What's new

Combo List - Jason Voorhees The Jason Voorhees Combo Thread

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
What's the best way to setup the buffs safely?
Off of combos:

B122, B122, 111~buff
B122, B122, b2~buff
B122, b122, 32~buff
B122, b122, d2~buff

(B122 can be substituted with any starter, including b3u1, 24, and b2)

You can also sometimes end in bf3 depending on character and situation.

Off of ground strings/normals:

23~buff
24~buff
B2~buff
F3~buff
D2~buff

you can also safely activate buffs of of landed jump kicks and punches

Edit: These are, by far the most useful and practical. Additionally, corpse walk (ex health buff) can be activated safely in many more situations. It only has 26 recovery frames

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Also, the timing of ending in d2 and 32 can be a little tricky. You can always insert a run cancel to make ending in d2 a breeze. Personally, I just stick with ending in 111 or b2. Super easy, super consistent, super safe.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Really easy bnbs, probably not 100% optimal but not far from it

Excuse my nooby Jason question, but... why would you end in choke? Isn't it almost always better to end in something that lets you activate a buff safely, unless it's to finish off the round?

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Max damage. Also you might have buff active.
Alright, thanks.

Uh, another thing... I saw your thread about B122, B122, D2, DD(3 or 4). Is that basically the best ender? Or depending on the match up you would still use 32 (or is there any other enders I should take note of)?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Alright, thanks.

Uh, another thing... I saw your thread about B122, B122, D2, DD(3 or 4). Is that basically the best ender? Or depending on the match up you would still use 32 (or is there any other enders I should take note of)?
B122, B122, 111~buff
B122, B122, b2~buff
B122, b122, 32~buff
B122, b122, d2~buff

You can also end in bf3 and safely activate buffs against many characters and in many situations.

Edit: Personally, I use 111 the most.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
B122, B122, 111~buff
B122, B122, b2~buff
B122, b122, 32~buff
B122, b122, d2~buff

You can also end in bf3 and safely activate buffs against many characters and in many situations.

Edit: Personally, I use 111 the most.
Yeah but I was sort of after the reason for each of them. What's the benefit of each one, for example. Why do you use 111, and others use 32/D2?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Yeah but I was sort of after the reason for each of them. What's the benefit of each one, for example. Why do you use 111, and others use 32/D2?
Well, generally speaking, the reason for all of them is that they have enough combined hit advantage and cancel advantage to make activating either buff safe. So, if you only care about activating buffs safely, any of them will do. But,, obviously, each one has particular pros and cons:

ending in d2 - Ending in d2 is the most damaging of the 4 basic enders listed. However, there are two trade-offs: It leaves your opponent almost full-screen. and the timing of landing the d2 is inconsistent (Although, it is very easy if you add a run cancel)

ending in b2 - Ending in B2 provides the largest possible combination of hit and cancel advantage out of the 4 enders. So, this options gives you the most frames to play with. However, the trade-off is that it is the least damaging of the 4 options.

ending in 111 - IMO, this is best overall option, since it provides a good balance of great hit advantage and slightly better damage than b2, while also leaving your opponent closer to you than the full-screen options.

ending in 32 - Similar in overall usefulness to 111, but slightly less damaging and not as consistent timing wise. I recommend using 111, instead.

ending in bf3 - There are many characters who can't really do anything about this, so it's a good, fairly damaging option for safely activating buffs in many situations. However, there are also plenty of characters who can punish it and furthermore, if done midscreen, it will leave your opponent almost an entire screen away.

Again, for safely activating buffs, I recommend ending in 111 most of the time. For damage or keeping your opponent in the corner, end in choke.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
ending in d2 - Ending in d2 is the most damaging of the 4 basic enders listed. However, there are two trade-offs: It leaves your opponent almost full-screen. and the timing of landing the d2 is inconsistent (Although, it is very easy if you add a run cancel)
I find the D2 pretty easy and consistent to land to be honest, and I don't use any run cancels.
ending in 111 - IMO, this is best overall option
Is this the general consensus?
ending in 32 - Similar in overall usefulness to 111, but slightly less damaging and not as consistent timing wise. I recommend using 111, instead.
Why did most people use 32 before @MsMiharo pointed at the D2 ender though?
---
Thanks for the info. I get everything you're saying, and I already understood
Well, generally speaking, the reason for all of them is that they have enough combined hit advantage and cancel advantage to make activating either buff safe
this, but I basically wanted to know the pros/cons of each. Thanks for covering that. I guess I just don't understand why people were using 32/D2 but you say 111.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I

Why did most people use 32 before @MsMiharo pointed at the D2 ender though?
From my experience, most people tend to end in either 111 or b2 (This comes from somone who has played Unstoppable since he dropped last May) I very rarely see people end in 32, to be honest.

Obviously, I can't definitely speak to a general consensus, but if I had to guess, I'd surmise that most people end in either 111 or b2.

Edit: It's worth emphasizing that all of them are practical. I choose different enders for different situations, based on my personal play-style. The reasoning I outlined above corresponds to how I go about approaching the game. I'm sure others will have slightly different interpretations.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
From my experience, most people tend to end in either 111 or b2 (This comes from somone who has played Unstoppable since he dropped last May) I very rarely see people end in 32, to be honest.

Obviously, I can't definitely speak to a general consensus, but if I had to guess, I'd surmise that most people end in either 111 or b2.
Hm, alright.

And.... depending on the match up, you can end in D2 to get the heal off and keep your distance, maybe?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I personally end combos more in d2 when I play Slasher. But, in either variation, d2 is an awesome ender that has obvious practical advantages and looks cool :)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
32 and d2 are 100% safe vs all the cast. Also has enough advantage to buff and not have someone tech roll and pressure you afterwards. That's about it.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
111 and b2 are also 100% safe.

Edit: In fact, b2 gives you more combined hit and cancel advantage than any of the other options.

Last edited: