What's new

The "Let's Be Serious Here" Podcast with Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, and M2Dave

Who would you like to see on the next LBSH podcast?

• Forever King

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • GGA 16 Bit

Votes: 56 38.9%
  • KDZ

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Rico Suave

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
PS: @General M2Dave There was a lot of noise coming from Tom's end (no idea what he was doing or if it's a mic issue), it was too distracting. Just something to keep in mind for next time.
Yeah, we're aware. Perfect Legend's volume is also kind of low. We should be able to fix and improve everything by the second episode.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I completely understand Tom's point about majors. It makes sense. Frosty Faustings 2012 had many out of towners but I would agree it was not a major. It was just a good regional that happened to have top outside comp that year. However KIT is different. While it's an old tournament this year they went out of their way to make it bigger and expand it into a major. The Midwest lost PowerUp and Season's Beatings. There is a need for a major in this area and TN is a great middle ground for the Midwest and South. I don't think this year was a fluke, I expect this to be a true major from here on out. As far as I know everyone that went loved this tournament. Everyone I talk to wants to come back next year. If East Coast can add TFC to it's list of majors why can't this region?

Good show though.

"Trident rush is a better move than I gave it credit for, so I was wrong." -- Tom Brady.

HOLY SHIT, Tom is that really you?

...."Black Adam...I destroy that character now." -- Tom Brady.

Never mind, it is you.
I actually did not say that I destroy the character now. I said that Rico had me run the Black Adam gauntlet and that I dominated vs the character. The point was that Rico was trying to show me that Black Adam loses to Aquaman. As i said in the podcast, I need more matches vs all Black Adams to really be able to tell who wins the mu. Despite the fact that I am now VERY good vs the character, Rico still edges me out in most sets. if we play to 20, i'll lose 20-16 or something like that. If I win one MM, he wins 2 MM's. etc etc.. I've been trying to play Smarr but havent been able to get a set with him yet. I really have to know just how good I am vs that character and how good Rico is vs me. I need to know the line between the mu and where I am being out played so that I can improve as a player.

Also..

I have said that I was never coming back here, but I have decided to come back if there is something that I actually want to post. The reason I dont and will not frequent TYM anymore is because its too negative. While I dont care what ppl think or say, I also dont want to be around negativity 24/7. This site is no longer about the game or the community aspect. Instead, its all about insulting ppl and taking cheap shots at other players and/or their local scenes. I find this to be really negative and classless, its a vibe I just dont want to find myself around often.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I have said that I was never coming back here, but I have decided to come back if there is something that I actually want to post. The reason I dont and will not frequent TYM anymore is because its too negative. While I dont care what ppl think or say, I also dont want to be around negativity 24/7. This site is no longer about the game or the community aspect. Instead, its all about insulting ppl and taking cheap shots at other players and/or their local scenes. I find this to be really negative and classless, its a vibe I just dont want to find myself around often.
It's embarrassing. Makes me feel like a kid watching Mom and Dad fight.

coolwhip

Noob
I actually did not say that I destroy the character now. I said that Rico had me run the Black Adam gauntlet and that I dominated vs the character. The point was that Rico was trying to show me that Black Adam loses to Aquaman. As i said in the podcast, I need more matches vs all Black Adams to really be able to tell who wins the mu. Despite the fact that I am now VERY good vs the character, Rico still edges me out in most sets. if we play to 20, i'll lose 20-16 or something like that. If I win one MM, he wins 2 MM's. etc etc.. I've been trying to play Smarr but havent been able to get a set with him yet. I really have to know just how good I am vs that character and how good Rico is vs me. I need to know the line between the mu and where I am being out played.

Also..

I just hope, for clarity's sake, you realize that my post was a joke, and I'm happy to know you'll be a regular on a podcast. Good to see you back.

PS: I'm not misquoting you. You did say you "destroy" the character but then clarified. As I said, it was a joke.

I just hope, for clarity's sake, you realize that my post was a joke, and I'm happy to know you'll be a regular on a podcast. Good to see you back.
well, the first part was correct. When you care what ppl think, you do and say things just to spite them or prove them wrong. Once I came out of semi-retirement I had to realize that I was wrong. That there was a difference between being the most complete Aquaman, and actually being a complete Aquaman. Most complete doesn't = complete, and if I expect to win, I need to look at every aspect of his game.

coolwhip

Noob
@General M2Dave

Re: Playingtow1n

I'm saying this because I'm one of the many who constantly takes digs at the guy. There's a difference between blowing him up and questioning his skills. I'm not a hypocrite, just the other thread I was criticizing those who question PL and call him a fraud despite everything he's accomplished. I'm not doing the same with P2W. I'm simply saying I'm happy he lost, because frankly, he's obnoxious -- or at least that's how he comes off to me, and to many others. Let me clarify, saying I'm happy he lost does not mean I don't think he's good. I don't have to be as good as him to be happy he lost. However, after all his condescension on the previous podcasts and in posts here on TYM, and his elitist attitude, him going 0-2 is ironic.

