What's new

The "Let's Be Serious Here" Podcast Episode 6, featuring DarthArma and Playing To Win

What do you think about the latest "hotfix"?

• Total voters
Also I forgot what I said on the podcast and don't want to listen to it to find out but I feel that SCR is in fact a major it did have great competition despite the pools being extremely shallow.

RIF

Noob
P2W's points regarding the Sinestro tech was accurate. His delivery might require some polishing, but the content was correct. The tech was less valuable against some and very powerful against others. The 2 trait / 1 bar version had limited application and viability for all of the reasons P2W mentioned. I truly believe that if Wound/P2W had gotten out in front of the propaganda machine regarding the tech, that most of the fear that derived from the false information would have been mitigated. His point about why the speed at which this was patched is absolutely on point. F23 was a problem for MONTHS and it was allowed to go on. This tech was barely in the embryonic stage and it's patched? Joker, Lex, and Cybord be damned? It's safe to assume that thread was a large component of why it was addressed. The same can be said regarding the Bola glitch.

@DarthArma Your point about TYM driving the community is 100% correct and ties directly into P2W's point. And your Batman MU chart deserves huge props for being honest.

@Perfect Legend If Sinestro's trait is training wheels defense, then Batman's bats are training wheels offense. Zod's trait grants FREE 50/50s for 3+ seconds. Doomsday's trait grants all of the things Doomsday REQUIRES to be successful for free. All of these traits do not require that you stand still to build it. Sinestro's trait is very powerful. Everyone agrees on this. Sinestro's B12 is supposed to have range because he needs to remain standing to charge it. If you do not give the character a means to outpoke the opponent at mid-range, the character would be terrible.

There are many traits in this game that simplify overall gameplay for that specific character. Calling out Sinestro's is obvious bias.

Say what you want about P2W, he is a polarizing personality which is good for ANY podcast.

Last edited:
P2W's points regarding the Sinestro tech was accurate. His delivery might require some polishing, but the content was correct. The tech was less valuable against some and very powerful against others. The 2 trait / 1 bar version had limited application and viability for all of the reasons P2W mentioned. I truly believe that if Wound/P2W had gotten out in front of the propaganda machine regarding the tech, that most of the fear that derived from the false information would have been mitigated. His point about why the speed at which this was patched is absolutely on point. F23 was a problem for MONTHS and it was allowed to go on. This tech was barely in the embryonic stage and it's patched? Joker, Lex, and Cybord be damned? It's safe to assume that thread was a large component of why it was addressed. The same can be said regarding the Bola glitch.

@Perfect Legend If Sinestro's trait is training wheels defense, then Batman's bats are training wheels offense. Zod's trait grants FREE 50/50s for 3+ seconds. Doomsday's trait grants all of the things Doomsday REQUIRES to be successful for free. All of these traits do not require that you stand still to build it. Sinestro's trait is very powerful. Everyone agrees on this. Sinestro's B12 is supposed to have range because he needs to remain standing to charge it. If you do not give the character a means to outpoke the opponent at mid-range, the character would be terrible.

There are many traits in this game that simplify overall gameplay for that specific character. Calling out Sinestro's is obvious bias.
Batman is training wheels offense, Zod's is training wheel 50/50s from anywhere on the screen. Martian is training wheels footsies. Doomsday is training wheels pressure.

*sidenote I want a strawberry milk shake form mcdonalds

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I wish they only nerfed Sinestro's pushblock to trait to shackles, not Lex/Joker etc.
Here's the problem.
This hotfix was clearly done to fix this Sinestro "tech" or whatever you wanna call it, based on the timing and when it was discovered, and the fact that Joker and Lex have had this shit forever.
Now look at what these characters now have off of it:
Sinestro
-loses the damage
-can STILL put you into a vortex for 2 trait shots if he wants to spend the resources
-can create a ton of space for 1 trait shot and a fearblast
-can get interactable setups for 1 trait shot
Joker
-loses the damage
-get's some offensive advantage and forces you into the same guessing game where you can just pursue and bait another pushblock with no risk
-HOPEFULLY can juggle you to a BGB, then can potentially kill you, so yeah, this is still a tool for opening people up for that
-can get some corner carry and hopefully open you up again once he get's you there (you know, that thing he struggles at)
Lex
-loses the damage
-just sets up some probes and what not/ traits up/ uses the advantage as best he can
Cyborg
-loses the damage
-LOSES THE DAMAGE

So, community, who do you think got affected the worst and least by this hotfix? I sure as shit don't think it was the one being targeted.
Injustice indeed.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
From now on no more questions or topics about "life" on the podcast. Everyone comes on the show to talk about the competitive gaming world and nothing else. People tune in cause they want to see their favorite personalities and recent news/updates on whats up in the NRS community.

