What's new

Discussion The "MKXL Report Card" Thread

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
So Mortal Kombat is coming to an end soon! I believe this was the final patch. I want the community to rate (A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F) this games overall feel for you! Please use my report card categories below! USE THE RATINGS FOR EACH CATEGORY!

* Balancing -

* Overall Game Support -

* Listening To The Customers -

* Amount of Content -

* Overall Quality of Content -

* DLCs -

* Audio (Music) -

* DLC Money's Worth? -

* Graphics/Video

OVERALL SCORE -

IF THERE WAS A BIG REPORT CARD CATEGORY YOU HAVE IN MIND, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TELL ME

B-
C+
C-
A
A
A-
D+
B+
A+

Overall = A-

All I would want is better stages, music and 1 more Kombat Pack and or semi-major patch (mostly to fix hitbox issues, useless moves, bugs, etc.).

* Balancing - B

* Overall Game Support - A

* Listening To The Customers - A

* Amount of Content - A

* Overall Quality of Content - A

* DLCs - B+

* Audio (Music) - C

* DLC Money's Worth? - B+

* Graphics/Video - A

Overall: A-

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
* Balancing : B -
Over the course of the game, the balancing was pretty poor imo, i feel like this is what we could get on day one or the second patch, NRS did great things with this game, but there is no denying that are aspects of the game that have been there since the beginning and no one likes it one bit.

* Overall Game Support : A
The game support was awesome, and it was by far the longest in the NRS history so far, not sure if this is the final patch but MKX had a good run.

* Listening To The Customers - neutral
They did listened a lot, but it felt like they didn't care either, so i'm not sure if it was a bad thing or a good thing, so my vote on this one is neutral.

* Amount of Content : C
DLCs with not alternates, among other things like new characters having way less costumes and such, a bunch of number scorpion skins no one asked for, story mode was poor and VS was all there was to go once the game was beaten.

* Overall Quality of Content :B
Nice stuff, aside from ugly stuff, less colors, uninteresting designs on some characters, hitboxes everywhere gameplay wise, nasty shit on ubber blockstuns and so on, really took some of the the quality of the game in general.

* DLCs : C
Fuck Guests, too much for my liking, still feel like the guest killed the spot of characters ppl really wanted in the game like Fujin and so on, so no, KP3 should've happened with no guests.

* Audio (Music) : B
The audio volume is pretty bad, NRS needs to do something about their audio protocol, its bad, IMO killed some pieces i believe it would be more memorable if the volume could be heard.

* DLC Money's Worth?: D
No

* Graphics/Video: A
It was fine

OVERALL SCORE B -

The game is fine, there is no perfect game, while i enjoy NRS and i'm an huge MK die hard fan, can't help to feel that this MK isn't as good as i wanted it to be, lots of things pulled me out of the loop, from gameplay decisions, to DLC and content didn't really pleased me as a fan of the franchise as much, specially the Story while the composition was awesome the context of the story and some inconsistencies was ass at some aspects that could definitely need improvements.

There is two category that weren't included that i wanted to talk about which also didn't pleased me at all

first off being this whole family generation stuff occupying part of the roster, it was nice to have Sonya and Cage having a daughter, but then Kenshi having a son, kung Jin and Jackie coming in as the MK family business was utter too much, we ended up having too many special forces characters in the game and lots of technology characters in the mix.
Besides kinda sucks not having a tournament in this one.

Second being the dark feel of MK, i honestly couldn't feel it in any part of the game, it felt like since Shao Kahn died, all the gritty mysteries surrounding outworld died with him, no creepy stages that gives the chills, at the very least D'vorah's realm should've been shown, since she was forced into the lore trying to tell us that she exist even before MK1, one thing i enjoyed through every Mortal Kombat till MK9, there is always that one location with such a strong story or connection that could give you the chills, either a new location or some gritty stage with some gritty music in it, while kove is probably the best stage in MKX, it would be far more interesting if we could see and fight inside that giant skull island and see what's in there.

I guess we kinda need our purple skies, or living trees and weird atmospheres back in the game so we can actually feel we're out of earthrealm.

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
Balancing - B+

Overall Game Support - A

Listening To The Customers - D-

Amount Of Content - C

Overall Quality Of Content - A

DLCs - A

Audio (Music) - A+

DLCs Money's Worth? - C-

Graphics/Video: A+

OVERALL SCORE - A+

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
* Balancing - A solid C-
A lot of ups and downs, still better than previous games though imo. Would be higher but the game launched in SUCH a mess i don't know how it got through testing. So much obvious stuff which should have never been in the game but it is what it is.

* Overall Game Support - A+

* Listening To The Customers - C+ I guess
Not sure what to think of this one, sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't, sometimes they listen but troll us anyway.

