What's new

THE FEMALE MK2 NINJA SKINS WILL BE ON ROTATION IN THE PREMIUM STORE UNTIL JANUARY 4TH!

Comments

I decided to not get any of the two packs for Kitana. I never pick her, so i don't really need them. I want to save around 2k crystals for Kold War Skarlet. Hopefully it will be available soon.

Wow, i don't have a single gear piece from Kitana's bundle. It costs little more than 1300 crystals for me.

Wow, i don't have a single gear piece from Kitana's bundle. It costs little more than 1300 crystals for me.
While I want the "pure" colour skin, I decided to get this Kitana bundle so I could have the Klassic Mask, and if I ever want to make an "Assassin" custom Variation, the black will look more like her Mortal Kombat XL counterpart.

Still though, for the two skins and mask, as I had all the other items, 910 Time Krystals. Not cheap.

Idk, the skins make them look like they aren't very athletic or muscular, this is the first time iv thought I was a more fit than a mortal kombat character lol

Has that been available yet, as I'm waiting on it as well. I also want the all blue Kitana one.

I'm on PC though, and it looks like we're getting each bundle a day late.
i got the all blue kitana one and today i thought it would be the all green jade but it was kitannas blue and black one . didnt know i had the all blue one days ago lol.

i got the all blue kitana one and today i thought it would be the all green jade but it was kitannas blue and black one . didnt know i had the all blue one days ago lol.
Odd, on PC at least, the only Kitana bundle was yesterday, and it was her Blue and Black ones. Today, pure Red Skarlett is in the Premium Store.

Odd, on PC at least, the only Kitana bundle was yesterday, and it was her Blue and Black ones. Today, pure Red Skarlett is in the Premium Store.
pure red for ps4 was yesterday and then today is kitannas blue and black one. and it has a timere for 45 hours so im guessing jade all green with be tomorrow for ps4 that will complete them all for me

So I wasted over 3k to get Skarlet and Kitana skins and they weren't even the best ones. Now I'm out of krystals. Amazing!
if you play KL you get tons of krystals that way. and if you play the towers of time and rank the highest percentage you get krystals. just by playing the game i acquired 15000 krystals. my main is jax so i rarely spent any krystals on anybody else or in the store. glad i was patient

They even have this exact question in Q&A, saying if there are any cosmetics only available through the store and their answer is "no". Which is BS.
Keep in mind, if they add the Skins and Gear to Towers or Krypt Events or whatever later on, the FAQ will actually prove true.

Time will tell.

I'm a little annoyed that they just didn't give us all the skins in one offer, like the "variants" so to speak. But whatever, I have them all so far on Xbox, and I have the Kit and Jade ones on Switch(though not the Kitana blue) since I don't really use her. But waiting for the Jade. Also, I think they need to give us more time krystals for KL, 50 is nothing lol. I did the gauntlet but I forgot how many you get for doing it was so long ago.

You know I can see both sides to the argument, yet one thing that just doesn't work for me is - male MK2 ninja skins were free with the Kombat pack, whilst female MK2 ninja skins aren't? Either make both free with the pack, or both cost something.

Just feels a bit one-sided like "pay up if you want to see some thighs and underbun", especially since, questionable flattery-level aside, this is the only Skarlet skin readily available where you can even see her arms and legs :oops:

male MK2 ninja skins were free with the Kombat pack, whilst female MK2 ninja skins aren't?
Something similar was done with Mortal Kombat (2011). The Klassic Mortal Kombat (1992) male ninja skins and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 female ninja skins were pre-order bonuses based on retailer. i.e. Sub-Zero's was via a Best Buy pre-order, Kitana via Toys R Us, Reptile's via Amazon, etc. All of these skins were on-disc too.

A few months post-launch, they released the Klassic Skin Pack and you could purchase and unlock all seven Klassic skins.

With each DLC character released though, additional Klassic skins were released, to all, for free. Klassic Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Sub-Zero, Mortal Kombat II Smoke, Kitana, Jade, and Noob Saibot, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Sub-Zero were all free.

I don't understand what the problem is over these costumes. I've pretty much earned many of these costumes just by playing the game. I ran low so I replenished my crystal stock with a few bucks to get the Jade ones. It was my choice. I could have played some more to get them but I figured what the hell? Why not? Besides, these extra funds I gave them could go towards the creation of more content in the form of stages and characters. I don't mind throwing them a bone for that type of stuff.

male MK2 ninja skins were free with the Kombat pack
Were free with the KP... that you paid real money for :confused:

whilst female MK2 ninja skins aren't
Which are actually free assuming that you pay with crystals earned in game.

So you're happy to pay for something so long as there is some vague semblance of being free, but not with obtaining something that is actually free in terms of actual $ spent? Yep, that's sound logic.

