What's new

The "Injustice 2 Report Card" Thread

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Inspired by @D7X old THE "MKXL REPORT CARD" THREAD decided to copy his template and making one for Injustice which seems to appear coming to the end of its life cycle post the latest patch and the announcement of the Legendary Edition.

The community should rate (A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F) this games overall feel for you! Please use my report card categories below! USE THE RATINGS FOR EACH CATEGORY!

* Balancing -

* Overall Game Support -

* Listening To The Customers -

* Amount of Content -

* Overall Quality of Content -

* DLCs -

* Audio (Music) -

* DLC Money's Worth? -

* Graphics/Video

OVERALL SCORE -

OBS: (If you have anything else to add that its not in the description)

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
* Balancing:

B good, but could be alot better, but the best NRS has achieved yet

* Overall Game Support:

i mean there has been a couple updates, could have be more attention paid, there has been plenty of very questionable decisions within them. First launch with usable netcode, though that should go without saying. B because NRS can't really win, they patch out the B.S. people rage, they leave it in people rage.

* Listening To The Customers:

NRS kinda makes a point of never specifically doing whatever everyone is asking for, or at best changing something completely different than what everyone wanted changed on a character. I understand why they do it, but still, can't give any real points here. I think the only heavily requested character they delivered as well was Red Hood and they fucked it up. C- only because people asked for less kneejerk patching and they somewhat listened to that

* Amount of Content:

A cant really fault them here, between storymode, gear, and a very solid size roster, they definitely deliver on amount of content. Doesn't get perfect marks because no worthwhile tutorial at all.

* Overall Quality of Content:

CAN fault them here though. Competitive mode was a bland shell of a fighter with most all the interesting abilities locked in gear modes. Characters were bland with very few exceptions, gear was a complete RNG fest that wasn't at all weighted to your own character in any meaningful way, inventory is STILL a fuckin hassle, story bugged out for me multiple times and remains so, also the plot is extremely unconvincing in multiple ways. D

* DLCs:

D- 2 copy pastes from the last game with LESS shit to make them interesting, 2 spots pimped out to promote upcoming WB material, 4 other bland characters, and then Red Hood, who they fucked up the voice acting for. Saved from being an F because gear lets you do shit like dress Sub Zero like Noob Saibot, which is kinda cool I guess

* Audio (Music):

i muted music after the first week. Didn't hear anything that would make me care to listen again, so probably D. A lot of games are kinda lax here though.

* DLC Money's Worth?:

straight fuckin F. Never buying an NRS season pass again.

* Graphics/Video:

honestly graphics quality feels like a slight downgrade from MKX, and then the animations are still ass, the faces range from satisfactory to flat out terrible, i'll give them a C- because SOME of the stages are really well done and SOME of the cutscenes are quite awesome, although its very inconsistent

OVERALL SCORE -

D this is overall the least engaging fighting game I've ever played, and I was really excited for it.

Get at me fanboys, just my honest opinion. Fun thread @Eddy Wang

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Probably gonna be the only one to write so much shit down like this, but eh. Have at it:

* Balancing -
A-
So far NRS' most balanced game yet, I'd say. I don't have any complaints even if it is far from perfect.

* Overall Game Support - A-
9 DLC characters, new gear, new shaders, and a whole bunch of other stuff. The only thing that's really stopping this from being an A+ is the amount of time which the game's being supported for (which admittedly is longer than previous games but still around the same)

* Listening To The Customers - A
Twitter fanboys who wanted Beast Boy and whoever the fuck else would tell you otherwise, but the way NRS handled patching, in general, and the many QoL changes they did to the game, even though they technically didn't "have" to do some of them (like online ranked being made FT3/comp player matches introduced), really show that they care about the fan feedback.

* Amount of Content - A
Pretty good. Whether it be unlocking some new gear/shaders for someone or trying to get better online, it always feels like I still have something left to do.

* Overall Quality of Content - B+ (Single player) A- (Online/multiplayer)
Gear being RNG'd isn't ideal and the random towers/challenges DO get kind of tiring after a while, I must admit. Story's not bad. Online play feels pretty good, what with NRS' netcode.

* DLCs - Indifferent/neutral
None of the characters I wanted made it in so that blows, but the characters that did make it in ended up being pretty neat for the most part so that's alright.

