What's new

Match-up Discussion The Kommunity Baraka MU Chart

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
attention all tarkatans,
instead of posting our own personal mu charts in different threads the baraka kommunity have decided to combine all discussion and data to this kommunity thread to help gain more accuracy in our thinking towards MUs

*PLEASE when discussing MUs remember it is not player vs player, it is character vs character and tools vs tools so lets keep our talk to that*

if your would like your chart added to the OP just PM me it or post it in thread,
same for if you wish to make changes to your chart

Kommunity Average
Cyber Sub Zero-
Cyrax-
Ermac-
Freddy-
Jade-
Jax-
Johnny Cage
Kabal-
Kano-
Kenshi-
Kitana-
Kung Lao-
Liu Kang-
Mileena-
Nightwolf-
Noob-
Quan-
Raiden-
Rain-
Reptile-
Scorpion-
Sektor-
Shang-
Sheeva-
Sindel-
Skarlet-
Smoke-
Sonya-
Stryker-
Sub Zero-

Zoidberg747 chart
Cyber Sub Zero- 5-5
Cyrax- 4-6
Ermac- 5-5
Freddy- 3-7
Jade- 5-5
Jax- 3-7
Johnny Cage 4-6
Kabal- 3-7
Kano- 6-4
Kenshi- 2-8
Kitana- 4-6
Kung Lao-4-6
Liu Kang- 4-6
Mileena- 5-5
Nightwolf- 6-4
Noob- 5-5
Quan- 6-4
Raiden- 3-7
Rain- 5-5
Reptile- 4-6
Scorpion- 5-5
Sektor- 5-5
Shang- 4-6
Sheeva-7-3
Sindel- 5-5
Skarlet- 4-6
Smoke- 4-6
Sonya- 3-7
Stryker- 6-4
Sub Zero- 4-6

TheTetraSpirit chart
Cyber Sub Zero- 5-5
Cyrax- 4-6
Ermac- 6-4
Freddy- 3-7
Jade-5-5
Jax- 4-6
Johnny Cage 5-5
Kabal- 3-7
Kano- 6-4
Kenshi- 3-7
Kitana- 4-6
Kung Lao- 4-6
Liu Kang- 4-6
Mileena- 5-5
Nightwolf- 6-4
Noob- 5-5
Quan- 6-4
Raiden- 4-6
Rain- 5-5
Reptile- 4-6
Scorpion- 6-4
Sektor- 5-5
Shang- 5-5
Sheeva- 7-3
Sindel- 5-5
Skarlet- 4-6
Smoke- 5-5
Sonya- 4-6
Stryker- 6-4
Sub Zero- 5-5

SomeCubanGuy chart
Cyber Sub Zero- 5-5
Cyrax- 4-6
Ermac- 6-4
Freddy-4-6
Jade- 6-4
Jax- 4-6
Johnny Cage 4-6
Kabal- 4-6
Kano- 6-4
Kenshi- 3-7
Kitana- 4-6
Kung Lao- 4-6
Liu Kang- 5-5
Mileena- 5-5
Nightwolf- 6-4
Noob- 5-5
Quan- 5-5
Raiden- 4-6
Rain- 4-6
Reptile- 4-6
Scorpion- 6-4
Sektor- 4-6
Shang- 5-5
Sheeva- 7-3
Sindel- 5-5
Skarlet- 4-6
Smoke- 4-6
Sonya- 4-6
Stryker-5-5
Sub Zero- 4-6

1man3letters chart
Cyber Sub Zero-5-5
Cyrax-4-6 (possible 3-7?)
Ermac- 5-5
Freddy- 3-7
Jade- 6-4
Jax- 4-6
Johnny Cage 4-6
Kabal- 2-8
Kano- 6-4
Kenshi- 3-7
Kitana- 4-6
Kung Lao- 4-6
Liu Kang- 3-7
Mileena- 5-5
Nightwolf-5-5
Noob- 5-5
Quan- 6-4
Raiden- 3-7
Rain- 4.5-5.5
Reptile- 4-6
Scorpion- 5-5
Sektor- 4-6 (possible 5-5?)
Shang- 5-5
Sheeva- 6-4
Sindel- 4.5-5.5
Skarlet- 4-6
Smoke- 4-6
Sonya- 4-6
Stryker- 6-4
Sub Zero- 5-5

