What's new

Combo List - Goro The Goro Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
in case it wasn't obvious I'll elaborate further. Go into practice mode, set goro to d4 punchwalk, then take note of the fact that you can block punchwalk even after you get hit by d4. It doesn't combo.
I know where I fucked up and it was my bad. I thought I had the computer on autoblock among other things I did in the lab yesterday.

To be fair though, it would have been more clear if you said "None of his pokes combo into punchwalk". With that wording I would have retested it out of a "are you sure moment".

But that takes my light bulb moment I thought I had and crushes its dreams......if only D4 did combo into punchwalk.......

Has anyone put this one in here?

Mid Screen jump in 2-2,1 xx EX Punch-walk (dash afterwards then immediately) B1, 2, U2 - NJ 1/2 - F3 xx DBF3? Does about 39% one bar mid screen.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I know where I fucked up and it was my bad. I thought I had the computer on autoblock among other things I did in the lab yesterday.

To be fair though, it would have been more clear if you said "None of his pokes combo into punchwalk". With that wording I would have retested it out of a "are you sure moment".

But that takes my light bulb moment I thought I had and crushes its dreams......if only D4 did combo into punchwalk.......
yeah no worries i should have been more clear

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
with 2 bars I think you can do 50 and keep them in the corner though, kw specific w/ ground punch otg

f3 ex punchwalk b12u2 d2 112 is 38, then ex ground punch for 12

I've got sub set to wakeup armor slide and i'm getting it somewhat consistently to beat out slide's armor

@TONY-T have you looked into this ("this" being using an ender that keeps them in the corner) at all? I think it's probably only useful to close out a round because ex ground punch is -6 on hit

EDIT: Made a video

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
^ are you talking about f3? 'cause exdb2 doesn't link after f4.

And if so, b2 b2 b2 b12 is suboptimal combo path - You want njp b12u2 d2 b12 xx dbf3. With that ender (with the f3 xx exdb2) you get 43%

Mortal Komhat

"Goro has no damage"

(DRAGON FANGS EXCLUSIVE)
f3 xx ex db2, njp, run towards a little bit, b12u2, f3 xx dbf3 = 41% midscreen (38% if you hit the first f3 at the very tip since EX Spin's first strike won't hit)

My shokan brethren, today we can say that shit don't fly in our house.

(Got some extra corner stuff I can't remember off the top of my head, too - specifically for DF with 3d3 and f4 starters, it's 30+ damage but I'll need to actually remember the notations)

All right, confirming this :

(DRAGON FANGS EXCLUSIVE FOR ALL OF THEM - CORNER)
3d3 xx EX db2, b12 xx dbf3 = 33%

f4, d3 xx EX DB2, b12 xx dbf3 = 39%

Both of these, since they're in the corner, ignore the biggest drawback of Shokan Grab which is the fullscreen.

Last edited:
It's extremely hard for me to connect shokan grab after f3. Those bunch of directional inputs and extremely small window gives me huge problems. Anyone with advices?

Fermbiz

Noob
I need help guys. I don't know how to anti-air with Goro. I know he has an up 1... Not sure if that's a true anti-air because my timing is all off when it comes to pulling it off. I tried a MB stomp but that's not always reliable because it requires meter. Any suggestions?

I need help guys. I don't know how to anti-air with Goro. I know he has an up 1... Not sure if that's a true anti-air because my timing is all off when it comes to pulling it off. I tried a MB stomp but that's not always reliable because it requires meter. Any suggestions?
B2 can be used if you predict a jump but can lose or trade. If it connects you get a free F3 + DBF3 for like 25%. I have also heard of people using 3 or just regular uppercut.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Tigrar Fury is the way to go. D4~Dragons Breath OMFGLMFAO
I didn't think so early on, but I agree with you now.

It takes a bit of precision, but that variation has the potential for nearly unavoidable damage setups.

Mortal Komhat

A more swag variant of the above which will carry further for... about 1% more damage.

njp, b2 short run b2 short run d4 xx EX df4 (normal of choice) du

4x4lo8o

Noob
Since the first post doesn't seem to be up to date could someone give me a quick rundown on Goro BnB's so I don't have to go through the whole thread trying to figure out what's current?