The people that should be bitching are those that want the classic ninja pack, but don't want to pay for the KP characters. So WTF are they supposed to do? You can't get them in game, they're not part of the store, you can't even buy them as a standalone pack. So the only option is to pay for the KP to get the "free" skins.

Or like i'm going to do, wait and maybe at some stage they'll be available as a standalone option. If that doesn't happen, well it's my loss.

They even have this exact question in Q&A, saying if there are any cosmetics only available through the store and their answer is "no".
And even if it was in the game at this moment, you don't play anything but KL, so why would that even matter? You still wouldn't get it.

Just because it's not available right this very moment doesn't mean that they won't be at some stage. The point is you can still get them right now for nothing more than some game time.

Being able to link accounts would help this situation too. I probably have like a million krystals on my PS4 account where I was grinding everything. Multiple times through The Krypt, completed every tower I saw, Gauntlet etc. And then had to start over on PC. I really don't want to go through that grind again. I'd rather enjoy the game now which I bought twice, with KP....

Were free with the KP... that you paid real money for :confused:

Which are actually free assuming that you pay with crystals earned in game.

So you're happy to pay for something so long as there is some vague semblance of being free, but not with obtaining something that is actually free in terms of actual $ spent? Yep, that's sound logic.

The people that should be bitching are those that want the classic ninja pack, but don't want to pay for the KP characters. So WTF are they supposed to do? You can't get them in game, they're not part of the store, you can't even buy them as a standalone pack. So the only option is to pay for the KP to get the "free" skins.

Or like i'm going to do, wait and maybe at some stage they'll be available as a standalone option. If that doesn't happen, well it's my loss.

And even if it was in the game at this moment, you don't play anything but KL, so why would that even matter? You still wouldn't get it.

Just because it's not available right this very moment doesn't mean that they won't be at some stage. The point is you can still get them right now for nothing more than some game time.
Actually you can buy the male Ninja Skin pack as a standalone pack. You can buy any character or any skin pack individually, except the MK3 Sonya skin and the two skins for Cassie (Harley Quinn and classic):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/UP1018-CUSA11395_00-00MORTALKOMBAT11/1?relationship=add-ons

Other then that you're right, as people still have to pay real money to get it no matter what, while the female Ninjas can still be earned by gameplay in some capacity. And yes it's fucked up that people don't realize that if you do pay for the KP, you basically pay for everything in it, just in advance, so if the female Ninja Skins were included there, you would still pay for them, just in advance instead of right now.

Also regarding the Q&A, it is possible that it still holds true because they didn't plan in advance that they will put those skins in the KP and only now they decided to add them to the store exclusively, that's also a possibility. So while the Q&A is outdated ATM, it might still holds true. And like you and others said, they might add the Skins in the future to game to method that isn't related to Time Crystals.

And for the people who complain about the nakedness and the T&A of them, after seeing the comments both in this and other threads here, it's more obvious the ever that you do just want the nakedness and that's all you care about. I don't give a fuck how you spin it, it's as clear as day. I know that TYM is already a bad place as it is, but making anti-SJW comments just out of place and out of touch, especially that we already have skins for other female characters that prove otherwise and it's all about the realism in MK11, plus matching it to MK2 as MK11 is an updated version of it. And if you only do it as joke and nothing more, that joke has already become more outdated the Virtual Boy console, just like those childish cries about tits and ass. Get over it already.

I'm so happy that we got the MK2 female Ninja skins, and they are all look incredible. period.

Last edited:
Having the option to pay for things you don't want to grind for is fine. What you guys are ignoring is the price of it. Over $60 if you want all variants of the klassic costumes. That is fucking insane any way you look at it. And then having a time limit on top of it to pressure people into grabbing them is just the cherry on top of this shit sundae

@Zviko That would be amazing. One thing I love about Killer Instinct is that it is indeed cross-save between PC and Xbox One. So I can truly play on either platform when I choose and have the same items. If Mortal Kombat 11 had cross platform unlocks, I'd have bought the Xbox One "Premium" Version already so I could do the same (I also own the PC version of the game).

@Roy Arkon Wait, there's a Klassic Cassie Skin?

@Kiss the Missile Absolutely, the dollar value of the skins is ridiculously overpriced; everything in the Premium Store is when you look at it. That's why I personally have no intention of ever purchasing Time Krystals and will only ever spend ones I've earned in-game, and even then, I'm going to be very selective of what I purchase. Prior to these skin and gear packs, I believe I've purchased about three things since launch.

It'd be nice if we could buy Time Krystals with the other 3 in-game currencies, I've got literally millions of coins and nothing to spend them on.

Like I dunno, 500 Time Krystals for 1,000,000 coins or 10,000 souls or 1000 hearts?

Or just please, let me trade in these hundreds of easy fatality tokens on ANYTHING!

Last edited: