What's new

The Goofy Things I Need To Stop Doing

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
I need to spend less time in the lab and more time actually fighting people. I know so much about my character but so little about most of my MUs.

Also, wake up rolls, teching throws, and better stagger pressure would really help.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
- In KL I get too rushdown heavy. Gotta remember not to just throw stuff out there when I don't necessarily need to. Need to bring back my sub zero patience.

- I need to start using delayed wakeup. Everyone does it to me and it seems to work wonders, but I've just not added that to my game yet.

- Don't always try to steal/keep my turn as Jax. I try too much to D12 after unsafe things to keep my turn because it's honestly kinda scary being on defense in this game. Gets me punished by smart players who know when to poke/throw/or whiff punish the 2 in D12.

- Less jumping. Jump kicks being really good get me used to jumping in vs people rather than approaching on foot. Gets me blow up by players that can AA consistently.

- AA on reaction. I can AA til the cows come home on a read, but reaction? nah fam.

- LEARN TO TECH THROWS. MY GOD I'M FREE TO THROWS. IF YOU WANT TO WIN JUST THROW ME! D:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
You know what’s fucking goofy? I keep playing with these shitty half-assed tournament variations like I’m trying to win Evo or some shit, instead of getting to experience the full fun of over half this game’s movelist. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, it practically feels like I’m choosing to play a demo when I already own the full release.

Prob just need to play more people. I dont adapt as fast as i wish i did. I can dl someone in a few games, but game one i play too defensively and try to read their habits. It causes me to fall victim to losing one game and then these jackoffs leave after they get their 1 win with some lame gimmicks that wont work a 2nd or 3rd time

Fought my first dvorah and kept trying to whiff punish her strings and jumping attacks. I swear you CANNOT whiff punish her jumping attacks they go like 3/4 screen lol.

Prob just need to play more people. I dont adapt as fast as i wish i did. I can dl someone in a few games, but game one i play too defensively and try to read their habits. It causes me to fall victim to losing one game and then these jackoffs leave after they get their 1 win with some lame gimmicks that wont work a 2nd or 3rd time

Fought my first dvorah and kept trying to whiff punish her strings and jumping attacks. I swear you CANNOT whiff punish her jumping attacks they go like 3/4 screen lol.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I probably need to practice anti airing more. In real games, I rarely ever do (unless I’m playing Skarlet, her normals are so good I find myself accidentally anti airing someone with 124 - tentacle lol)

Sometimes I am playing on autopilot. At the start of the match I'm like "Okay it's that character so my projectiles whiff on him" and at the second round I use them in my pressure, so I get punished.

I am bad at teching throws, when I am teching them it is usually because I wanted to start a string or poke.

I am bad at punishing some moves on whiff, especially command grabs when I make the read. I don't want to be kountered when trying to punish only because I tried to hit the opponent during the active frames.

I use my parry specials way too much.

I'm still getting hit by random Fatal Blows because I start pressure on my opponent while his life is below 30% and hit the armor. I have way too much trouble to adapt to this mechanic.

I almost never look at my opponent's ressources, I just look at them in-between rounds.

ferdog8

Noob
I don't spend enough time in the lab.

I get too excited during a game that I begin to make elementary mistakes. At that point, instead of simplyfing my gameplay, I get stuborn and keep on going for the hard stuff instead of cashing in the damage I can.

I always misstime a d2 when I read throw and get thrown either way.

I almost never jump. I've been antiaired to death on the past that I have almost deleted that part of my game. Now when I do it, it is 99% of the time in connection to a move (air Kano Ball or Kotal's air tiger) so it is super telegraphed and therefor not effective.

I don't throw enough. Except when I'm playing Reeborn Scorpion, then I throw way too much.

LewsLyf

Noob
I always assume that my opponent knows my character as well as I do. I find myself not going for certain options because I know of some gap or problem in the tech and just figure that my opponent will blow me up for it when in reality they probably have no fucking idea what my character really does.
couldnt really agree with this one more tbh

D

Deleted member 35141

My biggest issue is being stubborn and watching as my main moves and gameplan fly over my opponents head on block, thinking I can change the games flawed hitboxes by being persistent.

Sazbak

Noob
Need to learn anti-airing using s1/s2.
Need to use delayed wake-up or just plain blocking more.
Need to start hitconfirming b32 into iceball.
Need to learn to tech throws.
Need to focus on my opponent's character's animation more so I can play better reactively instead of doing things on a read.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I keep doing d1 nutpunch after any JC restand. It works almost every single time, and when it doesn't they don't punish. What can I say? These players refuse to ever be negative.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I need to stop assuming that people will eventually learn to stop pressing buttons after I've punished them for it over and over. After landing a nutpunch (+5) it's not uncommon for me to catch them trying to poke with my d1~nutpunch two or three times consecutively. At which point, in my head I'm like "Alright, surely they've learned by now that it's not their turn" and go for a throw. Eat a D2 KB :mad::mad::mad:

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I need to stop respecting people online and just play like they can't react due to lag.
I need to stop waiting for Sheeva, NRS have stolen her from me yet again and I should suck it up and just play Jacqui/Cassie until Sindel arrives.

Wigy

There it is...
I need to stop assuming that people will eventually learn to stop pressing buttons after I've punished them for it over and over. After landing a nutpunch (+5) it's not uncommon for me to catch them trying to poke with my d1~nutpunch two or three times consecutively. At which point, in my head I'm like "Alright, surely they've learned by now that it's not their turn" and go for a throw. Eat a D2 KB :mad::mad::mad:
Rofl amen. Always give people too much respect, gotta realise they're trash and won't stop

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
Ok, this list could be long.

Learn to anti air on reaction, and take more advantage of it when I get it

Learn to tech throws, I'm just horrible teching throws...

Unlearn to do D1, throw on hit. It's just incrusted in my muscle memory and I do it recklessly

Be more patient and use less kano ball to try to whiff punish or catch zoning opponents.

Respect wakeups

And yeah, avoid beer while or befor...nah, I won't do this one.