What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr [Block Infinite] challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
In your video, you didn't walk forward before performing b1. @Red Raptor said that was the best way to get the timing right to get Ferra back on you. That would also (maybe) prevent the b1 from whiffing?

*Not saying I know, presenting potential arguments and inconsistencies in testing is all.

Second. Can we take a look at Erron Black? 7f d1 in beta, but in the current game frame wise he should have Takeda syndrome
If you walk forward you're still opening up the same frames. My way is literally 100% optimized. You aren't wasting a single moment.
Walking forward gets ferra on you exactly as fast, but you're still left gimping yourself. For the sake of it, I'll post another video of me taking a step forward after if it would appease you.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

so im watching ur video and comparing to red raptors. In your video, FT is def not in takedas face. He's further away than he is on red raptors video.

Would distance have any affect on it? Kind of like cassie's nut punch having more advantage if she hits them when they are higher in the air?

legitimate question
No difference. Ferra being on your back a frame faster and you walking forward a step isn't going to make your 10 frame move any faster since you're wasting 3 frames going from neutral to moving to neutral again.

No difference. Ferra being on your back a frame faster and you walking forward a step isn't going to make your 10 frame move any faster since you're wasting 3 frames going from neutral to moving to neutral again.
so basically i guess red raptor was just mistiming it? If that's the case, i apologize.

Jolt

Uprise
If you walk forward you're still opening up the same frames. My way is literally 100% optimized. You aren't wasting a single moment.
Walking forward gets ferra on you exactly as fast, but you're still left gimping yourself. For the sake of it, I'll post another video of me taking a step forward after if it would appease you.
I put a slight edit in my post, you probably missed it. You aren't proving anything to *me*. I don't care, I love Ferra/Torr. But as a lab monster, it's your duty to prove to the naysayers beyond all disbelief. Especially since you're capable of doing so.

If it's fine, it's fine. Either way, someone's getting blown up and that's what I like to see. @SneakyTortoise we need Salt Report here kthnx

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Hello. As a lab monster, it sickens me to see everyone cling to this idea of a "block infinite" that isn't even close to one.

So I extend to the community a challenge. Find me any character you believe CANNOT get out of this blockstring and I will post for you two videos: One at point blank and one at optimal/peak distance to show you that every character can get out of this with ease.

I challenge you, community, to prove that you aren't just shitting the bed out of your own lack of knowledge.
I challenge you to prove your grievance. I plan to expose every single person who dares assume they know my character better than we, the mains, do.

Show me your shame, community. Allow me to show you why you haven't learned a thing since Bane.

Takeda:

Short and sweet. b.121xxOH toss has a delay inbetween strings to get Ferra back. Low blocking the third hit of b.121 will push Torr too far back to hit mid with his next b.121. Also throw works.

Please note, this is an even more crisp and precise timing than Raptor's video, meaning this is AS CLOSE as its going to get to the real thing. I grinded the timing of b.121xxOH to b.121xxOH to a frame at the most.
You are standing farther away than raptor was, which is why your grab, d2 , and d1 reached. Of course if you stand that far away your thing will get hit out of, like really.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You are standing farther away than raptor was, which is why your grab, d2 , and d1 reached. Of course if you stand that far away your thing will get hit out of, like really.
Updated with Quan chi using the step-forward method Raptor did.
Even at a range where b.121 hits as a mid, everything still trades because the step-forward takes 3 frames.
9 frames win.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
so basically i guess red raptor was just mistiming it? If that's the case, i apologize.
I put a slight edit in my post, you probably missed it. You aren't proving anything to *me*. I don't care, I love Ferra/Torr. But as a lab monster, it's your duty to prove to the naysayers beyond all disbelief. Especially since you're capable of doing so.

If it's fine, it's fine. Either way, someone's getting blown up and that's what I like to see. @SneakyTortoise we need Salt Report here kthnx
Check the OP, now with more Quan Cheese.
His 9 frames beat the thing clean, I don't know how to do his combos but those are probably good starters.
Torr being closer is even worse for him because he loses the advantage his long limbs normally give him.

I'll try to find another candidate and do both optimal range and step forward to see if that makes it any different, but its not looking like it.

Jolt

Uprise
Check the OP, now with more Quan Cheese.
His 9 frames beat the thing clean, I don't know how to do his combos but those are probably good starters.
Torr being closer is even worse for him because he loses the advantage his long limbs normally give him.

I'll try to find another candidate and do both optimal range and step forward to see if that makes it any different, but its not looking like it.
Looks like we're done here, folks. Everyone return to ignoring F/T please so that I can pick them up. (In all seriousness, I *am* picking them up regardless)

But for shits and giggles, Erron Black?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Looks like we're done here, folks. Everyone return to ignoring F/T please so that I can pick them up. (In all seriousness, I *am* picking them up regardless)

I'm on the case.

I'll even do Liu Kang so they can stop bitching about their 9f poke.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Good stuff. Now all that needs to be done is for someone to post it in the ferra torr infinite thread and bam, done. 16bit said characters were getting low poke buffs due to this so rip when certain characters get a 7f d1 lol

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008

I'll glady help you train, been a main since day one, and while I'm prolly not as good as the other mains, I know the character just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.