TotteryManx chart
Raka vs.
Scorpion 6-4
Sub Zero 5-5(This MU is by far the most I have experience with offline. I practically breathe this MU lol.)
Reptile 4-6
Ermac 4-6
Noob 5-5
Smoke 4-6(Possibly even, but I lack a ton of experience here)
Rain 5-5
Mileena 5-5
Kitana 3-7
Jade 6-4
Skarlet - (can't give an opinion here..I haven't explored the mu much.)
Sektor 4-6
Cyrax 4-6
Cyber Sub 6-4
Kenshi 3-7
Freddy 3-7
Sindel 6-4(Sindel was my first true main..I know her extremely well and it always helps in my favor.)
Sonya 4-6
Jax 5-5
Johnny Cage 5-5(some will argue, but Raka has the tools to deal with his b.s.)
Stryker 6-4
Liu Kang 3-7
Kung Lao 4-6
Kano 6-4(This character is trash and every string of his can be interrupted. Upball and knives don't cut it here.)
Nightwolf 6-4
Kabal 2-8
Shang Tsung - (Lack of MU experience)
Quan Chi - 6-4
Raiden 4-6
Sheeva 7-3

1man3letters

This is totally awesome, thanks for doing this.

Also my personal changes after some discussion and contemplation:
Raiden 3-7
Jax 3-7
Freddy 3-7
Huh, didn't notice that said Freddy was 4-6 on mine. That oughta be 3-7. Sonya as well, unless I happen across something or some way to approach it that makes it better.
thank you, will edit both of your charts now :)

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Huh, didn't notice that said Freddy was 4-6 on mine. That oughta be 3-7. Sonya as well, unless I happen across something or some way to approach it that makes it better.
Funny I was JUST about to ask why you thought that shit was 4-6 lol. Honestly I definitely think it may be closer to a 3-7 than 2-8 after giving it a lot of thought. Hell Spike is entirely punishable by Blade Charge, and Freddy can't really punish it. That alone makes it not completely helpless. But still, Hell Shift and EX Hell Shift are the major problems, as well as his ridiculous zoning.

The only person that has said Sonya-Baraka is 6-4 is Riu48, and he played both characters. But I just don't see how it could be anything less than a 3-7. She's just too stupid of a character...

1man3letters

Funny I was JUST about to ask why you thought that shit was 4-6 lol. Honestly I definitely think it may be closer to a 3-7 than 2-8 after giving it a lot of thought. Hell Spike is entirely punishable by Blade Charge, and Freddy can't really punish it. That alone makes it not completely helpless. But still, Hell Shift and EX Hell Shift are the major problems, as well as his ridiculous zoning.

The only person that has said Sonya-Baraka is 6-4 is Riu48, and he played both characters. But I just don't see how it could be anything less than a 3-7. She's just too stupid of a character...
with you thinking about it more do u want me to edit your freddy mu to 3-7?

Alright, after playing(sadly only 1) set with Evil_Riu48, we have both agreed that the Baraka/Sonya match-up is actually only 4-6.
Baraka can space her out fairly well and make her wary of mashing D4 due to being easily whiff punished. He can still play hit-and-run well enough to keep himself alive and take the game.
On the flip side, it's still Sonya, and she will get on top of you eventually, and she's still as much a problem for Baraka as anyone else.

BTW, great games, Riu. I wanted to grab you once more before I left but I couldn't. :/

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Alright, after playing(sadly only 1) set with Evil_Riu48, we have both agreed that the Baraka/Sonya match-up is actually only 4-6.
Baraka can space her out fairly well and make her wary of mashing D4 due to being easily whiff punished. He can still play hit-and-run well enough to keep himself alive and take the game.
On the flip side, it's still Sonya, and she will get on top of you eventually, and she's still as much a problem for Baraka as anyone else.

BTW, great games, Riu. I wanted to grab you once more before I left but I couldn't. :/
What are your thoughts on Kitana-Baraka?

If I may say something here I think Baraka vs Sindel could be a 5-5. I'm going to go play a few games with some of my friends *All Baraka, Jade for me and Sonya, Sindel, Skarlett for them sets*. I wish I had camera equipment :(.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
If I may say something here I think Baraka vs Sindel could be a 5-5. I'm going to go play a few games with some of my friends *All Baraka, Jade for me and Sonya, Sindel, Skarlett for them sets*. I wish I had camera equipment :(.
hmm,..imo I think it's more so 4-6 because she can zone him on the ground and in the air and levi cancel pressure can make her a huge threat up close to the point where her pressure is almost unbearable :(

1man3letters

yea riu stated before he thinks its 4-6 alright, he did play baraka for a while also.

so do you wish me to change sonya on your chart to 4-6?

hmm,..imo I think it's more so 4-6 because she can zone him on the ground and in the air and levi cancel pressure can make her a huge threat up close to the point where her pressure is almost unbearable :(
Very good argument for 4-6; Sindel favor. I was thinking of some of the things Baraka could do in a timely situation: Wakeup Spinning Shredder, EX Blade Charge. And his corner game is kinda unbearable to the point as well, but you got me on that levi cancel pressure. I didn't think about that.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Very good argument for 4-6; Sindel favor. I was thinking of some of the things Baraka could do in a timely situation: Wakeup Spinning Shredder, EX Blade Charge. And his corner game is kinda unbearable to the point as well, but you got me on that levi cancel pressure. I didn't think about that.
I only know about the levi cancels because I mained Sindel for a week then dropped her lol
I find her so difficult to use!!

