What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr [Block Infinite] challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a block infinity how ever it does not work the same way on every character. it is base on your character's hurt box and in how tall is your character kotal kahn will have the easiest time getting out of this trap because of how tall he is the ferra toss will hit him in its early active frames causing ferra/torr to be in less frame advantage

F/t block inf on some characters:

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
this is a block infinity how ever it doen not work the same way on every character. it is base on your charactet's hurt box and in how tall is your character kotal kahn will have the easiest time getting out of this trap because of how tall he is the ferra toss will hit him its early active frames causing ferra/torr to be in less frame advantage.

F/t block inf on some characters: http://youtu.be/Zq69nJCQFFM
Good stuff. Fix that link though, cuz I had to copy and paste the url to get it to work.

edit: Actually here is the video Evil Ryu made:

Tweedy

Noob
If a pressure based character, Kung Lao, can't jail his D4 with a bar of meter, than this advantageous of a mind game should not exist, for any character.

Even if it's not a dead end infinite, it's still braindead pressure, for no resources.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If a pressure based character, Kung Lao, can't jail his D4 with a bar of meter, than this advantageous of a mind game should not exist, for any character.

Even if it's not a dead end infinite, it's still braindead pressure, for no resources.
Ferra is our resource.

You lost the fight. Quit continuing to dishonor yourself.

For shame.
Whatever, you guys aren't even complaining about the broken stuff.
Just wait until one of you stumbles on our stuff that doesn't have gaps to armor through and variable block pushback.
Then we'll be right back here, with you guys demanding my character get nerfed, and they never will. :cool:

Tweedy

Noob
Ferra is our resource.

Whatever, you guys aren't even complaining about the broken stuff.
Just wait until one of you stumbles on our stuff that doesn't have gaps to armor through and variable block pushback.
Then we'll be right back here, with you guys demanding my character get nerfed, and they never will. :cool:
Ferra is not a resource. Losing her for a second actually enhances you since you can check with a 6 frame D1 that's -3, making the mind game even more advantageous for you.

The amount of reaching and desperation in this thread is atrocious.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Yep. People throwing the word block infinite without labbing seriously is a thing. Liu Kang's ''block infinte'' got nerfed, along with his meter building and all 4 characters that had the issue got their pokes buffed. I'm alright with the adjustments, but still, ggs tym. Hope everything goes right with you F/T mains, cuz nerfs suck when there is no point for nerfing.
takeda didn't get his poke buffed

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ferra is not a resource. Losing her for a second actually enhances you since you can check with a 6 frame D1 that's -3, making the mind game even more advantageous for you.

The amount of reaching and desperation in this thread is atrocious.
Poking with a -3 ability ends the pressure. We can check with it but honestly, it practically jails on block anyways so its unlikely to catch anyone.
Even if it hits, you can't do anything to follow-up since you don't have any specials, all you can do is throw another slow jab and hope they don't realize it'll take you 13 frames and they can usually duck the first hit because of d.1 pushing you back on block.

Losing her is always a downside because it means if we, for any reason, lose control we lose everything in the situation.

Tweedy

Noob
Poking with a -3 ability ends the pressure. We can check with it but honestly, it practically jails on block anyways so its unlikely to catch anyone.
Even if it hits, you can't do anything to follow-up since you don't have any specials, all you can do is throw another slow jab and hope they don't realize it'll take you 13 frames and they can usually duck the first hit because of d.1 pushing you back on block.

Losing her is always a downside because it means if we, for any reason, lose control we lose everything in the situation.
All of their options to end the pseudo infinite, lose to the 6 frame D1, besides armor.

So if you know they're going to D1, D2, or whatever, you could just check them with D1, and reset your pressure.

reach reach, grasp grasp, downplay downplay

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
All of their options to end the pseudo infinite, lose to the 6 frame D1, besides armor.

So if you know they're going to D1, D2, or whatever, you could just check them with D1, and reset your pressure.

reach reach, grasp grasp, downplay downplay
Thats the thing, d.1 will click on guard. Unless you delay it for whatever reason, b.121xxOH toss d.1 is a true blockstring so your poke won't catch them. Its not a check, it functions as an extension.

