What's new

The Grindstone, Training Network. Find training partners/lvl up/git gud.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Man, the pc situation is not great. Started at rank 899 without even playing. 13 people were in rooms last night.

They are going to have to put this on sale at Christmas just to get the game in people's hands.

Going to be a tight group on pc.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yeah, but off tomorrow after 7ish am.

my PS plus goes away at some point today, im almost totally sure. Is it possible to tell exactly? Maybe when the store updates it updates the network.. my GF is at work and is loading the little card I keep for it. Hopefully if I find games it doesn't poop out lol
Im pretty sure you will be notified via email and i think it automatically renews. So technically, you will still have it unless you cancel. But i think imma stay in today and play some games :)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Man, the pc situation is not great. Started at rank 899 without even playing. 13 people were in rooms last night.

They are going to have to put this on sale at Christmas just to get the game in people's hands.

Going to be a tight group on pc.

Yeah, I feel like they should have had some kind of large discount for players who already bought the game and fighter packs or something.. like some way to verify and link you purchase to steam, and be able to pick the game up for a much lower price, etc, because I'd love to have it on PC as well but I can't really throw 80$ at it when I already have it all on PS4.

I mean, I get it, building the system to verify if you've bought the game, and designed in such a way to prevent it being heavily exploited (hey buddy of mine ill sell/give you this code I'm not gonna use!) Etc, would probably be prohibitively expensive, if even possible in any reasonable way.

Still a shame though. I'll pick it up when I see a good sale or if they announce some % or proceeds to go tourney winnings or players or something.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Yeah, I feel like they should have had some kind of large discount for players who already bought the game and fighter packs or something.. like some way to verify and link you purchase to steam, and be able to pick the game up for a much lower price, etc, because I'd love to have it on PC as well but I can't really throw 80$ at it when I already have it all on PS4.

I mean, I get it, building the system to verify if you've bought the game, and designed in such a way to prevent it being heavily exploited (hey buddy of mine ill sell/give you this code I'm not gonna use!) Etc, would probably be prohibitively expensive, if even possible in any reasonable way.

Still a shame though. I'll pick it up when I see a good sale or if they announce some % or proceeds to go tourney winnings or players or something.
I'm not sure it's super helpful that it's months after the console launch and that on release week it's already a dated version.

Zyro

Noob
I'm not sure it's super helpful that it's months after the console launch and that on release week it's already a dated version.
The netcode is great though,far better than their previous releases. Its a shame they were 6 months late with the PC release. I dont see why they favor consoles so much. PC can have better performance

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
The netcode is great though,far better than their previous releases. Its a shame they were 6 months late with the PC release. I dont see why they favor consoles so much. PC can have better performance
It can, but it's also complicated. Some guy tried to rank set me last night using low fps. That kind of b.s. doesn't happen on consoles.

EntropicByDesign

Ok, I'm awake and vaguely functional. I'll update the list here in about an hour - sorry for the delay.

Once that's done, id like to find some games.. I need to get back on the Beetle grind, but I'm enjoying the shit out of Hellboy.. so probably play both of them.

EntropicByDesign

Been a busy day but things are settling down. Gonna run some games hopefully in about an hour of anyone is interested. Off work tonight so got all the time in the world.

EntropicByDesign

TL;DR - don't be childish, don't insult, don't be hateful it rude. Be friendly and reasonable. Shit talking that's obviously meant to be shit talking won't be tolerated. You can see yourself to the door if that's your opinion.

Allrighty.

This network of players is about getting better and playing quality games with quality people.. if you have some other intention, it's certainly best that you move along to ranked or a random discord or something and do your thing there. If you feel the need to belittle, insult or talk down to a member in an OBVIOUS manner, then this isn't the place for you. We help each other get better here, that's what we do. It's not a bunch of hand holding and folk song singing and such - we're all competitors and ultimately we want to body each other, but we are also functionally mature enough to know how to behave, and how treat one another with respect.

I've had a couple reports of shit-talk and just plain disrespectful behavior and that's not something we will tolerate here at all. This is a learning environment for players of any and all skill levels and your mouth and ego need to be checked at the door.

Be respectful to one another. No insults. No hateful comments and nastiness or whatever. There is an entire internet out there, where, sadly, you can act like whatever sub-human dingbat you feel the need to act like, so leave our little corner alone and try to show some respect to your fellow players. If you play someone and they aren't as strong a player as you, help them get better with constructive criticism or advice - Constructive. If you don't know the difference between that and being an asshole, just don't say anything. That's it. That's all there is to it.

EntropicByDesign

Ok sorry I haven't been on much the last few days. Chickpea, who we thought was out of the woods took a really bad turn, like BAD, and I just didn't have the mindset to play a fighting game with him so sick.. but!!! He's come around and is acting totally normal now. 480$ in vet visits and round the clock care from us and he's back on his feet and seems to be fine now. Not just getting better, but actually better. Moving. Playing. Eating. Being a kitten. Which puts me back in the mood to punch people while being punched in return.

Booya. Off work today too.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
I'm gonna be inactive until Saturday, Nov. 25 :-(. Have a great Thanksgiving, you all!
When I get back, I really want to have a KOTH with a lot of you guys! Try to squeeze me into your schedule this upcoming Saturday?

P.S. When I say "you guys" I mean actually EVERYBODY, even if I don't know you. We'll get to know each other!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I'm gonna be inactive until Saturday, Nov. 25 :-(. Have a great Thanksgiving, you all!
When I get back, I really want to have a KOTH with a lot of you guys! Try to squeeze me into your schedule this upcoming Saturday?

P.S. When I say "you guys" I mean actually EVERYBODY, even if I don't know you. We'll get to know each other!
Awww my lil bubba! I know i havent been online wit' y'all but when u get back, im totally down! Happy Quanza ;)

EntropicByDesign

I personally choose to read this as "I'm afraid of Entropic's impeccably played Hellboy so I'm ducking him because he's sew gud. His incredible skill has left me in awe and so im taking a small hiatus in order to study his amazing punching"

Get back asap man, I need dem sets.

EntropicByDesign

Anyone wanna get a party chat and games going? I have limited time to play and wanna try to get some games in. Waiting on a call from work so dunno how long I have.. but this MIGHT be my last chance for a couple days. What with the holidays looming.

EntropicByDesign

I've got to start playing at work and not just sleeping, but man.. Its hard to choose a game over sleep, lol.

I mean, it's smarter though. I stay up at work, so I crash as soon as I'm home. I wake up earlier in the day and have time to do shit before work. Currently I sleep at work so I'm up.for a few hours early in the morning, then sleep right up till I have to leave, or close-to. How many of you have I run sets with where the entire time Im saying "lemme see what time it is" cause I have to bounce shortly after we start lol.