What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
VERY excited to see Joe Hennig, now under the moniker of Curtis Axel, get repackaged and given a push in the main event tonight on Raw against Triple H of all people. I understand the name paying tribute to Mr Perfect and Larry "the Axe" Hennig, but I'd much rather he just go by his real name.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
As long as we're still doing more than 60% in the corner I'm good.

But I will say that as of today "normalized" is my least favourite word of all time. Who has time for normal when you're Superman?

edit: I'm not seeing the breath -1 nerf in the patch notes LOL

MrAvA

Smashing.

But I will say that as of today "normalized" is my least favourite word of all time. Who has time for normal when you're Superman?

Well I guess the pressure and mix ups stays but the high damage goes. I hope we can do at least do 60-72%

edit: Superman might want us to have -1 but regime superman want that +1. If regime superman wants that +1 then regime superman will get that +1.

That was the main thing I was looking for lol. So Sups keeps his pressure and just take damage nerfs.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
VERY excited to see Joe Hennig, now under the moniker of Curtis Axel, get repackaged and given a push in the main event tonight on Raw against Triple H of all people. I understand the name paying tribute to Mr Perfect and Larry "the Axe" Hennig, but I'd much rather he just go by his real name.
I marked out when his music hit its so hype

Xstreme

Help me out of this scrub-hole.
Nothing too bad about the nerf. Expected a damage decrease and a nerf to super breath on block because of all the complaining and only getting a damage decrease is fine because realistically, he did do a little too much damage in the corner. Guess we're gonna have to test those f2d1 corner combos to see if they are even optimal anymore.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Patch is out, breath is still +1 on block and his combos only do around 1% less damage. Lol.
You tested all his bnbs? Like his standard mid screen mb breath combo did like 43-44% and does 41-42? Something like that?

Raynex patch notes say they "normalized" f2d1 damage.....0________o
Maaaaaan, I was just getting those down, LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

f+2,3 trait f+2 MB Breath b+3 j.3 22 low scoop 3~air grab, lazor,

That combo did 47% damage before, now it does 45%, the same combo WITHOUT trait does 36%. The damage reduction is negligible, you'll see maximum 1-3 points of damage gone. Not to mention he still has his ridiculous corner combos. Supes is still the same.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
f+2,3 trait f+2 MB Breath b+3 j.3 22 low scoop 3~air grab, lazor,

That combo did 47% damage before, now it does 45%, the same combo WITHOUT trait does 36%. The damage reduction is negligible, you'll see maximum 1-3 points of damage gone. Not to mention he still has his ridiculous corner combos. Supes is still the same.
awesome. I also saw no mention of his breath being -1, but then again, it didn't make much difference, people figured out a way around it cuz they did this thing called "levelling up"...shocker amirite? lol.

I see a lot of people complaining about breath being +1 on block...but there are heaps of ways to beat it. Too many tears and not enough tech these days.

As for the breath being nerfed to -1, it was supposedly confirmed by a top player, but it turned out to be bogus.

Xstreme

Was watching Team Spooky's vid of the patch and f2d1 in the corner is REALLY bad with repeated use. Not optimal to use it 2-4 times in one combo anymore.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
I'm still throwing a single F2D1 in there. 3~scoop timing is fucked without any filler in between Heat zap and 3~scoop, especially on particular characters (try doomsday to see what i mean)

Xstreme

I'm still throwing a single F2D1 in there. 3~scoop timing is fucked without any filler in between Heat zap and 3~scoop, especially on particular characters (try doomsday to see what i mean)
I always did a single anyway for consistency. It doesn't scale that much does it?

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
223, 3, trait, 3 mb breath, Heat zap, F2D1, 3 scoop, 3 breath now does 62% instead of 67%
So about a 5% difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.