* Audio (Music) - B+
Audio design's actually really good, explosions, effects, slashes, magic etc. all sound great but the standard hit sound effects could've been better. Soundtrack is serviceable and noticeably better than IGAU's.

* DLC Money's Worth? - A-
Injustice 2 honestly has the most worthwhile DLC characters out of any NRS game. Mostly due to the fact that they have everything the regular characters do and more. Remember in MK9 where the DLCs didn't even have speaking lines, just grunts and noises?

* Graphics/Video - A
Injustice 2 seriously has the highest quality graphics out of any FG right now and that makes me super fucking hyped to see what MK11 will look like. As far as art style/art direction go it's very arguable but it can't be denied that NRS has put in a lot of effort in their tech.

OVERALL SCORE - A-
I like it.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
* Balancing:

B good, but could be alot better, but the best NRS has achieved yet

* Overall Game Support:

i mean there has been a couple updates, could have be more attention paid, there has been plenty of very questionable decisions within them. First launch with usable netcode, though that should go without saying. B because NRS can't really win, they patch out the B.S. people rage, they leave it in people rage.

* Listening To The Customers:

NRS kinda makes a point of never specifically doing whatever everyone is asking for, or at best changing something completely different than what everyone wanted changed on a character. I understand why they do it, but still, can't give any real points here. I think the only heavily requested character they delivered as well was Red Hood and they fucked it up. C- only because people asked for less kneejerk patching and they somewhat listened to that

* Amount of Content:

A cant really fault them here, between storymode, gear, and a very solid size roster, they definitely deliver on amount of content. Doesn't get perfect marks because no worthwhile tutorial at all.

* Overall Quality of Content:

CAN fault them here though. Competitive mode was a bland shell of a fighter with most all the interesting abilities locked in gear modes. Characters were bland with very few exceptions, gear was a complete RNG fest that wasn't at all weighted to your own character in any meaningful way, inventory is STILL a fuckin hassle, story bugged out for me multiple times and remains so, also the plot is extremely unconvincing in multiple ways. D

* DLCs:

D- 2 copy pastes from the last game with LESS shit to make them interesting, 2 spots pimped out to promote upcoming WB material, 4 other bland characters, and then Red Hood, who they fucked up the voice acting for. Saved from being an F because gear lets you do shit like dress Sub Zero like Noob Saibot, which is kinda cool I guess

* Audio (Music):

i muted music after the first week. Didn't hear anything that would make me care to listen again, so probably D. A lot of games are kinda lax here though.

* DLC Money's Worth?:

straight fuckin F. Never buying an NRS season pass again.

* Graphics/Video:

honestly graphics quality feels like a slight downgrade from MKX, and then the animations are still ass, the faces range from satisfactory to flat out terrible, i'll give them a C- because SOME of the stages are really well done and SOME of the cutscenes are quite awesome, although its very inconsistent

OVERALL SCORE -

D this is overall the least engaging fighting game I've ever played, and I was really excited for it.

Get at me fanboys, just my honest opinion. Fun thread @Eddy Wang
Go back to playing Anime trash games you fucking weebo

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Balancing: B
They did a pretty decent job overall by the end though some characters ended up screwed over like Cold

Support: B+
Game got a few good patches and consistent new characters throughout the year

Listening to customers: C+
So..... Whatever happened to that Green Arrow hood? Some characters got questionable things that nobody asked for in the patches and Supergirl was dumb for way too long.

Amount of content: A
Ya no complaints here story is a fun time and I'm sure those other modes had a big audience

Quality of content: C
Gear moves are a mechanic I hope never return, many characters are left feeling empty and limited and a lot of flashier moves with more interesting mechanics are left for no one to use in gear, it's just a disappointment. Grinding for gear is unfun, the gameplay is not bad but for me suffers again because of how shallow the characters feel.

DLC: B-
Turtles and Hellboy were great picks for guest characters and the DC side were solid picks as well but boy are Sub and Raiden disappointing especially when they are just MKX copies for the most part Sub in particular would've been so much more interesting with his gear moves I have no idea what raidens gear moves were but I'm sure they were more interesting than base Raiden.

Music: D
Mostly a bunch of nothing Main theme is ok for the big cinematic epic they're going for, but ya I'm listening to this sick Dragonball FighterZ music and that leaves this in the dust.