Tetra and 1manletters are the only Baraka players who don't downplay him in the Kitana Match.

Everyother Kitana has it 7-3 her winning too.

His Ex Blade charge can be annoying, and so can his blade charge at the furthest distance.
His zoning is okay, his d4 is a good tool, and his many frame traps / resets can be a problem too.

Kitana can't damage him zoning, and as always, she plays a footsie orientated game. She doesn't have amazing rushdown or a good mixup game. She has to footsie him out, and with blade charge, it can get annoying and accustom her to blocking more. She wins the match, but she doesn't win it more than 6-4.

That's just my opinion.

Sindel- I feel she beats baraka. Should he ex charge her through her fireballs... so what? It throws her full screen, and she can continue zoning.
The only problem would be if it corners her. She can gain massive meter and deal chip damage with zoning, and her 4,4 can punish mid length charges.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Tetra and 1manletters are the only Baraka players who don't downplay him in the Kitana Match.

Everyother Kitana has it 7-3 her winning too.

His Ex Blade charge can be annoying, and so can his blade charge at the furthest distance.
His zoning is okay, his d4 is a good tool, and his many frame traps / resets can be a problem too.

Kitana can't damage him zoning, and as always, she plays a footsie orientated game. She doesn't have amazing rushdown or a good mixup game. She has to footsie him out, and with blade charge, it can get annoying and accustom her to blocking more. She wins the match, but she doesn't win it more than 6-4.

That's just my opinion.

Sindel- I feel she beats baraka. Should he ex charge her through her fireballs... so what? It throws her full screen, and she can continue zoning.
The only problem would be if it corners her. She can gain massive meter and deal chip damage with zoning, and her 4,4 can punish mid length charges.
Max ranged blade charge doesnt work if your jumping back throwing fans. You may not be able to zone him forever, but it can be hella annoying chasing Kit down with a life lead. He can maybe outfootsie her with maxed ranged blade charge but I think Cuban said she could F2 it, not sure though.

As for Sindel, I wont EX through fireballs. Ill just keep dashing up until eventually, she will be in the corner. Her pokes and lack of armor make it SOOO easy for Baraka to rape her in the corner, plus with meter we get a 50/50 after every reset. Most barakas dont throw out mid ranged charges either if they can. Do levi cancels really change the matchup to 4-6? I mean even if you abuse those can he not just(7f) spin out of some of them?

My biggest question is though: If you are getting cornered, how do you get out? Levi is not an option, Anyone who knows Sindel wont block low allowing for EX Cartwheel. EX Hair Whip Is pretty easy to see coming.

Max ranged blade charge doesnt work if your jumping back throwing fans. You may not be able to zone him forever, but it can be hella annoying chasing Kit down with a life lead. He can maybe outfootsie her with maxed ranged blade charge but I think Cuban said she could F2 it, not sure though.

As for Sindel, I wont EX through fireballs. Ill just keep dashing up until eventually, she will be in the corner. Her pokes and lack of armor make it SOOO easy for Baraka to rape her in the corner, plus with meter we get a 50/50 after every reset. Most barakas dont throw out mid ranged charges either if they can. Do levi cancels really change the matchup to 4-6? I mean even if you abuse those can he not just(7f) spin out of some of them?

My biggest question is though: If you are getting cornered, how do you get out? Levi is not an option, Anyone who knows Sindel wont block low allowing for EX Cartwheel. EX Hair Whip Is pretty easy to see coming.
I calm down and try and AA you or take advantage of any blocked strings or specials)

She's annoying to chase down. Thing is, Sindel is mostly used for throwing fireballs and spamming out random cartwheels.

She can hold her own upclose.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I calm down and try and AA you or take advantage of any blocked strings or specials)

She's annoying to chase down. Thing is, Sindel is mostly used for throwing fireballs and spamming out random cartwheels.

She can hold her own upclose.
I see your point. Do you think she could out footsie Baraka though? If I used a max ranged blade charge that you couldn't punish, and advance to D4, could you punish D4 attempts? My only point here is if I get that close I probably wont be very risky either, and definitely will not use any heavily disadvantaged strings.