What's new

The Grindstone, Training Network. Find training partners/lvl up/git gud.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Just wanted to pop in to say this thread has been working perfectly. Been getting a ton of games in with people I met on here.

My only question is: How is it that everyone in here is somehow a Beetle main? This thread is crawling with them, and I am getting sick and tired of chasing you guys in the air and all over the map.
:DOGE

I dunno. i wasnt a Beetle main until we made the thread, then I ended up one. Though I still play other characters.. when I get to play at all granted.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Among other things, lol. For instance, I just took a roster chicken I picked up from the supermarket yesterday and ate some of, quartered it and picked all the meat out in kinda bite sized pieces, grabbed a skillet and kinda lightly browned/sauteed the pieces with some of my 9$ butter, removed from heat and set aside, then took some Butter Chicken concentrate (I dont know a ton about Indian food, but its a kind of curry paste you add a little cream and water to to make a sauce - has a mellow flavor, but really good.. Think chicken tika masala, its in that general ballpark), reconstituted it into a nice sauce, added a very small amount of heat (dont like spicy stuff much - pain is not a flavor) via some tasty spices and dried peppers, put the chicken back in and simmered for 20m, fried up some slices of reg bread w/ my money butter (sourdough would be good, maybe even french but my simple ass used white cause its what I have on hand) and spread a small amount of sour cream on them, topped with the butter chicken mixture, sprinkle a little parsley, fold slice, eating slices now.
Oh MY SWEET GURKENS that sounds delciousable!

EntropicByDesign

Sadly my rice pudding experiments arent going super well. I mean, its hard to fuck up rice pudding, so most taste just fine, but finding that perfect balance between texture, taste and look is tricky. I'm also trying to get a little trickier in that I'm working on incorporating vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and in one batch, even a powdered red pepper (youd be surpised how well it works with the right ingredients,m even in a dessert).. Im making chilled puddings. I dont make sweets/desserts hardly ever, outside some fuckery with crepes occasionally (note to self: make crepes tomorrow) so I'm not real good with them.

EntropicByDesign

Oh MY SWEET GURKENS that sounds delciousable!

Im actually REALLY happy with how it came out. If you dont count the time to pick the meat off the chicken, it doesnt take any time to throw together, I dont count the time it simmers cause you can just leave it... and its dirt cheap - even considering my 9$ butter - and theres enough here to feed four people, or me four times. I have maybe 10m in prep invested and its about, eh, 5-6$ worth of food in total. Not bad for somethiung I can eat for two or three days as a snack or lunch, or dinner at work.

I think I'll add this to my little recipe book.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Im in the same boat, minus the surgery and stuff (Hope shes doin well man), just havent had a lot of time, anbd whenever I *seem* to have time, it gets eaten up somehow.

But no worries, theres no minimum participation required, lol.
Thanks brother! She's doing better, but we're not quite there yet.

Yeah, adulting sucks sometimes, lol. It's like your time enters a black hole.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Thanks brother! She's doing better, but we're not quite there yet.

Yeah, adulting sucks sometimes, lol. It's like your time enters a black hole.
Glad to hear your mother is on the road to recovery. Family is priority over everything. Whenever you're ready, be awesome to game it up with ya sometime.

EntropicByDesign

It took 14 tries. Seriously, 14. But Ive figured it out. Fucking finally. Ive made the perfect rice pudding.

I sort of obsess over things, once they get in to my head.. So now maybe I can concentrate on Inj again. I might get on in a bit and try to play some, but a buddy is *supposed* to come by, and if he does I wont be able to.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It took 14 tries. Seriously, 14. But Ive figured it out. Fucking finally. Ive made the perfect rice pudding.

I sort of obsess over things, once they get in to my head.. So now maybe I can concentrate on Inj again. I might get on in a bit and try to play some, but a buddy is *supposed* to come by, and if he does I wont be able to.
Haha! U still on that puddin'. Well, at least you're persistent. You should make a video on how it came out with taste test included, Chef Entropic ;)

Thank you man, I'd love to! I really appreciate the kind words.
Np brotha! I have a soft spot for ppl who are Momma Boys or take care of their mom because i lost mine 8 years ago. You only have one, so cherish every moment <3

EntropicByDesign

Haha! U still on that puddin'. Well, at least you're persistent. You should make a video on how it came out with taste test included, Chef Entropic ;)

Def not a Chef, one of these days I'll go to culinary school in my off-time just to learn (I have ZERO desire to do it for a living) but I have enormous respect for anyone that's a legit Chef.. I came to cooking late in life, but its one of the most satisfying damn things I have ever found to do.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Def not a Chef, one of these days I'll go to culinary school in my off-time just to learn (I have ZERO desire to do it for a living) but I have enormous respect for anyone that's a legit Chef.. I came to cooking late in life, but its one of the most satisfying damn things I have ever found to do.
It's a brutal profession where you are overworked and highly likely to end up in the hospital a few times with missing fingers and third degree burns.

I had a friend who became a chef. Did not envy him.