What's new

Breakthrough - Swarm Queen The D'vorah and Predator MU

Lol at a safe read are you serious? If predator did literally anything else it's a full combo punish. The hate is real it's just a game if you look at someone pressing the down button 10 times as disrespect then I can imagine when someone talks about your mother
full combo punishable at the start of a round with nothing on the line is still safe. Not like you coulda lost the game/resources or got sent to losers bracket.

.....wut? that is the stupidest reasoning i've ever heard.....

its safe because its not happening in tourney......
its safer/less bold because it's the first round with full life. A hard read would be riskier if it could get you killed/lose you meter/ lose a set or game/cost you money. It's a relatively risk free read seeing as all it does is put him down 20-30% in an online match in some situations(there are plenty of possibilities where he doesn't get full combod there). So yeah I think calling it a "bold read" is a little stupid, might as well call Kung Jin waking up ex swing a bold read.

JORGIE

Noob
its safer/less bold because it's the first round with full life. A hard read would be riskier if it could get you killed/lose you meter/ lose a set or game/cost you money. It's a relatively risk free read seeing as all it does is put him down 20-30% in an online match in some situations(there are plenty of possibilities where he doesn't get full combod there). So yeah I think calling it a "bold read" is a little stupid, might as well call Kung Jin waking up ex swing a bold read.
And the stupidity award goes to..

And the stupidity award goes to..
i guess someone whose never played for anything more than bragging rights wouldn't understand how the same read can be more impressive depending on different circumstances. Walking in a straight line isn't very cool, but doing it on a wire in between the wtc is cool enough for multiple movies. Daigos full parry is far less impressive if he's at full life. Sonic fox clutching out rounds with caltrops is only clutch when it's in grand finals and he's low, in a regular game when he's dominating it's just an amusing finish. The same action performed under different circumstances can be more/less impressive.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Damn I'm probably getting an xbox this week since my boy is trying to sell me his for a good price. If I end up getting it I'll def let you know but I'll have to get used to the controller
Sweeeeeet. I need more players on xb1. I play a ton of the dsv and khaotic guys but meh. I wanna play pro players but 80% of em play ps4. I do play crazy steady and PL a lot tho

JORGIE

Noob
i guess someone whose never played for anything more than bragging rights wouldn't understand how the same read can be more impressive depending on different circumstances. Walking in a straight line isn't very cool, but doing it on a wire in between the wtc is cool enough for multiple movies. Daigos full parry is far less impressive if he's at full life. Sonic fox clutching out rounds with caltrops is only clutch when it's in grand finals and he's low, in a regular game when he's dominating it's just an amusing finish. The same action performed under different circumstances can be more/less impressive.
You must have me confused for someone who plays competetively. I was simply showing tech with humor. Take your misery to another thread

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
If was a Predator, I would've definitely D4'd to check a F1. I can't blame the guy for armoring out the first chance he got either considering that's pretty much one of the very few options Predator has against D'vorah, besides poking out and going for his vastly inferior pressure and 50/50s.

JORGIE

Noob
Yeah at first i thought maybe that built meter but then i was like "oh wait hes just being an ass". You probably should go for the corner carry rather than showboating.
Lol I feel you man but I play this game for fun. It's because of the hit adv of ex bug giving me enough time to tbag or 4 u3s (and the gdlk d2) that I even picked up d'vorah in the first place. I understand I can corner carry but if I'm playing online it's usually because I'm home drunk so I like to have as much fun as possible. If I were a competetive/tourney player then I might take the game more seriously but I don't so I don't, feel me?

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
Lol I feel you man but I play this game for fun. It's because of the hit adv of ex bug giving me enough time to tbag or 4 u3s (and the gdlk d2) that I even picked up d'vorah in the first place. I understand I can corner carry but if I'm playing online it's usually because I'm home drunk so I like to have as much fun as possible. If I were a competetive/tourney player then I might take the game more seriously but I don't so I don't, feel me?
Nothing wrong with playing for fun but playing dvorah and pulling off those bug cancels takes alot of time and practice. More than most casual players would put into it.