What's new

General/Other - Mournful The Essence of Jade- Mournful Variation Breakdown

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Jade was pretty much the only female in MK9 whose playstyle fit me, so I'll probably be using Mournful if I have to use Kitana.
That's the problem. Mournful seems nothing like Jade. If anyone, Takeda seems to be the most like her playstylewise.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
That's the problem. Mournful seems nothing like Jade. If anyone, Takeda seems to be the most like her playstylewise.
Yeah, I understand what you mean. Though I have to admit Mournful still looks more appealing to me than Assassin and Royal Storm, but that may be because I always love choosing the odd one out.

I agree, the game hasn't even been released and people are already overlooking Mournful. The second I saw the air glaive's I determined the variation looks solid. LBSH, the only reason people think mournful is "gimmicky" or a "terrible variation", is because people on here hate Jade and just don't understand. For all we know, depending on your playstyle, Mournful could be just as good as Royal Storm and Assassin. We don't know yet.
I love Jade and think mournful is gimmicky and terrible.:D

Slymind

Noob
Don't play Jade, but she is my favorite Edenian, i loved to see her being played in the past

I really hope Kitana gain new normals using the staff, would be a missed oportunity if not, but tbh, of all Kitana's variations, the mournful seemed to be lacking the most even when it was the most distinct, is she supposed to be the middle ground between zoning and offense? 16 Bit on the konnections video, mentioned she would be able to do more mixups or something.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I love Jade and think mournful is gimmicky and terrible.:D
I understand.

Look, I grieved with all of you when we found out our girl was savagely murdered. But I've accepted it and now have embraced this creative idea to include Jade through Kitana.

I will represent the Mournful variation with great satisfaction. ;)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Don't play Jade, but she is my favorite Edenian, i loved to see her being played in the past

I really hope Kitana gain new normals using the staff, would be a missed oportunity if not, but tbh, of all Kitana's variations, the mournful seemed to be lacking the most even when it was the most distinct, is she supposed to be the middle ground between zoning and offense? 16 Bit on the konnections video, mentioned she would be able to do more mixups or something.
Yeah, I heard something along the lines of her combo ability will be lowered but she will have mix ups and solid pressure.

I'm hopeful. The air glaieves look solid, imo.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
Anyone else think the glaive is pretty much the same as Kung jins chakra?

Is predator gonna have his returning disc?
Lol how many characters want returning weapons! Ahem.. Kung Lao
Even takeda!

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Anyone else think the glaive is pretty much the same as Kung jins chakra?

Is predator gonna have his returning disc?
Lol how many characters want returning weapons! Ahem.. Kung Lao
Even takeda!
A throwing weapon is a throwing weapon. Nothing you can do about that. It's like saying is a boomerang the same, all those weapons were designed to come back to the user.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
I used Jade on the side when I played casuals with a friend since I don't own the game, and I have grown to fall in love with the green beauty, to the point where she is my main in MK3. This variation seems a bit held back in my opinion, like they are still trying to make Kitana have some kind of presence in a variation that's supposed to be about her best friend.

In my opinion, I feel like this should be a total overhaul for Kitana, a brand new way of fighting so it can really stand out among her other variations. Give her the projectile immunity buff and some cool Jade inspired normals.

I'm biased, Jade was my soul mate :3

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
A throwing weapon is a throwing weapon. Nothing you can do about that. It's like saying is a boomerang the same, all those weapons were designed to come back to the user.

True. But Kung Jin didn't need it.. I get that it's a nod to Kung Lao but it seems kinda uninspired.
Like they should change it from just going forward and back like jades and have it bounce off shit or fly in a weird triangle shape. That would be interesting.

Anyway, back to jade.. I mean kitana.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I used Jade on the side when I played casuals with a friend since I don't own the game, and I have grown to fall in love with the green beauty, to the point where she is my main in MK3. This variation seems a bit held back in my opinion, like they are still trying to make Kitana have some kind of presence in a variation that's supposed to be about her best friend.

In my opinion, I feel like this should be a total overhaul for Kitana, a brand new way of fighting so it can really stand out among her other variations. Give her the projectile immunity buff and some cool Jade inspired normals.

I'm biased, Jade was my soul mate :3
She can't use glow because it's Jade's kekkei genkai