What's new

The Grindstone, Training Network. Find training partners/lvl up/git gud.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
@Undergroundepict GG's man. I was getting some stuff working a little towards the end, and any session that ends better than it started, even if that end is still.. rough, lol, is a profitable session.

GG's man. A lot of it is that you simply aren't familiar with the Bane matchup, so I am able to catch you doing things that work or are not punishable in every other matchup in the game, and exploit your lack of MU knowledge in ways that will not work once you pick up enough experience with it.

As a fighting game player, you are ultimately rewarded by how well you adapt and grow, and not so much on how you respond initially.

Also, take care of your sleep. Sleep goes a long way in terms of processing information gathered the previous day and developing muscle memory in an optimal manner. We all know of -- and have likely experienced -- the old proverb where you try and try to perform a task all day and simply can not get it, until ultimately giving up and going to bed, only to wake up the next day to find yourself executing it perfectly.

I bring this up because I also have been known to keep a wild --and I mean wild -- sleep schedule. While my schedule and the hours I keep are still far from regular, taking the time and effort to normalize it a little bit has gone a long way with regard to my ability to improve. Sometimes the effort to sleep regularly has come at the expense of time that could be spent playing games, but it is important to remember that quality of practice is superior to quantity of practice.

So, if you are ever torn between the need to sleep and playing Injustice, get some sleep; it will help you at Injustice.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
I'm cooking up some extra gimmicky ones just for you. So I can drop them 5/6 times and sigh deeply as I think.of the 500 damage I didn't do. I'm trying to figure out ways to consistently leap gimmick off his terrible low.
I've been opened up by that darned low so many times, it's not even funny anymore! The low has literally BECOME the gimmick for me! LOL.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I've had trouble finding a consistent timing on it, but I can meaty the b1 low into leap then cancel it immediately as I pass over your head, and hit j2. The end result is he sort of falls straight down and is facing the wrong direction, but hits you crossup - or not - and since I'm point blank for two bars it's j2 , 11u3 mb.b3, j3 b22 db2 - and that's 480~ on Superman. You can MB the db2 at the end for another follow up.of course, I just do b22 db2, but I don't think it's worth it unless you have damage buff on. The three bar w/ damage buff is about 600 on Supes.

Super situational, not practical in any real way, but I did manage to land the three bar with damage buff up in a match and seeing that kind of damage is just plain hilarious. I'm sure it's not optimal either, it's just something I can consistently land. You can do silly shit like j2 into b1 into mb.f3 too, or the actual leap low fist.

The weirdness seems to come in to not just when you cancel the leap, but what direction you use, cancelling as you fly over in one direction or another will turn him around, letting you get a little trickier than I originally though he could get.

EntropicByDesign

Welp, finally set the PS4 up at work. Dunno how the connection is here, but it's wired. Hit me up here for games if you wanna play.

I$AAC

Noob
I'll throw my name into the hat. I just started playing again and need training partners.

PSN: TheOnlyOne1980
Time available: weekends and weekdays after 8pm
Characters: Canary, Manta (working on him), Brainiac, Cheetah, Superman, Hellboy, working on swamp thing.

EntropicByDesign

@Chernyy Volk GG's last night btw..sorry I didn't get back on, had to do some running to the store and such and by the time I was done it was like 4am, so I went to bed lol. Super nice Manta.

I'm pretty happy with how the set went honestly. I got bodied but I took a game here and there - which is an improvement for me - and a decent number were close. A decent number were roflstomps too, but let me look on the bright side lol. I know some of what I did wrong for sure, I got tunnel vision trying to enforce a 50/50 on wakeup when I should have occasionally made the read against the backdash and checked with f23. I should have trained up more intelligently as well. Lots of stuff really, but those are some of my takeaways... I also kept mb b3ing the frame trap when I should have just regular b3'd, so I was pissing meter away.

But really, last night was a kind of.big deal for me, because it was the first set I've played where I felt like I was a better player than when I started. Like a tangible improvement. And even in situations where I lost, be it a whole game or just an interaction where I fumbled something or made a poor decision or a bad read, etc, I could decipher what went wrong.

Good set, wish it would have been longer. Look forward to playing again.