What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr [Block Infinite] challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
You aren't doing it right. I've tested this thoroughly and there is no way out with Takeda, Kitana, Erron, and Kenshi. You have to be up in their face and you have to walk forward. I wish you could send recordings to people...
When i used liu and takeda against knicks in the beta, i couldn't get out. Like legit tried everything i knew. I just chalked it up to not knowing the mu, but i wasnt sure. I just want the updated game to drop, that way we can all lab things like this and not do it on the current outdated build.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You aren't doing it right. I've tested this thoroughly and there is no way out with Takeda, Kitana, Erron, and Kenshi. You have to be up in their face and you have to walk forward. I wish you could send recordings to people...
You're not doing it right either, but I'll make my Liu Kang video with me point blank and walking too. Sound good?
Because if you block the third hit of b.121 low, you'll always end up at the same range if you're point blank.

Actually because I'm a good sport, I'll do it for Kenshi.

ryublaze

Noob
You're not doing it right either, but I'll make my Liu Kang video with me point blank and walking too. Sound good?
Because if you block the third hit of b.121 low, you'll always end up at the same range if you're point blank.

Actually because I'm a good sport, I'll do it for Kenshi.
There's no point since you're never going to have the same recording. Liu can get out with d4. You need to test with the four characters that I listed and do it exactly how I did it in the video frame perfect.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
There's no point since you're never going to have the same recording. Liu can get out with d4. You need to test with the four characters that I listed and do it exactly how I did it in the video frame perfect.
Bruh his version is 100% optimized.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Yep. People throwing the word block infinite without labbing seriously is a thing. Liu Kang's ''block infinte'' got nerfed, along with his meter building and all 4 characters that had the issue got their pokes buffed. I'm alright with the adjustments, but still, ggs tym. Hope everything goes right with you F/T mains, cuz nerfs suck when there is no point for nerfing.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
For the sake of the argument, I've watched your video. Even if I did it frame perfect, theres the issue that no matter how "frame perfect" it is, grab always beats it.
Every time, without fail.
Regardless of where or when we do this, if you tried this on me I will always be able to duck block the third hit of b.121 and then the moment you take that step my grab will beat anything you throw out next.

I've done this video and scenario so many times, if you're saying this has to be 100% frame perfect to work on everyone in every scenario, I expect more evidence that what you've presented. Your timing is terrible on reversals, your blocking is wrong, and I find it amusing that you think that, somehow, your testing with a character you've played a fraction of the time with is better than mine.

My kenshi video is uploading. Point blank, walk forward, b.121 down to the point where the first and second reps can't be done any faster or Ferra won't be on your back for them.
I still got out 2 ways with Kenshi, and I'm sure if I was bothered to do any more testing to prove this idiotic idea wrong I could find more.

If I really wanted to, I could sit at exactly mid range and do b.121xxOH toss into b.121xxOH toss and even without the step forward it still hits mid and Ferra is still on my back. I can remove an entire step to your process and STILL disprove it for every character in the game. I can optimize it from 3 frames of open space down to 0 and STILL disprove it.

Also I hate to say it, but this is with my crouch blocking b.121xxOH toss which makes it even more plus. If I stand block it from any range, any move under 10 frames will beat it every time consistently.

The only time it doesn't is if you're mashing super hard or don't know the timing of when blockstun ends because you'll get your inputs eaten.

Basically all you've given me is the impression that apparently its something that can't be replicated. Anyone who does so and manages to get out obviously isn't doing it right.

But if it can't be replicated in a controlled environment by someone like me who literally does nothing else in this game but this, how in the fuck do you expect me to buy that it can be replicated mid-match? That is the most illogical thing I've ever heard.

Last edited:

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I did not say that...
Just wanted you to hear this idea. If you guys decide this is something that needs adjusting, then the sensible solution would be to make it so ferra takes a few frames longer to return after the overhead toss, instead of reducing the plus frames from it. That would really hurt Vicious more than anything, since overhead toss is its main pressure tool and it actually needs the plus frames off it.
This probably doesn't need normalization at all, since the block infinite has been disproved, but please consider vicious if you guys decide to touch it!

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
Great description. I'm lucky enough to have a training partner that mains F/T. Also low blocking the last hit on b121 is the easiest way to armor through the overhead toss.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Hello. As a lab monster, it sickens me to see everyone cling to this idea of a "block infinite" that isn't even close to one.

So I extend to the community a challenge. Find me any character you believe CANNOT get out of this blockstring and I will post for you two videos: One at point blank and one at optimal/peak distance to show you that every character can get out of this with ease.

I challenge you, community, to prove that you aren't just shitting the bed out of your own lack of knowledge.
I challenge you to prove your grievance. I plan to expose every single person who dares assume they know my character better than we, the mains, do.

Show me your shame, community. Allow me to show you why you haven't learned a thing since Bane.

Takeda:

Short and sweet. b.121xxOH toss has a delay inbetween strings to get Ferra back. Low blocking the third hit of b.121 will push Torr too far back to hit mid with his next b.121. Also throw works.

Please note, this is an even more crisp and precise timing than Raptor's video, meaning this is AS CLOSE as its going to get to the real thing. I grinded the timing of b.121xxOH to b.121xxOH to a frame at the most.

Summoner Quan Chi.
this one was done using the forward step method. Had to re-do the timing, but same results. 9 frames beats it out, meaning you're neutral at best. Throw still works, so on.
This thread is godlike lol well done!

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
my new favorite poster @Doombawkz good shit bro your foot steps will be followed in the future homie..... much <3

Sad the age we live in, we have to do all the work when others get to easily point there finger. This was dumb as someone complaining about goro tigrar fury f3 flame breath in the corner lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.