1. We are all here with the same agenda to play, have fun and talk shit to each other.

2. We all (most of us) believe in fighting games becoming bigger than what it is and getting to the biggest level and stage of exposure.

3. That attitude doesn't do anything but set us back.
What are you talking about? Where did this come from? Seems random.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
He still has it off some setups like 112 and f22 (unscaled) according to k7.
Nope I tested it. It is 1% for the true push block strings. The others can be blocked (so now it isn't guaranteed).

To all else:

Honestly his missiles lost so much viability. Cyborg's strings mostly just knock people down, I always thought the intent was that he can set up missiles after a knockdown to try and get an actual combo with damage.
He also can no longer just put up close missiles (already a risk to begin with) and try and push incoming offenders into them. All characters can just get on on and put Cyborg on blast. The point of push block was to give characters with little options some breathing room for intense pressure.

I think it is still good to set up missiles...but now the opponent has no reason to fear using their wake ups or just come in to pressure (like killer frost, flash, batman, lex, Bane, ect ect...). Sure, I'll respect the wakeup and block it, and they block missiles (now I am at advantage) but Cyborg can't do anything with that advantage!!! He has no mix-ups to open someone up to take ANY damage (if we recall all his strings do no damage and have little utility in their knockdown). Cyborg needs to connect B3s to do decent damage (30-40%)

It makes me sick. Missiles were already kind of gimmicky to begin with (They are slow and you can literately SEE where he is going to put them...) Sure I will still get some groundfireball + missiles setups into B3 combos, but this is easily avoidable to anyone with a brain. (Honestly, there were many people including high level players at WB , I wont mention names, who still thought Cyborg missiles were unblockable).

I also hate whn people are like "But Cyborg has good footsies bro" "Command throw bro" "plus frames on his strings bro, f22 bro". No. Cyborg may have good footsies, but the POINT of good footsies is to space your opponent out and OPEN them up to taking damage...other wise there is no point. Cyborg does not have this potential.

Cyborg is almost certainly the worst character in the game. He is good as a utility charecter in about 5 MUs...but why choose him as a utility character when a Zod serves the same function, but is much better well rounded....

I would be completely soured on this game is Zod wasn't completely amazing on all levels

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Sinestro's pushblock techis no longer viable IMO. If he wants to get his vortex he has to spend 1 bar and 2 trait shots. If i was a Sinestro main i would rather to use that bar for MBblashand those 2 shots to keep zoning and checking my opponent. If you use it for the vortex there are possibilities for your opponent to guess right and you just wasted 2 trait shots and a bar which could be the hell for Sinestro.

Sinestro's pushblock techis no longer viable IMO. If he wants to get his vortex he has to spend 1 bar and 2 trait shots. If i was a Sinestro main i would rather to use that bar for MBblashand those 2 shots to keep zoning and checking my opponent. If you use it for the vortex there are possibilities for your opponent to guess right and you just wasted 2 trait shots and a bar which could be the hell for Sinestro.
It is viable, he needs to use one bar and one trait shot to send the opponent full screen which forces them to struggle coming back in again while eating chip, which is horrible for certain characters, he doesn't need to do the vortex.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It is viable, he needs to use one bar and one trait shot to send the opponent full screen which forces them to struggle coming back in again while eating chip, which is horrible for certain characters, he doesn't need to do the vortex.
Lol yes, he could still use that to keep them out, rushdown characters could be on his face all day if it was not for trait and MB fear blast. I'd rather to use MB fear blast and traitshots tbh. Also it would be easier for rushdown characters to get in if Sinestro just saves that bar and two trait shots, once they get in they can bounce cancel or grab.

They're not legitimate when they're glitches...
They weren't glitches.

They had been around for about half of the entire game's lifespan. These had been used on stream soooo many times, seen by NRS employees and everyone in the community- and nobody, at NRS or in the community, legitimately said they were glitches.

* Working on timestamps now, but holy crap this is long *

08:00 P2W basically saying NRS shouldn't patch at all unless they patch everything all at once.
14:00 "Well, Joker and Lex Luthor weren't going anywhere anyway" (Dave on the accidental nerfs)
16:30 Playing to Win accuses Tom Brady of influencing NRS to get rid of the glitch
19:00 "He was OK!" (PL on Vanilla Scorpion, then discussion of how NRS balances for competetive play)
22:00 more P2W basically saying NRS shouldn't patch at all unless they patch everything all at once.
24:00 Theo is "fool of the year for saying people should backdash d+1 xx Trident Rush
26:00 more P2W basically saying NRS shouldn't patch at all unless they patch everything all at once.