DLC money worth: B-
I don't get is category shouldn't it be the same as DLC? I'll give it the same grade for the same reasons

Graphics: A
Finally NRS figured out girl faces and they look great the facial animations in the game are top notch. Its definitely a looker

Overall: C+
I was torn between B- and C+ but gear moves shift it towards the latter for me I still haven't played with the turtles or the last patch of this game because I just don't care anymore and that makes me sad. Please don't have gear moves for MK11 NRS

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
*Balancing- B.
I think it is easily the most balanced NRS game yet, still not 100% perfect but that is to be expected, I think it's fine.
*Support- A.
Fair amount of patches, not too much not too little. Adding more colors and skins was nice, also having DLC characters for nine straight months, keeping the game alive even to casual players.
*Listening to Customers- B.
Yeah I think they did a good job with it. Obviously we are missing a few of the highest requested characters, but we also got probably the absolute most requested (Red Hood, Starfire, Swamp Thing, Manta, so on).
*Amount of Content- A
NRS always kills it with the content. Arcade ladders, story mode, multiple online options, the multiverse, grinding for gear.
*Quality of Content- B
I love the gear mechanic. Customizing characters is a pretty great idea. Also enjoy the colors, though I wish a custom color option was avalible. Premier skins is a amazing idea to bring characters not part of the core roster into the game, though I wish there was at least one or two more. Gear moves is a good idea, but done poorly. Nearly nobody plays with them on, and it takes forever to get the ones you want. I would be down to see them in MK11 but all unlocked, and you pick them at the character select screen. Build a variation if you will.
*DLC- A+
Cannot express how happy I am with the DLC this game got. Easily my favorite out of the NRS games. All the DC characters were worthy options and I could easily see them fitting in the core roster. In terms of guests, wow, I hope MK11 has as great guests as this game does. Sub Zero was to be expected, but I like him in this game. His gear is great, and he looks great. Raiden as well, I could have done without two MK characters but everything Raiden does in this game looks so cool and flashy. Hellboy was totally not on my radar but they did him right, he felt like he walked off the comic pages and onto the screen. I was extremely happy to see him in. And the TMNT, wow. Just wow. Talk about an incredible DLC character. Not expected, fit the game, fun to play. Easily my favorite slot on the roster.
*Music- D
Tempted to give this one an F. NRS music, to put it lightly, is bad. Real bad. Compared to Capcom games and KI, it just sounds sad. It doesn't get you hype for the fight at all and I basically forget it is there and put on headphones instead. Really hope MK11 puts in unique themes for every character, and at that makes them sound super energetic. The audio itself with the hits and grunts and character voices, are fantastic. Maybe im being too harsh, but I want good music.
*DLC Moneys Worth- B
Yeah I would say so. Turtles are pricey but that makes sense, it is basically four characters in one and NRS knows they are going to sell a ton. Still, Triborg was four characters in one as well, and was cheaper. For that it gets a B.
*Graphics- A
Good female faces in a NRS game, I still have a hard time thinking this is reality. The story mode looks just incredible, I love the direction NRS took with this game. Hellboy gets some hate for his look but I love it, it looks like classic Hellboy.
Overall- B
It's a good game. It's fun to play and has tons of content to see you invested. I still play it a lot, especially since I found another character to pick up alongside Harley. It could be better but that could be said about every game. I'm looking to pick up SFV:AE soon and learn that game, so INJ2 may take a backseat but I'll still play some ranked and go to locals here and there. Super excited to see MK11 show up, hoping that will be an A.

Espio

Kokomo
Listening to customers: C+
So..... Whatever happened to that Green Arrow hood? Some characters got questionable things that nobody asked for in the patches and Supergirl was dumb for way too long.
It's coming with the Legendary Edition update March 27th.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I admit I've only now noticed that, but where is the "overall gameplay/mechanics/depth" category? All of the categories are as equally as impotent of course. It's not just the balancing when it comes to gameplay, you know.

