What's new

Guide The Last Czarnian: Lobo Character Guide

can you explain to me this 2 part i still cant understand it...
oki shenanigans
Meaty Czar Toss to reset the damage

thank you all for sharing your idea! & nice thread ^^

"Oki shenanigans" refers to Lobo's options after he connects with the Hook Charge move. From there, you can mix the opponent up by doing: another Hook Charge (which hits overhead), Low Hook (hits low), a meaty Czar Toss (stuffs some wakeups and backdashes, is also a command grab). Or, you can dash up immediately after Hook Charge to bait a wakeup or go for an Instant Air Party Crasher, or Lobo's dive punch attack, which gives you the same Oki as landing a Hook Charge.

As for the Meaty Czar Toss to reset the damage, here's the video I made about it.

Be sure to have annotations on so you can read the Info i placed in them. Hope this helped.

Sledge

Hero of Earth
Hey, was anyone aware that, if Lobo does wake up Spin Cycle, he can grab Superman out of his Super?!

'Twas awesome when I did it...

Yashiro Aniki

Aniki of Steel
"Oki shenanigans" refers to Lobo's options after he connects with the Hook Charge move. From there, you can mix the opponent up by doing: another Hook Charge (which hits overhead), Low Hook (hits low), a meaty Czar Toss (stuffs some wakeups and backdashes, is also a command grab). Or, you can dash up immediately after Hook Charge to bait a wakeup or go for an Instant Air Party Crasher, or Lobo's dive punch attack, which gives you the same Oki as landing a Hook Charge.

As for the Meaty Czar Toss to reset the damage, here's the video I made about it.

Be sure to have annotations on so you can read the Info i placed in them. Hope this helped.

Many thanks, yeah know i get the picture!
tonight am gonna to try it .

Yashiro Aniki

Aniki of Steel
Hi, i played this weekend with my friends & i test lobo! against BA, DS, grundy

here my thoughts & problems:

-OMG MB shell shot very good tool! to punish your opponents like if they try to do dash, fireball, anything... they eat 28%
-i found that if they block b1! usually i cancel it into charge or low chain depend on there position, seems hard to react.

-i found my self more spacing! than rushdown!! such as if they jump or near range of 3 i used etc...
i don't know how to play him as rushdown any tips?? i want to play him 50/50 (spacing/rushdown)

-i found that 113 range indeed very poor, b21 can't used it anytime, b2u1 very slow...
how do you guys approach?

-i try to reload in most of my comb but it seems that i eat wake up fireballs like spike of AM
any safe combo that have nice damge with safe reload?
hmm maybe this problems in combo threads.

anyway that was my experience this weekend.

-OMG MB shell shot very good tool! to punish your opponents like if they try to do dash, fireball, anything... they eat 28%
-i found that if they block b1! usually i cancel it into charge or low chain depend on there position, seems hard to react.

-i found my self more spacing! than rushdown!! such as if they jump or near range of 3 i used etc...
i don't know how to play him as rushdown any tips?? i want to play him 50/50 (spacing/rushdown)

-i found that 113 range indeed very poor, b21 can't used it anytime, b2u1 very slow...

-i try to reload in most of my comb but it seems that i eat wake up fireballs like spike of AM

Lobo has a low 50/50 game with B1. He can follow up with hook charge for overhead, and low pump shot. Low pump shot can be deadly with trait because it can lead to a full combo.

What I do is mix up his low 50/50 and go into his 21~special 50/50. When they respect and block 21, go do a Czar Toss tick throw.

113 is a decent punisher, but standing 3 or 21 works okay as well. If they're face to face do the 12~Toss tick throw.

Loading combo Enders should look like this.

B2U1, 113 or 12~ Toss MB, F21~Load Trait. Like Cage also said, you can also end with 21~Load Trait.

Good luck with leveling up your Lobo man.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman

-Yup
-Yup. I generally prefer the frame trap b1 2 provides myself

-Don't play him as rushdown, in your face, Lobo. Lobo functions best from 3/4th of a screen away(Pump Shots), or mid range(Chain/hook moves, including okis). Close range I feel he loses to other characters since most of his moves have no range.

-If you must get close, 21 string has massive range and can be used to close the distance somewhat with a MB Charge.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
-Yup
-Yup. I generally prefer the frame trap b1 2 provides myself

Close range I feel he loses to other characters since most of his moves have no range.

-If you must get close, 21 string has massive range and can be used to close the distance somewhat with a MB Charge.
I gotta disagree on that one. b+1 and 2 have very deceptive range, not to mention the oki follow ups (seriously, if you haven't, their ranges are kinda ridiculous). d+1 has great range, is fast and buffers into Low Space Hook and Mid/Low shot for a punish. He has options in the close game, definitely. Even 3 is pretty fast at 11 frames of start up. Imo, close and long mid (just inside nuked pump shot) are ideal ranges for him. Anything but full screen, really.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

