What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr [Block Infinite] challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryublaze

Noob
Why is this thread still a thing lol. OP doesn't even do it right and use the characters that it actually block infinites smh

So you have to crouch momentarily to avoid the block infinite, cool. Sounds hilariously familiar to Jacqui argument. Possibly the greatest point of irony on TYM ever?
Only applies to Takeda and its still a pseudo infinite on him. Still block infinites 3 other characters no matter how u block...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why is this thread still a thing lol. OP doesn't even do it right and use the characters that it actually block infinites smh

Only applies to Takeda and its still a pseudo infinite on him. Still block infinites 3 other characters no matter how u block...
Coming from the guy who didn't even know to crouch block until I pointed it out, its hard to take this comment seriously. Its almost like you didn't even try to lab it before posting.

Takeda was the first one you posted about, claiming you couldn't do anything. Obviously you can, since this went from a "block infinite" to a "psuedo block infinite but I might be off by a frame idk".
This deserves more time than we've given it, and honestly as the one who started the entire thing about some vanilla sub-optimal thing you're stuck with the fact that this is going to be beaten to death and back.

@Doombawkz
post a new video actually doing it right or there is no point in this thread staying up
Such demands. Raptor had his thread up for what... like 8 hours before it took my 5 minutes to inform him that he was blocking wrong?
If only you made the same demand of Raptor when he wasted 3 pages worth of people's time with a bunk video, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'm still working with this, it goes deeper than any of you can even imagine. Go get lunch or something, pretty much anything more productive than demanding answers you aren't working to find yourself.

RagingRicans

NetBattles
Coming from the guy who didn't even know to crouch block until I pointed it out, its hard to take this comment seriously. Its almost like you didn't even try to lab it before posting.

Takeda was the first one you posted about, claiming you couldn't do anything. Obviously you can, since this went from a "block infinite" to a "psuedo block infinite but I might be off by a frame idk".
This deserves more time than we've given it, and honestly as the one who started the entire thing about some vanilla sub-optimal thing you're stuck with the fact that this is going to be beaten to death and back.

Such demands. Raptor had his thread up for what... like 8 hours before it took my 5 minutes to inform him that he was blocking wrong?
If only you made the same demand of Raptor when he wasted 3 pages worth of people's time with a bunk video, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I'm still working with this, it goes deeper than any of you can even imagine. Go get lunch or something, pretty much anything more productive than demanding answers you aren't working to find yourself.
How deep? It's a government conspiracy!!!!

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
this is a block infinity how ever it does not work the same way on every character. it is base on your character's hurt box and in how tall is your character kotal kahn will have the easiest time getting out of this trap because of how tall he is the ferra toss will hit him in its early active frames causing ferra/torr to be in less frame advantage

F/t block inf on some characters:
Thanks for posting this!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
when it gets taken out you're not gonna cry, right?
Its been around since vanilla, even if they removed it there is more broken stuff.
I don't really use Ruthless or vicious either, so it doesn't directly affect me. Also I don't really see Bio going out of his way to infinite people, so I doubt our top rep is going to feel it either.
So no, probably won't care too much. They could make it like... -3 or -4 on block and it'd still do what we usually use it for.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Its been around since vanilla, even if they removed it there is more broken stuff.
I don't really use Ruthless or vicious either, so it doesn't directly affect me. Also I don't really see Bio going out of his way to infinite people, so I doubt our top rep is going to feel it either.
So no, probably won't care too much. They could make it like... -3 or -4 on block and it'd still do what we usually use it for.
Now that it's getting attention and people realize how truly effective it is vs certain characters, it would probably be used more.

And you seem like you care a lot about it here

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Now that it's getting attention and people realize how truly effective it is vs certain characters, it would probably be used more.

And you seem like you care a lot about it here
By who? We only have the 1 representative for the most part, and its not a big mystery that there's a punishable gap in it. Better options to use.

