What's new

The lack of new tech found and information about this game is killing me slowly.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
  1. people find and disseminate tech faster than ever because we know what to look for in a lot of ways
  2. lol of course the game has tons of tech yet discovered. I find new shit every single week. Don't wait for people to deliver it to you on a plate, actually go out and do the work yourself.
Christ we really are getting into the stereotypical TYM complainer phase of the game already?
No. We're at the "I'm not playing this game until shit is fixed." phase. You're late, sir.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Tech is being found and used all the time in tournaments. Especially game-changing option selects.

Players are just holding on to most of it bc with big money on the line they have no interest in it getting patched out of the game.
Players are definitely holding back tech for sure. But the biggest reason not a lot of tech is being found/shared here is because lack of desire to do so. At least for me it is.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
no one is sharing anymore.. most tech is shared in private chats, on discord or, on twitter. There are few people posting anything in a archivable and searchable place like say the character forums here. It is the nature of the new internet, everything is transitory and about the individuals not the community. Still there is plenty to tech getting shared all the time. I mean that amazing radian teleport option select was only a few days ago.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
no one is sharing anymore.. most tech is shared in private chats, on discord or, on twitter. There are few people posting anything in a archivable and searchable place like say the character forums here. It is the nature of the new internet, everything is transitory and about the individuals not the community. Still there is plenty to tech getting shared all the time. I mean that amazing radian teleport option select was only a few days ago.
Then its just this community of "pros" then because in other games I see the exact opposite.

D

Deleted member 35141

Is it really thriving?
Is the big evo # because more people are actually playing it or is it just natural progression of these events getting bigger.
Its crazy that a franchise this old gets beat by samsho and it just released

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
it’s really not good that people are already calling this game stale when it hasn’t even been to EVO yet, but I can’t say I disagree (and we all know how EVO is going to go anyway: Sonya, Geras, Erron... maybe some Cetrion, Jacqui, and Cassie).

I look on my friend’s list and people are mostly playing other games.

It’s just hard to be excited about this game when everyone has the same, exact wake up options, only one or two different combo paths (maybe switch up an ender here or there for spacing/oki purposes), one variation that’s viable and seemingly oversimplified in and of itself, and that’s pretty much it.

At this point I don’t even know how NRS would spice things up without adding customs or something. The base game itself is just boring, IMO.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I don't think there's a whole lot to find to be honest. Each character seems kinda barebones really. Generally, after a couple hours in the lab, maybe a few YT vids, and you've pretty much found everything that character has to offer. The combo system is so straightforward and linear that there's not really much room for discovery/expression. On top of that, we only have two variations for each character, and in many cases one variation is utterly useless so it may as well not even be in the game.

We don't really have a whole lot to dig into in my opinion. Not at this time anyways.
I agree. New tech could be found with custom variations, but not many people focus on that since it’s not tourney legal. This I think is the biggest issue that’s holding the game back and making it stale.

Well, sure the game isn't as tech heavy as MKX was with all the different cancels, NJP and other stuff, but to me the real problem is most of the interesting stuff being locked behind a shitty variation system... This game needs a third competitive variation and a full rebalancing of the current ones. Too many useless variations and waaaayy too many moves unused...

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
You want tech and depth? Play D'vorah. I come up with new setups literally every lab session, and there's a good amount of tech posted for her here. Setups within setups all over the place, if you can just get them going.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
im bad at finding tech, that being said having crazy amounts of tech can be overwhelming. i think part of the reason we arent finding janky weird tech is because the game feels like it was created around a formula, only x can happen when Y happens but never Z, etc.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Look harder, you are just lazy, there is a ton of tech in this forum and it hasn't been a week since i've been posting up techical data and more.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I agree somewhat as setup characters aren't that common and those that have setups have kind of wonky frames (spare change kollector, dvorah, kanos second variation) or are not a tournament variation.

That being said. Stuff can be found if you hit the lab. Although this game is kind of straight forward there is stuff to be found.

How are people complaining about MK11 getting stale and at the same time praising MKX?

That game was one of the most one-dimensional FG's I have ever played. Most "tech" in that game was "here is another way to mix" or "here is a way to mix more".
because finding filthy scummy shit was the tech and it was constantly being discovered but it wasn't just that kind of stuff that was tech being discovered