Roy Arkon

@Eddy Wang Yeah I now see it, sorry my bad. Don't need to be mad about it though :)

Now I personally don't like give scores to stuff, so I will go over the categories and give my overall thoughts on each of them:

OBS - Overall Gameplay/Mechanics: Awesome all around, a style of gameplay that is easy to learn yet hard to master, every style of gameplay can be viable depending on the character, and the new mechanics like Roll Escape and Air Escape add even more to the depth and meter management for the game. Yes Zoning is still the most preferred style of play, but every style can be viable. Pretty much what you would expect from NRS games.

Balancing: NRS have already shown their progress in that department by making MKX the most balanced MK game to date, and they proved it again here in IJ2. Obviously there are some chars that are harder then others to beat, but they can still be beaten if you play the MU right. It is inevitable in all Fighting Games after all.

Listening to Consumers: Other players from other communities are complaining that their companies don't listen to them like how NRS listen to their community. Need I say more?

Amount of Content: If this was a WWE Wrestling Card, that will be the Squash Match of the night for sure. 3 Arcade Ladders (a concept that was originated from MK3 Vanilla), Story Mode that has branching paths and 2 endings, 2 Survival Ladders like in MKX, the Multiverse Mode (both regular and Legendary), a roster of 28 chars at launch and 41 chars as the final roster (not including the Premier Skins that are the same chars but still give you different voice lines), tones of Customization parts to unlock both Offline and Online, Tones of Player Card unlocks, several Online modes for both Casuals and Competitive players, and for the first time ever in NRS games a tutorial mode that is splited for both general gameplay tutorial and character specific tutorials and it's gonna get EVEN better very soon.... just so much that is so good.

Quality of Content: ANOTHER Squash Match guaranteed. The story mode is excellent as always, the amount of content and unlockables is more then satisfying, the roster is amazing both in quality and quantity, and there is always something to do for everyone.

DLC: 13 Chars (one as a pre-order and the rest through the DLC seasons) and one more premier skin (Black Lightning). All of the skins are the Gear pieces that you can unlock in the game anyway, and the chars are amazing, in fact all of my mains right now in IJ2 are DLC chars (Sub-Zero, Starfire and Leonardo from TMNT). Excellent DLC overall.

Audio and Music: The voice acting gives so much charm and personality to the game on a top class level, and the sound design for the attacks are exactly what they should be, again on a top class level, just listen to Leonardo's Katanas, that is perfection right there. The music is an improvement from IJ1 for sure, and while the overall soundtrack is not as intense and fight-driving as in MK9 or MKX it is still very good for what it is. I understand however that they are going with that direction of music as it fits the overall feel of the DC universe, and it does that job very well, and there are some awesome tracks in this game like in the Joker's Playground, the Collection Chamber in Brainiac's Ship, and the Rock of Eternity.

DLC's Money's Worth: The DLC practices are awesome as the allow to pick and choose how you wanna get your DLC with reasonable prices, and there is no false hope bullshit like giving the option to buy the DLC with in-game currency only to find out that you have to go for so much grinding that you don't wanna go through, #Cough SFV#, and like I said earlier, the DLC itself is excellent.

Graphics and Video: The intros and cut-scenes are top notch,, the stages are awesome to look at and the characters and their animations look awesome overall.

Overall thoughts:
An amazing game that can only be rivaled by other NRS/WB games like MKX. No company gives that much in their games, every player has something to find in it, and it's gonna get only better, as well the future games from NRS/WB.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

the dickriding isn't limited to one thread i see

you didn't even grade their report card dipshit
Watch your mouth pal, we don't need another stupid argument just because you can't accept that someone doesn't think in the same way as you. I didn't mock you for your thoughts on the game and you can't do that to me either. And as I said, I don't like giving scores, whatever it's a game, a movie etc. Can't stand either of those stuff? Tough shit dude, learn to deal with it.

Alright, moving on.

* Balancing - B

* Overall Game Support - A

* Amount of Content - A+

* Overall Quality of Content - B

* DLCs - A

* Audio (Music) - C

* DLC Money's Worth? - B

* Graphics/Video - A

it is a strong nrs game but somehow it became boring pretty fast though.
i cant explain why exactly, after just 2 months i was done with this game.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
* Balancing - C+
I think we can all agree that the Balance in NRS games is relative to eachother. As far as games go Injustice 2 is a little average. MK9 was super imbalanced and Injustice 1 was insane as well. MKX had balance but it also had about 10-15 useless variations and 20 that lacked luster. While 10-20 centralized the game out of the 100+ that existed.

