What's new

The Elite Thread

This threads purpose is to list the players who I consider are elite level at MK2 thru my 11 years EXP at playing the game online
and having some people tell me im the best mk2 player in the world before we get started ill give some context to that heres
TYMs own mk2 mod calling MIKECALDWELL the best player in the world 8 years ago heres the thread link

Fast forward some years and I have surpassed MIKECALDWELL in mk2 as ive beaten him in all sets we have played since 2015
heres our latest set we played.

Now unto the list of players who i consider top tier best in the world at Mortal Kombat 2 in no particular order
Rocky Rose-
Foozer1
KanoMK2
Xiongbros
Fusion117
btbb99
Real_Talk718
Divine

and thats about it for the elites that list is the BEST OF THE BEST mk2 players of alltime
maybe here in a week or so ill do a ALL time mk2 scrubs list with explanations
it should be fun but ill hold off for now

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It always makes me chuckle when people make top X amount best players in the world or whatever and include themselves. I learned a long time ago that if you’re actually the best or one of the best, you never have to actually say it. You either let your play do the talking, or others will do the talking for you. I’ve definitely done this before where I made a list of “best players in X” and included myself, and even if it’s true, it never comes across as good as you think it does. Not saying you shouldn’t be confident or even believe you’re one of the best if not THE best. But being humble is a lot better than being cocky and/or arrogant. Just my 2 centarinos

Also, good games in the video you posted. Were those casuals you were playing or what? Just curious.

It always makes me chuckle when people make top X amount best players in the world or whatever and include themselves. I learned a long time ago that if you’re actually the best or one of the best, you never have to actually say it. You either let your play do the talking, or others will do the talking for you. I’ve definitely done this before where I made a list of “best players in X” and included myself, and even if it’s true, it never comes across as good as you think it does. Not saying you shouldn’t be confident or even believe you’re one of the best if not THE best. But being humble is a lot better than being cocky and/or arrogant. Just my 2 centarinos

Also, good games in the video you posted. Were those casuals you were playing or what? Just curious.
MIKECALDWELL was considered the best player by all mk2 scene on this site and rawmk2 from 2011 till 2015
and I 20 streak the guy nowdays.If you read the post link I linked mkbill used to be known as dciguy on mk2
and he has won tourneys and knows the game well and he called mikecaldwell the best player in that thread

There are no usa players left but me and divine on pc mk2 so I didnt expect anyone to reply for awhile
Kung leo is considered the best chile player and Divine beat him badly and then I BEAT DIVINE 6 to 0
ill link you 1st link is divine a USA player crushing the best CHILE player heres the match

second link ME vs Divine

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Excuse me but this is the MK2 section on TYM
who are you some MK11 player???
An MK11 player? I’m insulted.

To answer your question I am a UMK3, MKD, MKA, Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Marvel, Tekken, MK9, Skullgirls, Injustice, Killer Instinct & MKX along with many other fighting games player like I was a mean Boba Fett in Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi, Jade Dragon in Tao Feng & Anubis in War Gods. I do not tether myself to a single game or franchise & especially not MK11 or Mortal Kombat.

An MK11 player? I’m insulted.

To answer your question I am a UMK3, MKD, MKA, Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Marvel, Tekken, MK9, Skullgirls, Injustice, Killer Instinct & MKX along with many other fighting games player like I was a mean Boba Fett in Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi, Jade Dragon in Tao Feng & Anubis in War Gods. I do not tether myself to a single game or franchise & especially not MK11 or Mortal Kombat.
Me either I play SF 2 HF and MK9 heres a fanboy of mine from 10 years ago making a tribute video of me in SF 2 HF

I played skullgirls on VITA years back

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
MIKECALDWELL was considered the best player by all mk2 scene on this site and rawmk2 from 2011 till 2015
and I 20 streak the guy nowdays.If you read the post link I linked mkbill used to be known as dciguy on mk2
and he has won tourneys and knows the game well and he called mikecaldwell the best player in that thread

There are no usa players left but me and divine on pc mk2 so I didnt expect anyone to reply for awhile
Kung leo is considered the best chile player and Divine beat him badly and then I BEAT DIVINE 6 to 0
ill link you 1st link is divine a USA player crushing the best CHILE player heres the match

second link ME vs Divine
I don’t think you quite understood my point, but aight.

Also, you didn’t answer my question. Maybe you just didn’t see it. Were the matches you posted in the OP casuals?

Also, if there was a reliable way to play MK2 with good netcode, I’d practice and play against you. Unfortunately for both MK2 and UMK3 (and every classic MK game, hell even MK9), the netcode for all these games are beyond trash. Hopefully we will one day see a re-release of MK2 AND UMK3 (and/or MKT) on all platforms with roll back netcode. But that’s a dream I’ve had since 2006 UMK3 and a dream that will probably never come true, sadly.