* Amount of Content - A

* Overall Quality of Content - A+
The quality of the base game, regarding balance, was amazing imo.

* DLCs - A-
Would be A+ but I dislike the fact some costumes didn't come with the kombat packs which i feel is a dick move. It also pisses me off how many guest characters there were, HALF of the DLC were guests, but that's just me.

* Audio (Music) - A-
The music isn't memorable at all for me but the sound design of the rest of the game is flawless. Quan's sound design stands out in particular to me, from Sorcerer spawning his portals to Summoner summoning his bats to DING-DING, the sound is spot on.

* DLC Money's Worth? - C

* Graphics/Video - A
I love the artstyle of MKX tbh, I prefer the more realistic, gritty look they went for over the SF cartoony art style.

OVERALL SCORE - B+
From the gamer standpoint, I think MKX is absolutely amazing. Can't really think of a fault except for the music and guest DLC. However, the meta being so offensive through the whole of the game's life got stale quite quickly and the only saving grace was numerous patches. I've learned to love the game for what it is though and can't wait to be looping HTB's on scrubs in MK11!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So Mortal Kombat is coming to an end soon! I believe this was the final patch. I want the community to rate (A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, D-, F) this games overall feel for you! Please use my report card categories below! USE THE RATINGS FOR EACH CATEGORY!

* Balancing -

* Overall Game Support -

* Listening To The Customers -

* Amount of Content -

* Overall Quality of Content -

* DLCs -

* Audio (Music) -

* DLC Money's Worth? -

* Graphics/Video

OVERALL SCORE -

IF THERE WAS A BIG REPORT CARD CATEGORY YOU HAVE IN MIND, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TELL ME
C
A+
B
A
B+
A
D
D if you bought it individually, A for MKXL
A+
B+

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
* Balancing - C-
The fact that they ended up rebuilding their own game after more than one year and a half is a proof of the kind of headless chicken type of balance we got. And there is still plenty of mess in the game. The state of certain characters throughout the whole game life almost deserves an F.

* Overall Game Support - A
We got many patches. Bad ones, but hey, it's something xD Ggpo was a great addition, although they made it probably just as a test for injustice 2.

* Listening To The Customers - B-
They listen, but in most cases they understand incorrectly what they listen to, or simply ignore it.

* Amount of Content - A+
No problems here. Faction wars ended up being totally irrelevant though, and they sold them as something revolutionary.

* Overall Quality of Content - A+
Pretty good.

* DLCs - B
I personally would have liked more new stages, we only got the Pit. Also, many characters were left with few or no alternate skins, whereas others got 8 different ones...

* Audio (Music) - C-
Definitely the worst part of the game... Dan Forden needs to wake up.

* DLC Money's Worth? - B
Some guest characters addition felt forced, but business is business. We will miss fujin, noob, skarlet, etc, but see you in mk 11. The characters we got, balancing problems aside, ended up being interesting.

* Graphics/Video - A
This part is never of great importance for me, but the graphics in mkx are pretty decent. Darker than I expected, but maybe that was intended.

Overall: B+

Fun experience, but balance in this game almost made me look at mk9 cyrax resets as something bearable. Variation system was a nice try, but they definitely showed they can't handle that diversity.

Last edited:

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
D+ overall
Not all variations can make it top 8
Villains looking like a bunch of bitches in story.
Dislike every music in every stage and menu
You can't main a character with the same variation in Mortal Kombat X because NRS might fuck your character up.

Last edited:

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
* Balancing - D. The balance of the game was extremely super bad, now it's very bad.

* Overall Game Support - A. Many patches, pot bonus, GGPO...

* Listening To The Customers - C. They listen, but they understand incorrectly some things that they listen to.

* Amount of Content - A. The game has a lot of content.

* Overall Quality of Content - B. Most things has very good quality, but the balance.

* DLCs - C. Guest characters... kinda boring (their visual are great though).

* Audio (Music) - C. Most soundtracks are boring.

* DLC Money's Worth? - C.

* Graphics/Video - A. Great visual (too dark though).

OVERALL SCORE - C

Last edited:

Noob
* Balancing : B -
* Audio (Music) : B
The audio volume is pretty bad, NRS needs to do something about their audio protocol, its bad, IMO killed some pieces i believe it would be more memorable if the volume could be heard.
What device are you using to listen to the audio?

ToX

Noob
Overal C
Characters seemed more balanced than Mk9

But it's so rush down oriented, zoning isn't what it used to be as well as counter fighting.

Online is a mess, I can never get into KOTH servers and a lot of times the match making is fucked up and it will take longer htan it should to find someone.

Graphics and music are outstanding though and the plethora of characters / variations is nice.

MK9 is still better to me