Also d.1 range got nerfed, so there's that. If they push you out too far, d.1 won't even reach.
YOU DARE DISRESPECT PURI PURI PRISONER?!?!
"Consecutive punches... are for finishing off your opponent. You must invest each one with murderous intent. Like this..."
He comes to fight, but he lacks the intent.

Tweedy

Noob
Thats the thing, d.1 will click on guard. Unless you delay it for whatever reason, b.121xxOH toss d.1 is a true blockstring so your poke won't catch them. Its not a check, it functions as an extension.

"Consecutive punches... are for finishing off your opponent. You must invest each one with murderous intent. Like this..."
He comes to fight, but he lacks the intent.
Yes, because when something jails, they are forced to block. If that were true, you'd be correct.

Your time to make an attempt to escape is after the ferra toss, right? If so, they will press buttons then. The D1 will catch them. If they're conditioned to that, D1 grab, or just continue pressure, or bait armor with ease. The mind game is way too advantageous. This is the kind of stuff that not only should get patched out in my opinion, but has been patched out for other characters.

coughkungcoughlaocoughimcoughsaltycough

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes, because when something jails, they are forced to block. If that were true, you'd be correct.

Your time to make an attempt to escape is after the ferra toss, right? If so, they will press buttons then. The D1 will catch them. If they're conditioned to that, D1 grab, or just continue pressure, or bait armor with ease. The mind game is way too advantageous. This is the kind of stuff that not only should get patched out in my opinion, but has been patched out for other characters.

coughkungcoughlaocoughimcoughsaltycough
Lets assume d.1 catches and hits whoever you're trying to check with it. It doesn't hit on block like it normally does, but slips just past the line.
By this point you're just doing an incredibly sub-optimal b.12xxOH mix-up, but its fine.
Assuming this d.1 hits and they aren't still blocking, you're left at +10. I suppose we are also assuming your opponent doesn't know how to scoot you out on block, so you get set at the range d.1 sticks you at, which is just about at wrist level of b.12.

From this scenario, you could do another sub-optimal b.12xxOH string in the form of b.121xxOH string, but by this point you're just providing two gaps for them to eat through instead of one or zero.
Add also you're losing the chance to break armor with b.12 and making more work for yourself.

d.1 doesn't hit low, so its not like they have to shift block either. If you mixed in something like a f.2xxOH toss mix-up then maybe since thats like +10 on block every time and starts low, but just doing d.1 is good on paper. If you're going that far you might as well use d.3 which is far superior, or use 2f.4xxOH toss d.1 2f.4 which is even better of an option since its faster and has better reach.

Its not that doing b.121xxOH toss d.1 is per se a bad idea, but it takes something that already isn't exactly the greatest and just makes it slightly worse. You get the same job done for less risk just doing b.121xxOH toss -step- b.121xxOH toss like Raptor illustrated, or doing b.12xxOH toss into stuff, or a lot of other things.

Tweedy

Noob
Lets assume d.1 catches and hits whoever you're trying to check with it. It doesn't hit on block like it normally does, but slips just past the line.
By this point you're just doing an incredibly sub-optimal b.12xxOH mix-up, but its fine.
Assuming this d.1 hits and they aren't still blocking, you're left at +10. I suppose we are also assuming your opponent doesn't know how to scoot you out on block, so you get set at the range d.1 sticks you at, which is just about at wrist level of b.12.

From this scenario, you could do another sub-optimal b.12xxOH string in the form of b.121xxOH string, but by this point you're just providing two gaps for them to eat through instead of one or zero.
Add also you're losing the chance to break armor with b.12 and making more work for yourself.

d.1 doesn't hit low, so its not like they have to shift block either. If you mixed in something like a f.2xxOH toss mix-up then maybe since thats like +10 on block every time and starts low, but just doing d.1 is good on paper. If you're going that far you might as well use d.3 which is far superior, or use 2f.4xxOH toss d.1 2f.4 which is even better of an option since its faster and has better reach.

