What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yeah, let me get one pan pizza with bacon and jalapenos, a side order of lava cakes and a twenty ounce Coke. Okay thanks, you do the same... Bye.

ErMac333

Noob
I think so far:
Thunder Buddies: Rain + Fujin
Ant Eater: Sareena (black fur, white stripe, female being hinted in the lyrics and it's also Bi Han animality which could have a slight connection to it)

Just my guesses, would love to see Reiko though, for anyone reading the komics and is up to date, you know what I'm talking about and why now's the time.

Noob
I think so far:
Thunder Buddies: Rain + Fujin
Ant Eater: Sareena (black fur, white stripe, female being hinted in the lyrics and it's also Bi Han animality which could have a slight connection to it)

Just my guesses, would love to see Reiko though, for anyone reading the komics and is up to date, you know what I'm talking about and why now's the time.
I think we have been going on this incorrectly, lets look at what we know seems to be hints for KP2:

We know Boon has kinda hinted at being a Story Pack, So lets assume all characters will be from the story;
Thunder Buddies, Seems more a Fujin hint than a Rain one, but lets assume both
Ant Eater, Seems to me like its only a coincidence for Noob and more of a hint for Either Sareena or more likely Sindel ( Sindel being the more finished of all the previously mentioned)
As much as i really really want Noob, and i think he would sell So well, i think Noob is not in their plans, more inclined that Smoke or Sareena will take the remaining slot available, meaning, it brings some truth to the Story Pack Hint Boon gave a while back...

PLZ let me be proven wrong and get me my Noob BOON

ErMac333

Noob
@14K yeah, I also think this is gonna be a highly story mode oriented pack to be honest. Rain has as much weight as Tanya in the story, so I can see him in. Sareena seems to be a fan favorite lately, been reading a lot of requests, specially from a vocal few... so yeah, I can see Smoke happening due to requests too, although I'd rather see someone else.

Whatever it is, I hope Sareena also makes the next game with Noob in the initial roster. Wanna see how the tension between a possible encounter will build. Smoke will be really welcome in the next game too, they could get rid of Ermac and Reptile for a while and make some rotation since all they've been doing is jobbing lol

Noob
@14K yeah, I also think this is gonna be a highly story mode oriented pack to be honest. Rain has as much weight as Tanya in the story, so I can see him in. Sareena seems to be a fan favorite lately, been reading a lot of requests, specially from a vocal few... so yeah, I can see Smoke happening due to requests too, although I'd rather see someone else.

Whatever it is, I hope Sareena also makes the next game with Noob in the initial roster. Wanna see how the tension between a possible encounter will build. Smoke will be really welcome in the next game too, they could get rid of Ermac and Reptile for a while and make some rotation since all they've been doing is jobbing lol
Yeah i feel thats how its gonna go, My Noob Biased has me crawling up walls and scream cause i just want him in, but my more considered side is telling me to bid my time and wait cause i think he has a big part to play in the story to follow... i mean In the previous timeline he reactivates Smoke and creates his own army to fight the Lin Kuei etc... so i think both those 2 are better suited as something like a side Evil for the next game, Sareena also seems to fit better in the continuity with Li mei etc... than just being added for no special reason... ohhh gotta wait 4-5 more years for my Noob -.-

My guess is that if we were to get 4 additional DLC, (And I say this according to NRS's previous DLCs and rosters in general.....also boon's interviews in the past, etc..) Then one of them has to be a guest/new character. I know it's so sad if something like that happens but...

ErMac333

Noob
Yeah i feel thats how its gonna go, My Noob Biased has me crawling up walls and scream cause i just want him in, but my more considered side is telling me to bid my time and wait cause i think he has a big part to play in the story to follow... i mean In the previous timeline he reactivates Smoke and creates his own army to fight the Lin Kuei etc... so i think both those 2 are better suited as something like a side Evil for the next game, Sareena also seems to fit better in the continuity with Li mei etc... than just being added for no special reason... ohhh gotta wait 4-5 more years for my Noob -.-
That's how I feel about Noob and Jade, they both just dispeared after MK9 events, Noob in the soulnado and Jade was the only revenant not even making a cameo, that's A LOT strange considering fan request for her. Sareena I can easily see being added though, Li Mei I see as a better fit to the next game, right now she's not even trained by Bo'Rai Cho, just hope these kharacters have the MKX costumes as alternates, cause I really like how Li Mei turned out!

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Noticed ed boon tweeted a pic of an ant eater , is t that noobs animality? If we're getting noob he better have a bihan/subzero variation!
I feel like hes gonna have the ice ball, but I wonder what hes gonna look like? Pitch black skin and a mask? White and black outfit with a mask only over his mouth?

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
If they do have a Kombat Pack 2 the only character I would want that was in the last MK is Noob, and I would take Sareena over him thinking about it. Give other characters a chance

Robotic

Gentleman.
I'll make it easy for NRS, from a marketing/resources/already hinted at perspective:

1. Fujin should be in because this makes 2 MKs in a row where he is being requested and nowhere to be found...yet. I've heard arguments that his moveset is a problem only because others already have wind based attacks, but if there's one thing NRS is actually really good at, it's interesting and we'll thought out specials, so I'm not worried about that. Thunder buddy indeed.

2. Frost or Sareena, but not both. Only because I can hear them now in their meetings saying, "how bout the female?". I see this as a foregone conclusion. Sindel could be the sleeper due to her moveset.

3. Baraka. Because he wants his brother's arm back (you know NRS will do this because laziness). He's already in the game.

4. Rain, as FreeLC. In fact, because of the money made on mk and the fact that I seriously doubt they would make u pay twice for the same character, it makes sense to release Rain for free as a thank u for supporting them with money.

In order, Baraka, a chick, and lastly Fujin in the Hurricane Pack with Rain for free, some extra costume for Raiden and a wet based costume for sub. Done. Hire me NRS.

Last edited:

Noob
Oh, I thought it said Sindel instead before.
Noob may be tag teamming in MKX soon.
Boon Straight up playing with ppls emotions mang... not funny, in all seriousness the only way i see myself buying KP2 is with Smoke or Noob, dont really care about anyone else honestly...