What's new

THE JOKER official Combo Thread: Lets put a smile on that face

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Sorry if it's been posted, noob Joker here by the way, but with D2, Far Teeth, I cannot get far teeth to come out but instead RLG, any suggestions?

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
My gf just got me the igau fight stick for my b day and I gotta say it's pretty sweet , but I need to retrain my muscle memory. Anyone have any ideal button lay outs for Jo's gameplay? I know I have to put the time in to be efficient, just wondering if anyone found helpful button layouts for Mr. J.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The BnB you should all be using unless you need damage :

J2 string into MB RLG B3 D2 far teeth f23 far teeth 21 crowbar. 1% more than the standard wallcarry combo and slightly less wallcarry, barely noticeable + you have time to double dash and mb f3 any wakeups.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
I can't seem to get this bnb out after d2 teeth the f23 carries my opponent over the teeth. Any suggestions?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I can't seem to get this bnb out after d2 teeth the f23 carries my opponent over the teeth. Any suggestions?
You gotta delay the f23 slightly so that they get hit by the teeth. On the plus side, if you misstime it like that, you can just follow up with an overhead (f3/j3/j2 etc) and turn it into a reset, albeit an escapable one.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Thanks for the heads up I'm now getting it to hit. Getting the teeth out after f23 seems to come out slow and I'm dropping the rest. Maybe I am still getting used to the fightstick.

StevoSuprem0

And you actually get 1% more and about the same amount of wall carry off of j2, start, MB RLG, b3, j2, 3 2 (1 hit) xx crowbar. AND it's online friendly =)

StevoSuprem0

If you're going for a crowbar ender, yes. If you wanna save the extra bar (assuming you are using a bar on the crowbar), then the ds xx teeth version can lead into a super hard KD by doing 213 instead of 21 crowbar at the cost of 3% with the same wall carry and such. Crowbar ender gives you access to all the OTG stuff, so it really just depends on what you're going for and how much meter you have.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
I like both bnbs. I think until I get the timing down with the f23 option I'll use the j2 32 crowbar route. I play most my matches online anyway. Good find.

StevoSuprem0

I'll split the credit with OnlineRon91. He and I experimented a bit with optimal crowbar enders in terms of wall carry and spacing after. That one is pretty well rounded and very easy to execute.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Do you think that bnb is better than the d2 f23 teeth bnb?
If you're going for a crowbar ender, yes. If you wanna save the extra bar (assuming you are using a bar on the crowbar), then the ds xx teeth version can lead into a super hard KD by doing 213 instead of 21 crowbar at the cost of 3% with the same wall carry and such. Crowbar ender gives you access to all the OTG stuff, so it really just depends on what you're going for and how much meter you have.
wrong.

you should never use a bar on crowbar midscreen, the combo i posted doesnt use mb crowbar.

d2 teeth f23 teeth 21 crowbar does 1% more damage than the 213 ender for slightly less wallcarry but better ability to press since you get a double dash and are more or less at neutral in their faces.

normal crowbar in this combo doesnt let you otg b1 IIRC and you should be using the hitstun to pressure them, not further otg

when you do any combo you need to realise ure either going for damage or wallcarry, you can only do a "little less wallcarry" only so many times before your combo is not that different from the damaging ones.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
wrong.

you should never use a bar on crowbar midscreen, the combo i posted doesnt use mb crowbar.

d2 teeth f23 teeth 21 crowbar does 1% more damage than the 213 ender for slightly less wallcarry but better ability to press since you get a double dash and are more or less at neutral in their faces.

normal crowbar in this combo doesnt let you otg b1 IIRC and you should be using the hitstun to pressure them, not further otg

when you do any combo you need to realise ure either going for damage or wallcarry, you can only do a "little less wallcarry" only so many times before your combo is not that different from the damaging ones.
Any particular reason you use 21 rather than 32 (1 hit)?

StevoSuprem0

wrong.

Few things.
1. You can in fact OTG after a normal crowbar ender in that combo (only with b1, obviously, unless you end up in the corner).
2. What you're saying just means that the other combo I posted is better in pretty much every way then. More damage, way easier, and equivalent wall carry.
3. I would disagree with never using a bar on MB crowbar midscreen. There are too many OTG options not to use that bar if you have bars to spare.
4. Who are you?

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Few things.
1. You can in fact OTG after a normal crowbar ender in that combo.
2. What you're saying just means that the other combo I posted is better in pretty much every way then. More damage, way easier, and equivalent wall carry.
3. I would disagree with never using a bar on MB crowbar midscreen. There are too many OTG options not to use that bar if you have bars to spare.
4. Who are you?
Midscreen 50/50 that can lead to further wall carry, deny wakeups, and is safe on block, ftw?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Few things.
1. You can in fact OTG after a normal crowbar ender in that combo (only with b1, obviously, unless you end up in the corner).
4. Who are you?
1. you shouldnt otg unless youre sure they will wake up, if they do nothing you pressure, if you read a wakeup OTG it or mb f3

2. no, your combo gives up even more wallcarry from what I read and build way less meter. execution should not apply just because of online. id rather use my bars for bnbs, resets and guaranteed damage from crowbar in the corner rather than midscreen

StevoSuprem0

It's not less wall carry. If you do it properly, it's pretty much exactly the same. Yes, it is less meter building though due to the lack of additional teeth being used in the combo. Until you're completely confident in your ability to land the combos though, execution sure as shit matters because your giving up damage and getting punished any time you drop a combo. These threads aren't straight top level discussion, they are for everyone. Remember that you clown. Obviously if your execution is 100% on, you use the better options.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Well it is worth noting that even top players will forgo the absolute best combo if the next combo down the line does slightly less damage and is easier to execute because they rather take guaranteed damage over the bigger chance of getting half the damage and no knockdown for example.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
What additional teeth? Qwarks is 21 (teeth pop) crowbar, the one im suggesting is 32 (teeth pop) crowbar. 21 has negligible if not even wall carry and meter than 32. I respect style though :)