What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr [Block Infinite] challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hello. As a lab monster, it sickens me to see everyone cling to this idea of a "block infinite" that isn't even close to one.

So I extend to the community a challenge. Find me any character you believe CANNOT get out of this blockstring and I will post for you two videos: One at point blank and one at optimal/peak distance to show you that every character can get out of this with ease.

I challenge you, community, to prove that you aren't just shitting the bed out of your own lack of knowledge.
I challenge you to prove your grievance. I plan to expose every single person who dares assume they know my character better than we, the mains, do.

Show me your shame, community. Allow me to show you why you haven't learned a thing since Bane.

Takeda:

Short and sweet. b.121xxOH toss has a delay inbetween strings to get Ferra back. Low blocking the third hit of b.121 will push Torr too far back to hit mid with his next b.121. Also throw works.

Please note, this is an even more crisp and precise timing than Raptor's video, meaning this is AS CLOSE as its going to get to the real thing. I grinded the timing of b.121xxOH to b.121xxOH to a frame at the most.

Summoner Quan Chi.
this one was done using the forward step method. Had to re-do the timing, but same results. 9 frames beats it out, meaning you're neutral at best. Throw still works, so on.

Last edited:

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Show takeda since thats who redraptor uses. And tag him if you think he can consistently escape. I think thats the best thing to do.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
remember when jacqui didn't have a block infinite but you kept saying it needed to be taken out
BRUH

I remember perfectly. We were met with nothing but how broken it is types of responses, even though we had multiple detailed explanations that it wasn't an infinite like this-
If you block an up rocket standing, Jacqui can jail you into standing 1 with stamina. If you block an up rocket crouching, she can't jail you into standing 1, and she's too far for 4~up rocket to hit on block or be a true blockstring. If you do 1212~up rocket and the up rocket is crouch blocked, the 4 frame traps but the up rocket can be neutral ducked/backdashed/armored. At least that's what I see from my testing.
And this-

@Doombawkz @EGP Wonder_Chef

i've found when recreating things, i cannot find a single instance where 4~uprocket can hit after 1212~uprocket midscreen or in the corner. i even picked the same stage, costume, and variation you were doing in the video. i don't know if it's just a random thing that sometimes happens, but chef doesn't seem to be able to get it either

as far as the walk infinite goes. i've done multiple recordings to see if there's any variations in the timing, and it seems like this becomes impossible if the uprockets are blocked standing. there's different pushback depending on whether the rockets are blocked standing and ducking. (edit: it actually seems like different advantage, s1 still hits on block but you can armor/backdash through). so technically there's still a mixup because it guarantees a s4 followup (except for half the time it whiffs) but s4 only has enough cancel advantage to guarantee bf1 if it's blocked

so as far as i can tell you just have to block rockets standing. which is counter intuitive but it doesn't make a real difference in this mu

Among others. Yet we get nerfed more heavily than they even had to do. Now the shoe is on the other foot and it has changed to "it's not a block infinite, everyone can get out just fine". Oh really? Funny how things change.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Even if you interupt it's still a really strong tool as you can just do B12 Ex Ferra toss which still makes it a read that is hugely in your favour

But I guess the point of the thread is to disprove the block infinite

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Even if you interupt it's still a really strong tool as you can just do B12 Ex Ferra toss which still makes it a read that is hugely in your favour

But I guess the point of the thread is to disprove the block infinite
You can stagger your block. b.121xxOH toss and b.12xxOH toss have different timings, it takes like 2 minutes to know when you just press down right before that third hit.
If they do EX OH toss after the b.12, you still block it with the same timing.

Jolt

Uprise
In your video, you didn't walk forward before performing b1. @Red Raptor said that was the best way to get the timing right to get Ferra back on you. That would also (maybe) prevent the b1 from whiffing?

*Not saying I know, presenting potential arguments and inconsistencies in testing is all.

Second. Can we take a look at Erron Black? 7f d1 in beta, but in the current game frame wise he should have Takeda syndrome

EDIT: To be fair, I understand that walking forward reduces the frame advantage (or rather uses part of it), but consistency is all I'm after. Show that exactly what he said to do isn't a thing

so im watching ur video and comparing to red raptors. In your video, FT is def not in takedas face. He's further away than he is on red raptors video.

Would distance have any affect on it? Kind of like cassie's nut punch having more advantage if she hits them when they are higher in the air?

legitimate question

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
You can stagger your block. b.121xxOH toss and b.12xxOH toss have different timings, it takes like 2 minutes to know when you just press down right before that third hit.
If they do EX OH toss after the b.12, you still block it with the same timing.
Oh okay

But what about Ex B121 Ex low toss?

Status
Not open for further replies.