What's new

The Final Round 17 Schedule, Updates and Hype Thread

haketh

Noob
I'm not one to defend Carl usually, but he got robbed there fucking hard.

Man, wish they'd just resync'ed the controller and played it out.
Earlier in SFIV this exact same scenario played out, a guy was getting hit by Honda hands, he was low life, the Honda paused, they unpaused to see what would happen, if he died whatever, if he didn't they were gonna give it to the other player. This was a complete fuck up IMO and they should have only gave the lifebar and not the round.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
What caused the pause? Was Carl using a converter or something?
He got the shaft big time. The entire set hinged on that disconnect. He was mid-combo with all the momentum and a huge lead. He was clearly mind-fucked after that. He had already lost before the second match even began. Didn't even break a combo at the start of his second health bar.

That's extremely disappointing. I'm not a fan of PL or anything, but I feel like we missed out on some good matches with him getting eliminated the way he did... That was also the only set of his I caught, didn't realize he was using Flash... I definitely wanted to see more of that :\

coolwhip

Noob
It'd be great if this thread actually mentioned who beat who... Even greater would have been to actually see the brackets but I guess that technology is too advanced.