What's new

The hotfix just came out...

Repulsar

Noob
I beg to differ but your a mod so I know that I should listen to you. My reasoning is if I put myself in Repulsar's shoes and I call someone out. Quote someones post dont fully read it and miss critical points in the quote and mention how their wrong. If that was me doing that I sure as hell expect someone to call me a dumb ass for it. Which has happened to me before and Ive called myself dumb when I catch my error before anyone else, but I guess thats just me.
WTF with your attitude dude? I didnt quote you in order to offend you, and if I did it was not intentional. Keep it cool...

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
It was always 30%.
Ok, I won't bother to find some videos or any other proofs (moreover it's kinda hard to prove what version are those), but I played with Scorpion that day prior to the hot fix, and his :x was certainly 31% and NOT 30%.

And it's only an icing on the cake of Scorps problems, but it adds insult to the injury for sure.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
1% isn't icing, it isn't even a crumb. Seriously it just sounds like they changed the math for how some stuff scales. Shit, they may have just changed how the numbers are rounded. How's that for a troll? It's really funny to see people obsessing about 3% and under damage differences. Those aren't nerfs, it's more like someone sneezed and the data on the disc shifted a little, lol.

BTW Kano's new upball = stupider than Cage's flipkick. Welcome to Kanotown. Also Baraka's new design is really funny. Safe + low damage hi/lows all day into d,f+1 (or a lot more if you're feeling risky). He actually feels really solid now.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Every time I did Scorpion's X ray I got 30%.

Also yes, Kano is fucking stupid to play against now.

Knife, Knife, Knife, Knife, Knife, UP BALL, repeat?

Apparently I have either eye/memory problem or there are some damage displaying glitches in training mode.

But, I think we can agree that either 31% or 30% are really bad for :x
I'll butt in here and say; No, 30% is pretty average for an xray. Most of the xrays that do a noticeably higher amount of damage suffer in range, so things are in order. However, some xrays do equal or better damage and can be comboed after, i don't want to get them spoiled because they are cool but they are obviously a bigger issue. Also, is it just me that thinks that scorpion has better things to do with his meter than to xray?

GStick

Noob
I was thinking more along the lines of this.
I don't know about in Non-Kano vs Kano matches, but this DEFINITELY isn't the case in Kano vs Kano matches from what I've experienced... not sure if it's just because they both have the tools, but that's not how those matches play out.

cyke_out

Noob
Every time I did Scorpion's X ray I got 30%.

Also yes, Kano is fucking stupid to play against now.

Knife, Knife, Knife, Knife, Knife, UP BALL, repeat?
I fail to see how this has changed between pre-patch and post-patch. That's the basic gameplan no matter how safe the up-ball is

Fenro

Nordic myth
I main reptile and smoke.

i dont mind my cross up combo going from 51% to 45% with smoke

also its not that big of a deal that reptile lost a good chunk from his combo dmg.

as long as they addressed few infinites im fine. cyrax/sindel
as for now they made few "bad" characters playable kano/sheeva/barraka

they also lowered kunglaos dmg output. good but not the best choise, instead they could have changed the hitbox from spin to not track so much so cross up is actually an option against him. as of now he can still wiff 2-3 punches of a combo while you jump him and still get the spin off before your character is alligned for a crossup. also giving normal ground hat and spin a bigger punish window would have been a good choise.

also when the next big patch comes out cyraxes commandthrow bomb trap will not be super viable anymore more likely a 50/50 and you wont be abel to get it through web. (thank god for this)

cgerrr

I'll butt in here and say; No, 30% is pretty average for an xray. Most of the xrays that do a noticeably higher amount of damage suffer in range, so things are in order. However, some xrays do equal or better damage and can be comboed after, i don't want to get them spoiled because they are cool but they are obviously a bigger issue. Also, is it just me that thinks that scorpion has better things to do with his meter than to xray?
That's the point: you can't really judge a particular :x without relation to the character it's on. For example, Sub's and Scorp's :x are really weak damage wise, but with sub you don't need the meter for playing your game while Scorp without meter are ZERO (that's one of the reasons why he is mid-low tier), thus sub can use his :x much freely, while for Scorp :x will be a total waste of meter and likely mean a round loss.

Aside from that there are :x-es from 40% to +50%, so Sub's and Scorp's :x are pretty bleak in comparison. I.e. from any stand point Scorpion :x are not average - it's just plainly bad.

However as I said earlier, it's only an icing on the cake: Scorp has to many other problems to actually being competitive (especially after damage nerf, which isn't a big deal but at the same time it doesn't help his situation, more on the contrary).

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
I don't know about in Non-Kano vs Kano matches, but this DEFINITELY isn't the case in Kano vs Kano matches from what I've experienced... not sure if it's just because they both have the tools, but that's not how those matches play out.
I was exaggerating, but yes, Kano has ball which means he can punish upball easily.

