What's new

Match-up Discussion The Kommunity Baraka MU Chart

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i think baraka footsies are better in this matchup

i do not know but i feel this is a 5-5 because it comes down to spacing and pokes and baraka is better on both raiden will do what he does againt every character in the game which is trying to make you wiff attacks but i do not think this is such a big problem you just have to be more carefull about how you use your block strings

i really do not see anything that raiden can do to make this a 3-7 matchup but maybe i am missing something that make this matchup 4-6 but i really do not think i am missing something that would make it 3-7
i dont really see how radiens footsies are better.
all blade charges punished on block, cant advance after d4 on hit, whiff d4 equalls a superman or even a b3, more risk on rakas side in footsies battle imo.
dealing with tele with spin very risky because of ex tele.
radiens game stops so many of barakas tools,
no frametraps mindgames, no d4 mixups, no trading with spark, no blade charge check, no corner lock down, very limited resets follow ups, no d1/d3 slices even with radiens huge hitbox,cant jump at radien either. baraka strings terrible on whiff leading to major life lose vs radien.
baraka armor unsafe against radien and can even be baited to whiff by canceling into tele
baraka limits not very much of radiens game compared to what radien limits baraka doing, baraka has to work so so much harder.

i have alot of offline exp in the mu and maybe just maybe it could evolve into a 4-6 but personally at this moment in time i doubt it,so i very much doubt the mu will ever be 5-5 when both players know how to play the mu correctly.tools vs tools its 3-7 imo and it one of those mu that play out just like it should on paper

1man3letters

i think i will be doing some testing tonight :)

but maybe you can save be some time and tell me . . . can raiden teleport out of 221+2?
radien has options selects against the 22 1+2 frametrap so u cant even get a throw mix up off it

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Like Reptiles elbow dash the problem with this is against really good players they rarely whiff anything and when they do they lose 10%?? Not too much of a big deal imo
Very true. This is basically what I told someone in casuals the other day about Hellfire. Unless it will kill you, who cares.

1man3letters

i am sure that he can not teleport if you spin after 221+2 and if he try he will get hit by the spin
doesnt really need too with that mixup, very hard to do that and get away with it, you need to buffer the db very early so the radien cant neutral duck the spin for a full combo punish, this is made easier for the radien if he fuzzy guards the 1+2 to get himself into the crouch animation sooner.
if ya wana try anything after 22 1+2 vs radien d3 is best bet but d3~slices can be interupted by tele for superman punish and d3~spin can be full combo punished also by letting go of block so all you really get vs radien after 22 1+2 is d1 or d3

doesnt really need too with that mixup, very hard to do that and get away with it, you need to buffer the db very early so the radien cant neutral duck the spin for a full combo punish, this is made easier for the radien if he fuzzy guards the 1+2 to get himself into the crouch animation sooner.
if ya wana try anything after 22 1+2 vs radien d3 is best bet but d3~slices can be interupted by tele for superman punish and d3~spin can be full combo punished also by letting go of block so all you really get vs radien after 22 1+2 is d1 or d3
221+2 to spin jails he can not duck so he most block both hits of the spin

yea its possible then, 1 frame late and a full combo punish though,risky but if your on point it can be done,
prob be better using when radien tries to tele a blocked b4 to d4 trap also
/
Well that is the thing since the spin is a speacil move it can be buffed between the recover fremes of 221+2 and it will alway come out in the first frame of your block advantage of 221+2 string

1man3letters

/
Well that is the thing since the spin is a speacil move it can be buffed between the recover fremes of 221+2 and it will alway come out in the first frame of your block advantage of 221+2 string
yea i mentioned about buffering the db in a eariler post.
didnt know it always made it came out on the 1st first frame,though it just helped it lol

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Raiden can't tele out of 221+2, but he can tele after a blocked jump in into any of Baraka's string except those starting with a 1, 3, or B+1. I can see it being a 6-4 (I've argued that it was 6-4 in the past), but not being able to do your normal frame traps is a real pain in the ass. I suppose you can always bait the Teleport and punish on a read, but it's hella difficult to punish on reaction. Raiden's footsies aren't better though, you can definitely beat his B+3 with a D+4. And it's more difficult for Raiden when he gets within Blade Charge range, you can pretty much react to any of his normals with a backdash Charge. He can't do his string pauses because of Spin, and if you have meter you can ruin his day by armor through his shit (those 6f gaps kill him). Raiden is not as good as I originally thought...

1man3letters

ok regarding the mu talk on the kouncil im going to change few of my numbers on my chart

quan from 5-5 to 6-4
also instead of having it in brackets beside a whole number im putting in the .5s mu i think there are (let me know if u want any .5 edits)
also adding "possible 4-6" to jax

also SomeCubanGuy do u want me to change your noob 4-6 to a 5-5 like you were talking about on stream?

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
ok regarding the mu talk on the kouncil im going to change few of my numbers on my chart

quan from 5-5 to 6-4
also instead of having it in brackets beside a whole number im putting in the .5s mu i think there are (let me know if u want any .5 edits)
also adding "possible 4-6" to jax

also SomeCubanGuy do u want me to change your noob 4-6 to a 5-5 like you were talking about on stream?
Yeah you can change it to 5-5 on mine.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'll just throw my little MU chart out there. This is based off my experience and my personal playstyle and if I lack MU experience I will leave it blank. I will not throw out random numbers for MU's I lack experience with.

Raka vs.
Scorpion 6-4
Sub Zero 5-5(This MU is by far the most I have experience with offline. I practically breathe this MU lol.)
Reptile 4-6
Ermac 4-6
Noob 5-5
Smoke 4-6(Possibly even, but I lack a ton of experience here)
Rain 5-5
Mileena 5-5
Kitana 3-7
Jade 6-4
Skarlet - (can't give an opinion here..I haven't explored the mu much.)
Sektor 4-6
Cyrax 4-6
Cyber Sub 6-4
Kenshi 3-7
Freddy 3-7
Sindel 6-4(Sindel was my first true main..I know her extremely well and it always helps in my favor.)
Sonya 4-6
Jax 5-5
Johnny Cage 5-5(some will argue, but Raka has the tools to deal with his b.s.)
Stryker 6-4
Liu Kang 3-7
Kung Lao 4-6
Kano 6-4(This character is trash and every string of his can be interrupted. Upball and knives don't cut it here.)
Nightwolf 6-4
Kabal 2-8
Shang Tsung - (Lack of MU experience)
Quan Chi - 6-4
Raiden 4-6
Sheeva 7-3