What's new

THE JOKER official Combo Thread: Lets put a smile on that face

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
The combos we're comparing are
starter, mb rlg, b3, ds xx far teeth, f23 xx far teeth, 21 crowbar
vs
starter, mb rlg, b3, j2, 32 crowbar
like you and I had compared in the past. The latter is easier to execute and does 1% more damage, the former builds more meter with teeth. Both have pretty much the same wall carry. And yeah, you can use 32 crowbar instead at the end there in the former, though iirc the timing is a little more strict and it's only about 0.5% extra.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Oh I see. The combo im comparing the former to is this one: starter, mb rlg, b3, d2 xx far teeth, ji2, far teeth, 32 (1 hit) xx crowbar. In this case ji2 and 32 have more carry than f21 and 21. I confirmed this in the wall carry thread. It also gives us all the OTG options we have midscreen. It also does more damage and probably the same if not more meter. The latter does the same damage than the one im presenting but does less wall carry and meter

StevoSuprem0

Oh yeah I forgot about that one :confused:. Yeah, that one is another 1-2% damage and better wall carry. And then there was the other that did 3 flower, bounced off the teeth, then 1 crowbar, for even more damage and wall carry, but the spacing wasn't as good because they couldn't be caught with OTG stuff. That one was optimal for wall carry and damage, but the reduction in OTG options made it less desirable.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Oh yeah I forgot about that one :confused:. Yeah, that one is another 1-2% damage and better wall carry. And then there was the other that did 3 flower, bounced off the teeth, then 1 crowbar, for even more damage and wall carry, but the spacing wasn't as good because they couldn't be caught with OTG stuff. That one was optimal for wall carry and damage, but the reduction in OTG options made it less desirable.
Yea lol

StevoSuprem0

Basically, there are a bunch of options that are good in different ways, so pick your poison, but know your options... :joker:

OnlineRon91

Joker++
The damage and ranges were bothering me so I went to the lab real quick to procrastinate. Go to http://testyourmight.com/threads/pushing-to-the-corner-with-joker.37269/ to find out what I mean by lines, the short version is that the more lines the combo covers, the more the combo carries to the corner. All of these allow the full range of OTG options off of them.

mb RLG, b3, d2 xx Far Teeth, ji2, Far Teeth 32 (1 hit) xx Crowbar. 35% and 3.375 lines (B&B mode)
mb RLG, b3, d2 xx Far Teeth, ji2, Far Teeth, 21 xx Crowbar. 34% and 3.375 lines (Only here to prove that ji2 > f21 in corner carry and damage)
mb RLG, b3, d2 xx Far Teeth, f21, Far Teeth, 21 xx Crowbar. 33% and 3.25 lines (Style mode)
mb RLG, b3, ji2, 32 (1 hit) xx Crowbar. 33% and 3.25 lines (Easy mode)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The damage and ranges were bothering me so I went to the lab real quick to procrastinate. Go to http://testyourmight.com/threads/pushing-to-the-corner-with-joker.37269/ to find out what I mean by lines, the short version is that the more lines the combo covers, the more the combo carries to the corner. All of these allow the full range of OTG options off of them.

mb RLG, b3, d2 xx Far Teeth, ji2, Far Teeth 32 (1 hit) xx Crowbar. 35% and 3.375 lines (B&B mode)
mb RLG, b3, d2 xx Far Teeth, ji2, Far Teeth, 21 xx Crowbar. 34% and 3.375 lines (Only here to prove that ji2 > f21 in corner carry and damage)
mb RLG, b3, d2 xx Far Teeth, f21, Far Teeth, 21 xx Crowbar. 33% and 3.25 lines (Style mode)
mb RLG, b3, ji2, 32 (1 hit) xx Crowbar. 33% and 3.25 lines (Easy mode)
do the j2 and 32 first to determine scaling

otherwise, nice shit

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm working on some insane wallcarry combos, doomsday style. I really want to make this character touch you once and force you in the corner.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Your only using mbf3 after resets? interesting. We have one of the farthest reaching f3s in the game.
id rather use crowbar

Ok, the combo I was talking about, after some tests its backdash able

heres the combo

32 MB RLG B3 D2 FAR TEETH F23 MID TEETH B1/1 flower

if they backdash then you gain distance ( good vs DD/ww )

if they block the teeth then noone in the game can AA you

StevoSuprem0

Nice. I'm starting to look more at using mid teeth as well. They have some interesting possibilities that we can exploit because of their delay.
Just to clarify, you are re-standing them with flower and frame trapping the with the teeth, correct?

StevoSuprem0

Also, did you test this against Flash's d2? I'm suspicious that his insanely low hitbox during d2 might let him get it off still, or at least dodge the jump in.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Also, did you test this against Flash's d2? I'm suspicious that his insanely low hitbox during d2 might let him get it off still, or at least dodge the jump in.
if air snatch is stuffed then flash cant do shit

as for the flower, you can flower them on the teeth but they can backdash the teeth, it would be awesome if they couldnt because then youd just jump 212 crowbar for half a stage of pushback ( tested)

StevoSuprem0

if air snatch is stuffed then flash cant do shit

as for the flower, you can flower them on the teeth but they can backdash the teeth, it would be awesome if they couldnt because then youd just jump 212 crowbar for half a stage of pushback ( tested)
Hmmm. Doesn't air snatch have no invulnerable frames though, while things like flying uppercut do on wakeup?
For the flower thing, my question was relating to the actual combo you posted. When you use b1 flower after the mid teeth, you are doing that to restand them on the teeth and either reset them or get them in a frame trap such that they are in enough of a frame trap to follow up with a ji2/3, right? Seems solid, just making sure that's how it works.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hmmm. Doesn't air snatch have no invulnerable frames though, while things like flying uppercut do on wakeup?
For the flower thing, my question was relating to the actual combo you posted. When you use b1 flower after the mid teeth, you are doing that to restand them on the teeth and either reset them or get them in a frame trap such that they are in enough of a frame trap to follow up with a ji2/3, right? Seems solid, just making sure that's how it works.
air snatch doesnt have invulnerable frames up until its out. to give you an idea it stuffs zods 9f uppercut almost before it comes out

and yeah

StevoSuprem0

air snatch doesnt have invulnerable frames up until its out. to give you an idea it stuffs zods 9f uppercut almost before it comes out

and yeah
Cool. The only reason I think Flash's d2 might be different is because it lowers his hitbox like crazy, and that shift might be enough to give him enough frames to get the d2 to connect before the j2/3. It also might whiff though. It's just one character and this stuff is still definitely useful, but I'm struggling in that matchup because of his d2's insanely low hitbox :(.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Cool. The only reason I think Flash's d2 might be different is because it lowers his hitbox like crazy, and that shift might be enough to give him enough frames to get the d2 to connect before the j2/3. It also might whiff though. It's just one character and this stuff is still definitely useful, but I'm struggling in that matchup because of his d2's insanely low hitbox :(.
always use j3 to jump in on him, it never loses to d2, only use d2 for crossups.