What's new

The Injustice League Podcast Episode 5: Featuring MIT and DJT

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

This week @DarthArma @EMPEROR_THEO @Kitana Prime @AK Pig Of The Hut and myself are joined by 2nd place SCR finisher DJT and his brother Malik who somehow made it through pools with B12 Trident Rush.

00:00 SCR Recap
34:17 Hotfix discussion
38:50 Trinity War
53:16 Our favorites for the singles tournament
59:50 DJT gives Orochi the stamp of approval
1:14:00 Team Atlanta Dilemma
1:22:42 DJT's Green Lantern Matchup chart
1:41:00 Is Green Lantern still getting away with gimmicks?
1:47:10 Is Lobo overrated?
1:59:00 Crimson's Black Market Report
2:02:00 Zod has reverse pushblock slow balls
2:08:00 Joker's viability with mid gun with unblockable teeth
2:15:35 Theo claims Joker could be Top 10 in his current state
2:16:35 Can we get 1,000 registrants for EVO this year?
2:22:22 Malik says Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a bill
2:25:25 Theo believes F2 Low Canister is a legitimate mixup

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
@Emperor DMS -- You weren't rejected by K-Brad; you just refuse to acknowledge your shady criminal association in public :p

P.S. given this community's money match rates/stakes, it's possible that DMS makes more money from each MM than the actual players playing in it. Food for thought.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I feel like this episode was very loose and random lol

Could be wrong, it was weird listening on mobile Skype cause it would always cut djt and theo off as if their mic wasn't working

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I feel like this episode was very loose and random lol

Could be wrong, it was weird listening on mobile Skype cause it would always cut djt and theo off as if their mic wasn't working

This is the first episode where I didn't have a planned agenda. Hopped on skype and threw on the headset as soon as I got home.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
If you ask me i think Cinnamon toast crunch has a bad matchup with Kellogs CornFlakes. Those mixups are no joke plus 50/50 chance of getting a toy.

:DOGE

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If Gun was mid Aquaman FTD would be punished? WTF. This is a matter of travelling frames, not height.

Just please give me a a good dash.

An unblockable teeth buff would be just broken, we can force ppl to block them.

If Theo and PL wanna pick up Joker and show he's top 10, feel free. You think you just found a mixup in 5 minutes when we've been struggling for almost a year? with 29f low and a 7% overhead you can d1 in between as an option select. Man, get the fuck outa here.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
If Gun was mid Aquaman FTD would be punished? WTF. This is a matter of travelling frames, not height.

If Theo and PL wanna pick up Joker and show he's top 10, feel free. You think you just found a mixup in 5 minutes when we've been struggling for almost a year? with 29f low and a 7% overhead you can d1 in between as an option select. Man, get the fuck outa here.
Thank you. Even I knew you could interrupt that and my Joker is a total of 3 hours old.

well qwark you just don't know if gun was a mid you could definitely punish FTD, makes perfect sense...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Re: DMS being called out over Denzell, the conversation went like this:

Crimson: "Oh man, we forgot possibly the biggest bracket buster of all"
DMS: "What?"
Pig: "Who"
Crimson: "Denzell Terry"
(Note that before this point, no one even mentioned Denzell in passing as a threat to win or eliminate the community favorites)

Pig: "I don't know.."
DMS: "Ohh.. Well we haven't seen him since the patch"
Crimson: "We haven't, but look; if MK is any predictor, if anyone has the greatest chance of going away for a while and then coming back and doing serious damage to top players, Denzell is likely at the top of that list"
[... Some MIT talk ...]
Pig: "Guys, is Green Lantern ever making Top 8 again? Real talk"
DMS: "Yes. I'm not making that mistake again"
Crimson: "If anybody could do it, Denzell could do it.."
[... Orochi talk ...]

So from here forward: if you re-Rebelo a player who is considered to be a non-factor because he's been out of action, I am calling that a "Denzell". You just don't know :D

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
@AK Pig Of The Hut
Was that push block setup the same one I showed you a while back?

I have tested the pushblock iazb with and with out trait and I still get 1% :(

I think the key difference is if he was holding block or not when he got hit by it...maybe

Edit: oooooo the 'reverse' push block lol! That seems like it could be really random with all the spacing variables

Thanks @Emperor DMS

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
@AK Pig Of The Hut
Was that push block setup the same one I showed you a while back?

I have tested the pushblock iazb with and with out trait and I still get 1% :(

I think the key difference is if he was holding block or not when he got hit by it...maybe
Pig later said the opponent has to pushblock Zod off of them. Slowball>Dash in>Random blockstring>Opponent pushblock>gets hit by Zod ball into a full combo.

Re: DMS being called out over Denzell, the conversation went like this:

Crimson: "Oh man, we forgot possibly the biggest bracket buster of all"
DMS: "What?"
Pig: "Who"
Crimson: "Denzell Terry"
(Note that before this point, no one even mentioned Denzell in passing as a threat to win or eliminate the community favorites)

Pig: "I don't know.."
DMS: "Ohh.. Well we haven't seen him since the patch"
Crimson: "We haven't, but look; if MK is any predictor, if anyone has the greatest chance of going away for a while and then coming back and doing serious damage to top players, Denzell is likely at the top of that list"
[... Some MIT talk ...]
Pig: "Guys, is Green Lantern ever making Top 8 again? Real talk"
DMS: "Yes. I'm not making that mistake again"
Crimson: "If anybody could do it, Denzell could do it.."
[... Orochi talk ...]

So from here forward: if you re-Rebelo a player who is considered to be a non-factor because he's been out of action, I am calling that a "Denzell". You just don't know :D
I'm sorry but I am the original of this particular term.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.

Its okay Qwark. I'm still your number 1 fan that Joker isn't bad. Just providing my two cents. :p