What's new

The Footsie/Poke System in Mortal Kombat 11 Explained (Video)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I KNEW you were JTCircus, lol. I remember we had some GGs way back in the early days if Injustice. Glad to see you back and making content. Great video my man.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The moment you start to understand your character is the moment you'll use their spacing tools more effectively. Scarlet's F3 is a great anti-air and will catch anyone off guard that is a bit further away. Not to mention it has a ridiculous range. I check my opponent with it, like you awake buddy WHIP!

Bait them in blocking low and they'll just turtle so you throw an overhead their way and they'll start being more careful and block standing and that's when you shake up their world again: grab 'em. Rinse and repeat this cycle, use F3 to control the space and show them you're not messing around.

Also, you can connect a combo off a jump 3 so when you have the opportunity to do so, it's worth it.

Wake-ups are perfect, I absolutely love them. 1-2 to get a full combo and 3-4 to reset. I'm not sure if everyone has the same frame data with those but with Scarlet's U3 they have time to block after the hit as there's a significant pushback. I think you can follow up with a special, but it's best to just back up and F3 again.

Man, this game is amazing. Seriously, I cannot freaking wait to play Cassie.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
d1 d1 d1 d1 d1 d1...d1 d1 d2 is now a legit thing since the lack of fast mids.
Well the frame data seems to not have switched TOO much since the Cassie/Johnny beta.

And Cassie had a 9 frame mid there. It was also 0 on block AND it leads to a safe overhead.

That shit is unheard of. The fastest besides that for the other 10 characters so far was 11 frame startup.

Of course it's too early to say it'll stay that way, but if it does I'm sure @Vslayer and you will have a field day with that shit.

This move will give the fat middle finger to the traditional poke game for at least all 10 of the other shown characters lol.

This is how it looks. F4