Also, you didn’t answer my question. Maybe you just didn’t see it. Were the matches you posted in the OP casuals?

Also, if there was a reliable way to play MK2 with good netcode, I’d practice and play against you. Unfortunately for both MK2 and UMK3 (and every classic MK game, hell even MK9), the netcode for all these games are beyond trash. Hopefully we will one day see a re-release of MK2 AND UMK3 (and/or MKT) on all platforms with roll back netcode. But that’s a dream I’ve had since 2006 UMK3 and a dream that will probably never come true, sadly.
Yea I didnt see it,The btbb99 videos are from a site tourney and
so is some others but me vs mike caldwell was more heated than a tourney
becuase he hates my guts LOL id say 40% are casual play while 60%
either were from some form of brackett tourney play
or just someone who was also recording while playing me
hopeing to win some and post me losing LOL

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Hopefully we will one day see a re-release of MK2 AND UMK3 (and/or MKT) on all platforms with roll back netcode. But that’s a dream I’ve had since 2006 UMK3 and a dream that will probably never come true, sadly.
Well I remember MKAK was actually supposed to be Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection with all new digitalized actors but the project was cancelled but we got meh ports & they removed the Midway-era Xbox Live Arcade Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 port that was on Xbox 360 that was actually pretty great.

I wouldn’t say never, less plausible things have happened like Rambo & RoboCop of all characters being in an MK game but NRS knows that any remaster/remake/rerelease of Mortal Kombat game MK9 & back (except MK:SF) would be a gold mine. Not sure if it’s not enough resources, WBIE being assholes, laziness or just sheer greed for why they haven’t done anything. I would love if they did a Halo Master Chief Collection of all the pre-MKX games.

ded

Elder God
The best player for MKII in the 90s was considered Jason Wilson if I remember correctly. In the 2000-2010 there are were a lot of names - dino, mk2prince, zaq, killermiller (from Europe) and few others, which i do not remember to be honest. i remember kensidji as well, and it's good that he still plays, but i think he was very rusty in the matches against you, as the guy probably have not played vs mk2 since a decade.

no clue what happened after that, but it's good there is still high level mk2 scene.

The best player for MKII in the 90s was considered Jason Wilson if I remember correctly. In the 2000-2010 there are were a lot of names - dino, mk2prince, zaq, killermiller (from Europe) and few others, which i do not remember to be honest. i remember kensidji as well, and it's good that he still plays, but i think he was very rusty in the matches against you, as the guy probably have not played vs mk2 since a decade.

no clue what happened after that, but it's good there is still high level mk2 scene.
Hey there love your mk2 videos from the past,mk2prince is known as divine these days hes a mvc1 and mk2 player
I started as a member on rawmk2.com back in 2011 playing mk2 and played with MIKECALDWELL and btbb99
for a year before I was any good.Theres VERY FEW USA mk2 players left at all most I message about mk2 and they
never reply about playing it again or just moved on from it completly.I did NOT put kensidj on the elite list of players
because he lost to Real_Talk718 and Xiongbros and even me in 2011 when I first started but players like mikecaldwell
in 2011 for me was very tough to beat even 1 game but I could go 5to 5 with kensidj even in 2011 LOL

Reactions: ded

nwo

Noob

I played a guy from Russia last night on Fightcade (UMK3), we had 200ms, but it felt like we had about 100ms. I'll give Figthcade credit, because I was surprised that it was even halfway playable. MAME wouldnt be even close to playable with 200ms.

I think MAME is better for close range matches (100ms and under) and Fightcade is better for long range, but I don't think we're ever going to be able to play these games perfectly online. Even running an ethernet cable across the street to your neighbors house probably wouldn't be perfect, these games were designed to be played on the same machine, using the same monitor.

I played a guy from Russia last night on Fightcade (UMK3), we had 200ms, but it felt like we had about 100ms. I'll give Figthcade credit, because I was surprised that it was even halfway playable. MAME wouldnt be even close to playable with 200ms.

I think MAME is better for close range matches (100ms and under) and Fightcade is better for long range, but I don't think we're ever going to be able to play these games perfectly online. Even running an ethernet cable across the street to your neighbors house probably wouldn't be perfect, these games were designed to be played on the same machine, using the same monitor.
Hey I remember you from years back,are you the guy who has the clown obama pic on your youtube channel?
I swear mk2 is dying off even on fightcade theres hardly any USA players left and most of the chile players
are scrubs or incapable of improving their game.Im gonna do an MK2 alltime SCRUBS thread soon
along with the backstories on how each makes the list ECTONAUT will be on it LOL