* Overall Game Support - A
With all the DLC we've recieved with 13 characters since TMNT is 4 Separate playstyles so technically more than the initially advertised 9. All the Gear, a great story, Lots of multiverses, able to unlock gear Etc. Etc. Which we have gotten content somewhat steadily up to this point.

You can't go out patching games every week or every other week for a PC/XBONE/PS4 release. So the fact that we saw ranked shift from best of 1 to 3 out of 5, the fact that Deathstroke got touched up. Joker & Bane eventually got some buff ups, while a lot of the top tiers have fallen from grace shows they've lended an ear to the tournament audience. While they literally tickled pink every casual under the sun with this release.

* Amount of Content - A *See Game Support*

* Overall Quality of Content - C
Honestly this game to me feels like it misses "Quality over Quantity". There's a lot there but nothing that really leaps off the page as "High Tier levels of QUALITY work". From some in game animations, to the music, to the Gear a lot of characters get. Honestly for most characters their Gear (Even the Legendaries) are pretty whatever at best. However even with trash gear, once you get the Shader you want anything looks decent/good. While some shaders look like you're dressing yourself in McDonalds Ketchup & Ebola mix. While some characters have underwhelming movesets.

* DLCs - C
As a fan of Hellboy, TMNT, Darkseid, Red Hood, Starfire, Sub Zero, & Raiden I can say that most of the choices were dope. Unfortunately *See Quality* here. I honestly don't think NRS did anything too imaginative or gripping with a lot of those, therefore I have not urge to even play characters I like. That's a problem. Outside of Hellboy, Raph, Mikey, Don' I'm not too fond of the rests playstyles. So choices of WHO get a B but the Implementation of said characters gets a D so we'll meet in the middle on the grade.

* Audio (Music) - F
Outside of Joker's Playground, I really wish NRS would go back to making actual SONGS instead of ambient music. Which are songs I know but nothing rhythmic enough to where I'd go back to it and listen to it. In my opinion we H]haven't had that consistency in the music since MK9. Here 90+% of the OST falls flat. Works for cutscenes though. That being said is it JUST ME OR DO THE IMPACT OF THE HITS IN THIS GAME SOUND SO WEAK COMPARED TO GODS AMONG US!?!? And for me Sound is a huge aspect of gaming so this hurt a lot.

* DLC Money's Worth? - A
Being honest here in most games I don't like DLC, but for the ultimate edition which tacked on 40 bucks. We got a few Skins, 13 characters (Less than $3 a pop) a steal when most games charge roughly $4.99 to $6.99 a characters. So as far as casuals and the average person would go this was great. As far as what I got out of it. I'd say its more around "B-" Territory.

* Graphics/Video - B
Besides the wonky animations with a few characters and a couple of derp faces in the Campaign the graphics and cinematics soared to new heights. Raising the bar for fighting games and what comes with a story mode. Only games really competing at this point are TEKKEN 7 & Dragonball FighterZ. Pretty good company to have.

OVERALL SCORE - B-
Scary thing is here is there's a lot of good here and at the same time there's a lot of questionable decisions. However none of the bad is enough to kill the game but there was enough to make some people's enjoyment of the game be extremely limited. Injustice 2 was a step in the right direction in a lot of ways but if MK11 is going to go through some of the same issues, I hope at the very least we can Clean up that Audio, return Color to the game (I like my dark and gritty but let's not lose the MK charm please), and can we get 90% of the DLC roster to be ACTUAL MK Characters? Hell even if its SFV like and its NEW Characters in the MK Lore as DLC that aren't in the story but planned to be in MK12. Build hype for the next game and generation of characters early.

* Audio (Music) - F
Outside of Joker's Playground, I really wish NRS would go back to making actual SONGS instead of ambient music. Which are songs I know but nothing rhythmic enough to where I'd go back to it and listen to it. In my opinion we H]haven't had that consistency in the music since MK9. Here 90+% of the OST falls flat. Works for cutscenes though. That being said is it JUST ME OR DO THE IMPACT OF THE HITS IN THIS GAME SOUND SO WEAK COMPARED TO GODS AMONG US!?!? And for me Sound is a huge aspect of gaming so this hurt a lot.
this!
imo the stage music on both mkx and inj2 are pretty weak. :/