What's new

The Final Round 17 Schedule, Updates and Hype Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Stream went down. I lost 2-0 again, this time to aqua man, told myself to block low since he went for b.23 every time but never did and messed up f.2.dxxsuper on block

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm not sure I can recommend Xbox for any future Inj tournaments, seeing as how it clearly has some massive issues with running this game. The same issues came up at CEO, SCR, now at Final Round, and happened week after week at NLBC as well.

-Hotfix isses
-Console freezing issues

Etc.

Thus, although neither system is perfect, the only logical solution seems to be to run tournaments on PS3 unless we want to incur hours of delays and matches lost/thrown out due to hotfix issues at every single tournament.

As much as I hate to say it, enough is probably enough.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I don't think our Kommunity ever gets a hard-line for Internet at any of these majors EVER. This is the bigger problem. No hard-line means welcome to the wild wild west son

SO what happens is they use my 4g cards or Pig's or whoever's but that's always an adventure. If they setup in a spot in a ballroom where they get little to no bars or just the whole venue in general gets shiite service it's a problem.

Also side note 4G cards are a bill of goods a lot of the times. You almost never get true real 4G thruput even in a " great location".

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
We have a hardline for the internet but the xbox account was like.. email protected? P2w just donlwnloaded his account to the xbox and we should be good from here as long as no one else turns off the xbox lol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm not sure I can recommend Xbox for any future Inj tournaments, seeing as how it clearly has some massive issues with running this game. The same issues came up at CEO, SCR, now at Final Round, and happened week after week at NLBC as well.

-Hotfix isses
-Console freezing issues

Etc.

Thus, although neither system is perfect, the only logical solution seems to be to run tournaments on PS3 unless we want to incur hours of delays and matches lost/thrown out due to hotfix issues at every single tournament.

As much as I hate to say it, enough is probably enough.
Ps3 would theoretically have the same issues regarding hotfix patches.

The slowdown was even worse on PS3.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ps3 would theoretically have the same issues regarding hotfix patches.

The slowdown was even worse on PS3.
PS3 seems to keep the hotfixes around -- on the Xbox they seem to disappear at will. And the issues here aren't with slowdown, just consoles straight up freezing, even after you've restarted them multiple times.

Again, neither system is perfect, but this is ridiculous and it's a major hassle for tournament runners. Matches being thrown out etc, it's a mess.

Poor Shock has had to go through this same ritual 3 or 4 times in the last couple days.

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
PS3 seems to keep the hotfixes around -- on the Xbox they seem to disappear at will. And the issues here aren't with slowdown, just consoles straight up freezing, even after you've restarted them multiple times.

Again, neither system is perfect, but this is ridiculous and it's a major hassle for tournament runners. Matches being thrown out etc, it's a mess.
I agree, that really does suck...but on the flip side, at least when matches freeze the participants get a do-over. On Ps3 nothing can be done until after the match to address slowdown unless both competitors agree to stop.

Were these slims or fat consoles I wonder?

I agree that it's a hassle, but we switched from PS3 for a reason. They don't dissapear from Xbox at will...it usually has to do with the system being offline for too long.