Did anyone notice they nerfed Kano's b+2? Didn't that lead into a juggle before? It recovers slow now and has to be canceled into something to get any additional damage/be safe.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
On recovery? Could've sworn it was just a generic launcher ala Cage's f+4 or Mileena's u+4 at some point. Well he has the followup so it's not like it matters.

If I were to compare upball to other ridiculous moves I'd say its slightly more ridiculous than Lao's spin but now that I say that I cant really complain about the spin anymore.

On recovery? Could've sworn it was just a generic launcher ala Cage's f+4 or Mileena's u+4 at some point. Well he has the followup so it's not like it matters.
b+2 has two different follow ups f+1, and 3. After those follow ups upball has always been the best option for damage at least. Now with the patch you can just throw it out there . I've been using b+2 hell of a lot more now.

cgerrr

Not that this is a tier thread, but curious why you think Scorpion is mid-low? He's pretty good...
Scorpion is not my main, but he happens to be my second char I've learned, so I could write an essay how badly he got nerfed after beta and why he is below survival line, i.e. not competitive. But I won’t: as you said it’s not a tier thread and I don’t feel like beating a dead horse a hundredth time.

To be short, Cons:
1. Bad zoning, which leads to bad meter gain.
2. No way to go in without meter (coz his nerfed slow non-:en tele), which combined with 1st point equals to no breaker almost all the time.
3. After people learned to fuzzy block his 50/50 is no more.
4. High risk to medium/low reward.
5. Absence of reliable AA and “get-of-me” move.
6. Bad wake up options.
7. One of the worst :x in the game.
8. Other relatively small nuisances (which certainly don’t help).

Pros:
1. :en Teleport
2. Scorp is at least better than Jax and Striker (not sure about Shiva and Obama after fix).

I don't know what NRS is doing man. They could've just fixed some recovery on certain moves and some fully completed strings to actually be punishable or more punishable in nature, on guard - so you actually have to turn your brain on and stop moves short or think more of the risk involved with if something is defended when you go all the way. But instead they screwed with some stuff to make characters dumber and lowered their consequences, so there's very small amount of reasons not to use certain moves repeatedly and for every circumstance, even to the point when the opponent knows they're coming and it being close to futile anyway for some characters. And then they screwed with some damage nerfs in the oddest places.

It all makes no sense to me, but this type of thing would make anyone frown at the idea of a patch of any kind. Even if they don't agree with how a game is being played pre-patches, it's kind of like a lesser of evils. Leave something the way it is, and deal, because if it gets patched it could just ruin things even further.

Pagan

Noob
To be short, Cons:
1. Bad zoning, which leads to bad meter gain.
2. No way to go in without meter (coz his nerfed slow non- tele), which combined with 1st point equals to no breaker almost all the time.
3. After people learned to fuzzy block his 50/50 is no more.
4. High risk to medium/low reward.
5. Absence of reliable AA and “get-of-me” move.
6. Bad wake up options.
7. One of the worst in the game.
8. Other relatively small nuisances (which certainly don’t help).

Pros:
1. Teleport
2. Scorp is at least better than Jax and Striker (not sure about Shiva and Obama after fix).
I agree with all of your points except for calling his X Ray bad. You really aught to try Kabal. Scorpions X Ray is actually safe on block which is uncommon. Though it can be ducked so that might counter that advantage somewhat.

Personally, I love scorpion but I've let my skills with him decline because he feels so gimmicky. No reliable or safe offense at all. Now granted nothing is really safe in this game but Scorpion is less so than other characters. He does have 40% off a low which ain't bad.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
If they really take away Smoke's OTG bomb and keep the nerfed damage he has now i'll be angry.

First: The idea of taking away OTG bomb and stuff like that is very ungrateful to the players. I mean Boon and co want people to play the game and find cool stuff.
It is a cool find and thanks to the people who found it but NRS says: No you can't have it.

Second: If you try Kombos in this Version without OTG bomb the damage is ridiculous, i get 44% max with :x outside of korner.

Third: OTG bomb is his only way to reasonably apply more than 1 :en move in a Kombo.
Since the last hit of :en Teleport Punch whiffs in longer Kombos.

How about this: Buff the weak characters instead of nerfin the strong characters.
And take care of real bugs.
I still think Cyber Sub-Zero's ice bombs not freezing most of the time (like when used in a chain on hit, even :en Cryo Bombs) is a bug.

If they really take away Smoke's OTG bomb and keep the nerfed damage he has now i'll be angry.

First: The idea of taking away OTG bomb and stuff like that is very ungrateful to the players. I mean Boon and co want people to play the game and find cool stuff.
It is a cool find and thanks to the people who found it but NRS says: No you can't have it.
I agree his OTG is cool and its different I'm upset about this soon patch too. The damage nerf is enough and I dont even play him but speaking of which I need to pick him up while his OTG is in.