Seeing red brought about the thread, frankly people can believe its an infinite if they want. Maybe it is, but nowhere near enough work went into it from the beginning.

InFlames

dead
It took you 5 minutes to upload you escaping a botched recording of F/T, basically spreading misinformation. Also I proved the whole "blocking wrong" thing is irrelevant if done right.

Stop pretending you are the only one who labs in this game

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
By who? We only have the 1 representative for the most part, and its not a big mystery that there's a punishable gap in it. Better options to use.

Seeing red brought about the thread, frankly people can believe its an infinite if they want. Maybe it is, but nowhere near enough work went into it from the beginning.
*sniff* *sniff* ahhhhhhh... don't you just love the smell of backpedaling?

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.

Enough work to disprove your earlier video and "precise and very crisp close to 1 frame timing"

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

One major representative, but why wouldn't he use it on the characters it works like this against? It's a stupid tool that should probably be adjusted. The character's been getting more attention since Bio's recent success and the beta too, so I'd imagine we might start seeing him more everywhere. And this would be a part of that.

From what I see you have a history of freaking out about something FT-related, then posting misinformation because you tested it wrong. And now you're like "actually I don't even care". Just stop lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It took you 5 minutes to upload you escaping a botched recording of F/T, basically spreading misinformation. Also I proved the whole "blocking wrong" thing is irrelevant if done right.

Stop pretending you are the only one who labs in this game
Considering Raptor did another video where he seemed to be trading just fine, I don't really think that's called "misinformation". Now stand blocking a string and calling it an infinite? That's "misinformation".
Even assuming you did "prove me wrong", two things persisted:

1) The idea that crouch blocking was an option was, apparently, not entertained at the time of making the original thread.

2) The idea that people were apt to accept it as such, meaning no one else labbed it until I came into it.

Stop pretending you bothered to look into it before I entered the situation, because obviously no one else did.

Enough work to disprove your earlier video and "precise amd very crisp close to 1 frame timing"
But not enough to press down while blocking. Still doesn't change the biggest issue.
Trying to replicate a "must be frame perfect, point blank, against 3 characters specifically" just by watching a short video > Pressing down to block.

One major representative, but why wouldn't he use it on the characters it works like this against? It's a stupid tool that should probably be adjusted.

From what I see you have a history of freaking out about something FT-related, then posting misinformation because you tested it wrong. And now you're like "actually I don't even care". Just stop lol
Because it has a gap, and we have better tools to use. Also it requires frame-perfect performance, perfect spacing, so on and so forth. I'm doubtful we'll ever see this in any match ever, moreso because we've never seen it in any match up until now.

History being what... Like one time against Jacqui's infinite, and my timing being slightly off going off of a visual example, but still disproving the original video and bringing up a new, unexplored angle?
Outside of that, what else do you have?

And I really don't care. I was fine with letting these threads die out on their own and just waiting on it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
History being what... Like one time against Jacqui's infinite, and my timing being slightly off going off of a visual example, but still disproving the original video and bringing up a new, unexplored angle?
Outside of that, what else do you have?
Idk I haven't seen you do anything else relevant. The only times I notice you post you're usually wrong and undeservedly smug-acting

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
This reminds me of when I claimed Nightwing had a 50/50 and some dude said I was wrong so he recorded himself blocking it everytime as if that meant something.

Sometimes people go to great lengths to show they are right, as opposed to seeking the truth.

And that's why the world has problems. Life lessons from TYM.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Idk I haven't seen you do anything else relevant. The only times I notice you post you're usually wrong and undeservedly smug-acting
Doesn't seem like much of a "history". Though, to be fair, I don't really work hard for your attention. Most of the stuff I post on is just people asking for inputs to combos, or sitting in the convo talking about labbing stuff on Lackey.

Still, all the same I have to play nice for now.

He says he doesn't care but yet made a thread, and contributed to around 40+ posts about the subject at hand :rolleyes:
Seeing red brought about the thread
^ already answered

Status
Not open for further replies.