Its not that doing b.121xxOH toss d.1 is per se a bad idea, but it takes something that already isn't exactly the greatest and just makes it slightly worse. You get the same job done for less risk just doing b.121xxOH toss -step- b.121xxOH toss like Raptor illustrated, or doing b.12xxOH toss into stuff, or a lot of other things.
My point is that it's a legit check, to blow up any possibility of them getting out of loops.

Lets say you go into a tournament, get the person in the corner. The first thing that they think is "well shit I gotta poke out of this after the overhead toss, or armor", you D1, they get hit because there are literally no options vs the D1 besides blocking it, since it jails, and your pressure is now reset.

I'm not saying that it's some kind of elite level mix up. Just that it's kind of the cherry on top. They have options, but you have an option to stop them from stopping you. An option that has basically no risk at all, and has a mind game on top of it(the command grab).

Also, I don't see the D3 comparison. It doesn't jail, right? So how is it the same?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
My point is that it's a legit check, to blow up any possibility of them getting out of loops.

Lets say you go into a tournament, get the person in the corner. The first thing that they think is "well shit I gotta poke out of this after the overhead toss, or armor", you D1, they get hit because there are literally no options vs the D1, since it jails, and your pressure is now reset.

I'm not saying that it's some kind of elite level mix ups. Just that it's kind of the cherry on top. They have options, but you have an option to stop them from stopping you. An option that has basically no risk at all, and has a mind game on top of it(the command grab).

Also, I don't see the D3 comparison. It doesn't jail, right? So how is it the same?
What I'm pointing out isn't that you're wrong, I'm saying yeah its a nice tool but you might as well be doing b.12xxOH toss into d.1 into b.12xxOH toss because it leaves no gap between b.12 and Oh toss, is +2 more on block which gives you more room to abuse the poke timing, and it provides them with way less chance to scoot you out since the third hit is usually the one that pushes you away.

d.3 recovers way faster on block and doesn't have a set distance. d.1 will push you to a certain spot (ala Bane's d.1 in Injustice which always left you at knee level or further) where as d.3 sucks you in.
If you read the d.1 and backdash, you can actually stop the next b.121 depending on your character. If you backdash the d.3, you get nothing. Its just a faster but shorter ranged d.1, mainly abusable against characters who can't guard scoot you like Cassie or Ermac and especially useful if you're doing just the b.12 against characters like Takeda who rely on the third hit to make distance.

Tweedy

Noob
What I'm pointing out isn't that you're wrong, I'm saying yeah its a nice tool but you might as well be doing b.12xxOH toss into d.1 into b.12xxOH toss because it leaves no gap between b.12 and Oh toss, is +2 more on block which gives you more room to abuse the poke timing, and it provides them with way less chance to scoot you out since the third hit is usually the one that pushes you away.

d.3 recovers way faster on block and doesn't have a set distance. d.1 will push you to a certain spot (ala Bane's d.1 in Injustice which always left you at knee level or further) where as d.3 sucks you in.
If you read the d.1 and backdash, you can actually stop the next b.121 depending on your character. If you backdash the d.3, you get nothing. Its just a faster but shorter ranged d.1, mainly abusable against characters who can't guard scoot you like Cassie or Ermac and especially useful if you're doing just the b.12 against characters like Takeda who rely on the third hit to make distance.
If the D1 jails, it can't be backdashed.

Btw, sorry that I came in the thread like a condescending dbag. You were being one to people previously in the thread to be fair, but you've been cool to me.

I still think the mind game is too advantageous, especially with the stuff that's being patched out. Good luck with your character.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If the D1 jails, it can't be backdashed.

Btw, sorry that I came in the thread like a condescending dbag. You were being one to people previously in the thread to be fair, but you've been cool to me.

I still think the mind game is too advantageous, especially with the stuff that's being patched out. Good luck with your character.
I'm specifically referring to delaying the d.1 so it catches people waiting for the timings.

And yeah I don't go out of my way to make enemies

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So it turns out this might actually be a legit blockstring against certain characters if you don't have meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.