I gotta disagree on that one. b+1 and 2 have very deceptive range, not to mention the oki follow ups (seriously, if you haven't, their ranges are kinda ridiculous). d+1 has great range, is fast and buffers into Low Space Hook and Mid/Low shot for a punish. He has options in the close game, definitely. Even 3 is pretty fast at 11 frames of start up. Imo, close and long mid (just inside nuked pump shot) are ideal ranges for him. Anything but full screen, really.
When comparing 'close range', the crown goes to the fastest, the safest, and the strongest, or some combination of the above. And when Lobo has to compete with the likes of GL d1, WW b1, Superman f2, Aquaman b1 and f1, and others. And yes, I am comparing him to the best of the best in terms of close combat, but everyone else has to and god knows nearly all of those guys are super popular. Each of these characters gets not only large amounts of damage off their strings, but can out range and outfootsie a lobo all day. d1s are all 6 frames, minus GL, and hell, WW gets free combo off her d1. Lobo's most effective 'close up combo', meanwhile, comes from 12 Toss, or b2 u1, or as you suggested, low Nuclear Pump shot, which requires trait.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Everything you named is in range for his standing 3. The thing about the attacks I mentioned is, his attacks keep them OUT of the range of everything you mentioned. Is it the fastest? Nope. Safest? Fairly safe, actually.You end any of those strings with mid pump shot and the only thing that can punish is Supe's Super. You end 2,1 with high pump shot and it jails, meaning they can't duck the shot if they block the 2,1. It leaves Lobo at -1 on block and +1 on hit. They arent in range for any of their normals. Most are not in range AND have the speed to beat out his standing 3. Once I condition them to block the standing 3, I start czar tossing them. Strongest? Definitely, when you add up the options and the damage you can get. The one thing you forgot to mention was range, which is beats everyone at in terms of normal attacks.
If they enter the range of 3 (or 2, once I condition them to block on wake up, for instance) I can bully them with the mix up options. I have 6-7 from 2,1 to open them up, as JustPressingButtons stated above.

I'm not saying you are wrong. I understand where you are coming from. I'm just saying he has more options in close than I originally thought, they aren't just blatantly good like some of the others. I had to dig deeper than the surface to see what he had and how to abuse it.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Everything you named is in range for his standing 3. The thing about the attacks I mentioned is, his attacks keep them OUT of the range of everything you mentioned. Is it the fastest? Nope. Safest? Fairly safe, actually.You end any of those strings with mid pump shot and the only thing that can punish is Supe's Super. You end 2,1 with high pump shot and it jails, meaning they can't duck the shot if they block the 2,1. It leaves Lobo at -1 on block and +1 on hit. They arent in range for any of their normals. Most are not in range AND have the speed to beat out his standing 3. Once I condition them to block the standing 3, I start czar tossing them. Strongest? Definitely, when you add up the options and the damage you can get. The one thing you forgot to mention was range, which is beats everyone at in terms of normal attacks.
If they enter the range of 3 (or 2, once I condition them to block on wake up, for instance) I can bully them with the mix up options. I have 6-7 from 2,1 to open them up, as JustPressingButtons stated above.

I'm not saying you are wrong. I understand where you are coming from. I'm just saying he has more options in close than I originally thought, they aren't just blatantly good like some of the others. I had to dig deeper than the surface to see what he had and how to abuse it.
And my only point is that he is not as strong there as he is at mid screen with his Oki and grabs, and that he should be focusing his strength there instead of trying to keep up with Aquaman point blank

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
And my only point is that he is not as strong there as he is at mid screen with his Oki and grabs, and that he should be focusing his strength there instead of trying to keep up with Aquaman point blank
Absolutely. That's why it's all designed to push them out to that ideal range. Just gotta know when to hit the right buttons.

Sledge

Hero of Earth
Guys, I need help against Zatanna. I can't beat Mr. Mileena's Zatanna to save my life. Any suggestions?

Sledge

Hero of Earth
Is there any match footage? You gotta give us more to go on. What's his playstyle with her? Mix ups?

mainly mix ups and zoning. Plus wake up teleport. Even if I read which side she was gonna end up on, I still couldn't punish because her teleport is too fast and she can spam teleport.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
mainly mix ups and zoning. Plus wake up teleport. Even if I read which side she was gonna end up on, I still couldn't punish because her teleport is too fast and she can spam teleport.
No, she can't though. Either 2,1,3 to punish close teleports, regardless the side she teleports, or standing 3 to whatever special. Her teleport has a recovery time unless she burns it, if i recall.

Sledge

Hero of Earth
That might have been the case then. She must have MB teleport and then spammed regular teleport after. What are the best options to get up close when she activates trait?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
reload, then get close enough to burn a pump shot. She can't duck, block or jump when she activates trait. You close the distance by jumping over her low or mid projectile, just take the free 28%. Not sure if she can absorb it, but just don't be predictable with it.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
Guys I know its been awhile but I'm back on the forums. (Even if it is only like a few times a week) But I'll catch up on what I've missed in the Lobo Section and update the guide.

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
This is Red Venom for those not already aware, this is my new account. Everything in this basic beginners guide is true for the most part even as of patch 1.06 however, since I cannot update this thread anymore I will be releasing the advanced guide in a separate thread later today, it will be incomplete but I'm spending this entire day studying wake-up punishes and evaluating all Lobo threads for optimal gameplay tactics.

Yoaks

A spaceman
This is Red Venom for those not already aware, this is my new account. Everything in this basic beginners guide is true for the most part even as of patch 1.06 however, since I cannot update this thread anymore I will be releasing the advanced guide in a separate thread later today, it will be incomplete but I'm spending this entire day studying wake-up punishes and evaluating all Lobo threads for optimal gameplay tactics.
Why aren't you on your Red Venom account?

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
Why aren't you on your Red Venom account?
Didn't like my username, didn't realize I could've changed my name before hand. To late now, also I'm trying to join the NRF clan to level up my Lobo and become a better player. If I get in, I'll be making another PSN account as well lmao

Yoaks

A spaceman
Didn't like my username, didn't realize I could've changed my name before hand. To late now, also I'm trying to join the NRF clan to level up my Lobo and become a better player. If I get in, I'll be making another PSN account as well lmao
ooooohhhhh.....