That's all.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I actually did not say that I destroy the character now. I said that Rico had me run the Black Adam gauntlet and that I dominated vs the character. The point was that Rico was trying to show me that Black Adam loses to Aquaman. As i said in the podcast, I need more matches vs all Black Adams to really be able to tell who wins the mu. Despite the fact that I am now VERY good vs the character, Rico still edges me out in most sets. if we play to 20, i'll lose 20-16 or something like that. If I win one MM, he wins 2 MM's. etc etc.. I've been trying to play Smarr but havent been able to get a set with him yet. I really have to know just how good I am vs that character and how good Rico is vs me. I need to know the line between the mu and where I am being out played so that I can improve as a player.

Also..

RESPECT!!!!

Vandy

Kumite!
Hey guys, thanks for doing the podcast.

I have known Perfect Legend and Tom Brady for many years - I may not be in the "Inner Circle" but I am a close associate. I respect their opinions and in fact agree.

If you followed what I did for KiT, I never once self-proclaimed the word "Major". I do not self-proclaim, I grind. Let the players decide.

There is no real definition of major as the FGC has no central governing body. Everything comes down to perception.

One thing I disagree with - "Majors have always been majors". That's not true. I have been around for a very long time too and I can go tournament by tournament of the ones you listed and remember a time when they definitely were not perceived as majors - some you don't even have to go that far back.

Perception changes. Sometimes very quickly. KiT is here to stay on a very big level.

Injustice will be bigger next year than it was this year at KiT.

Bill, Carl - I'll talk to you at Final Round. See you there!

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Everybody and their momma got a podcast now. Lol.
A mp3 version would be nice.
Listened to the entire ktp podcast of kumite preview on the way to Tennessee on the car stereo. Too good

Hey guys, thanks for doing the podcast.

I have known Perfect Legend and Tom Brady for many years - I may not be in the "Inner Circle" but I am a close associate. I respect their opinions and in fact agree.

If you followed what I did for KiT, I never once self-proclaimed the word "Major". I do not self-proclaim, I grind. Let the players decide.

There is no real definition of major as the FGC has no central governing body. Everything comes down to perception.

One thing I disagree with - "Majors have always been majors". That's not true. I have been around for a very long time too and I can go tournament by tournament of the ones you listed and remember a time when they definitely were not perceived as majors - some you don't even have to go that far back.

Perception changes. Sometimes very quickly. KiT is here to stay on a very big level.

Injustice will be bigger next year than it was this year at KiT.

Bill, Carl - I'll talk to you at Final Round. See you there!

Correct, almost every if not all "majors" today were at one time not considered such. In fact, there was a time when there were no "majors", just BIG tournaments. Even EVO was not referred to as a "major" back when it was B3, B4, etc... They all start somewhere, and the FGC is all screwed up when it comes to tournaments that do and dont "count".. The term "major" is a new age term in the FGC..

I have always considered you a stand up T.O. .. One of the few that understand that the players are paying for a service, and you want to give the players and fans at home a quality event. You hit a home run for IGAU this year. KIT has normally been known as a Namco major, but I can see this tourney becoming HUGE in the NRS community as long as we continue to support it.

The players have to realize, its not just the T.O. that makes the event, its the players too. No matter how good an event may have been ran, its up to the players to return and keep it big. Either the same and a few more return and the event begins to grow, or the players dont return with the same numbers and the event falls off. I'd like to see KIT grow, so lets all not forget to keep this thing going when it comes back next year.

Last edited:

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Midwest needs more majors bad. Not counting EVO and MLG's, KiT was the best run, best venue, best time I've had at a major since I started playing in 2011. Everyone should go next year.
Maybe Naptown Clutch can reach major-status, one of these days. I'd love to have a major less than an hour from my house, lol

Vandy

Kumite!
I have always considered you a stand up T.O. .. One of the few that understand that the players are paying for a service, and you want to give the players and fans at home a quality event. You hit a home run for IGAU this year. KIT has normally been known as a Namco major, but I can see this tourney becoming HUGE in the NRS community as long as we continue to support it.

The players have to realize, its not just the T.O. that makes the event, its the players too. No matter how good an event may have been ran, its up to the players to return and keep it big. Either the same and a few more return and the event begins to grow, or the players dont return with the same numbers and the event falls off. I'd like to see KIT grow, so lets all not forget to keep this thing going when it comes back next year.
I agree.

TBH there was SO much good will about this tournament, I was waiting for someone to reign it in. Even I (the TO) was like, 'come on guys'. I need people keeping it real like you to keep me working hard. Just like a player in the game, the moment you feel like you have reached the top or feel you have nothing to prove is the moment you stop working. I am nowhere near the top.

I have to do this year after year. I will.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Everybody and their momma got a podcast now. Lol.
A mp3 version would be nice.
Listened to the entire ktp podcast of kumite preview on the way to Tennessee on the car stereo. Too good
Forgot you were back. Did you Joker at Kumite, or are you still a little bitch? :p (jk lol)