Mortal Komhat

Since the first post doesn't seem to be up to date could someone give me a quick rundown on Goro BnB's so I don't have to go through the whole thread trying to figure out what's current?
This is what I remember off the top of my head, stuff I use.

Anything that starts off f3 to ex Punchwalk can be changed into any other non-launching normal into EX Punchwalk for less damage.

Meterless, Mid-Screen
Any normal of choice xx bf4 (Use - Corner Carry)
b12u2, short run, b12u2, njp, f3 xx dbf3 (33/34% damage +5 if Shokan Grab is EXd)

Meterless, Swag Ovenload Mid-screen
njp, b2, short run, b2, dash (no run), d4 xx bf4 (Use - Corner Carry off NJP)

Kuatan Warrior :
njp, b2, short run, b2, dash (no run), d4 xx bf2 (Use - Hard KD, pressure set-up for more midscreen)

Meterless, Corner
b12u2, b12u2, d2, b12 xx dbf3 (35% meterless, oki situation)
f4, d3, b12 xx dbf3 (damage, oki situation)

Tigrar Fury :
3d3 xx bf2 b12 xx dbf3 (30~%, anti-armor, oki situation)

1 Meter, Mid-Screen
f3 xx EX bf4, njp, f21 xx bf4 (34%, 2/3rds screen corner carry)
njp, b2, short run, b2, dash, d4 xx ex bf4, 11/121 (28%, half screen corner carry, free stomp in corner)

Dragon Fangs :
f3 xx EX db2, b12u2, f3 xx dbf3 (41%, pure damage option)

1 Meter, Corner/Carried to Corner
f3 xx EX bf4, njp, b12u2, d2, b12 xx dbf3 (40~%, oki situation)

Dragon Fangs
f4, d3 xx EX db2, b12 dbf3 (Overhead conversion, oki situation, 39%)

Last edited:

n9195v

Noob
In Fang
Enhance db2 walk b12u2 NJP slight walk forward b4 30% f3 starter adds 5%

I do that into a meaty f4. They can delay, armor, or backdash. If they back dash you're usually at advantage depending on character. Long delay sets you up for a d3 but short delay they have slight advantage.

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
This is what I remember off the top of my head, stuff I use.

Anything that starts off f3 to ex Punchwalk can be changed into any other non-launching normal into EX Punchwalk for less damage.

Meterless, Mid-Screen
Any normal of choice xx bf4 (Use - Corner Carry)
b12u2, njp, f3 xx dbf3 (Meterless damage, likely better options)

Meterless, Swag Ovenload Mid-screen
njp, b2, short run, b2, dash (no run), d4 xx bf4 (Use - Corner Carry off NJP)

Kuatan Warrior :
njp, b2, short run, b2, dash (no run), d4 xx bf2 (Use - Hard KD, pressure set-up for more midscreen)

Meterless, Corner
b12u2, b12u2, d2, b12 xx dbf3 (35% meterless, oki situation)
f4, d3, b12 xx dbf3 (damage, oki situation)

Tigrar Fury :
3d3 xx bf2 b12 xx dbf3 (30~%, anti-armor, oki situation)

1 Meter, Mid-Screen
f3 xx EX bf4, njp, f21 xx bf4 (34%, 2/3rds screen corner carry)
njp, b2, short run, b2, dash, d4 xx ex bf4, 11/121 (28%, half screen corner carry, free stomp in corner)

Dragon Fangs :
f3 xx EX db2, b12u2, f3 xx dbf3 (41%, pure damage option)

1 Meter, Corner/Carried to Corner
f3 xx EX bf4, njp, b12u2, d2, b12 xx dbf3 (40~%, oki situation)

Dragon Fangs
f4, d3 xx EX db2, njp, b12 dbf3 (Overhead conversion, oki situation)

Thank you, much appreciated

Mortal Komhat

Hm.

So, apparently I suck and I've been not using the right BNB.

b12u2, short run, b12u2, njp, f3 xx dbf3 functions, and does 33% baseline, 34% in DF, 35/36% respectively. Meterless, mid-screen. Yes, you need to land a b1 midscreen clean enough that the 2u2 doesn't miss.

I believe in you, Goro peeps, you can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.