What's new

General/Other - Shinnok The Downplayers of Bone Shaper Shinnok

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Because in the NRS community, crying = nerfs/buffs incoming.
Dude, you can't fight against it. Let the futility overtake you. It's better that way.

Think of it like this man, you can just sit back, roffle and watch. When the final patch comes around and like six months later that tier list for it flies out, it's like a black and white, clear as crystal photograph of every pathos, nervosa and turd of idiocy that ever infected the NRS community at any point.

And you get to wash away in the everlasting waves of sweet, sweet vindication.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dude, you can't fight against it. Let the futility overtake you. It's better that way.

Think of it like this man, you can just sit back, roffle and watch. When the final patch comes around and like six months later that tier list for it flies out, it's like a black and white, clear as crystal photograph of every pathos, nervosa and turd of idiocy that ever infected the NRS community at any point.

And you get to wash away in the everlasting waves of sweet, sweet vindication.
The only way evil can prevail is if good men do nothing. I'll shall fight the powa, I'll be the hero TYM needs, not the one it deserves. I'll fight for all those that can't fight. I'll be the voice of reason. I'll be... eh nvm, I'm too lazy.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Maybe all the Kano players were really bad
First of all, never use the word "all" in reference to the select few foolish enough to still dare pick Kano at the character select screen.

Secondly, the fact their skills were so godly that they were able to make Kano look semi-competent in losses against vastly superior characters is a testament to the players advanced skill levels, since it takes SonicFox like mastery to simply look respectable with this character.

:DOGE Or :coffee:? The world may never know.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
WTF is wrong with this community? why there is always crying about a new character being broken or too goodt each week?, and also top players supporting the drama?, Soon, who would we be calling broken? You will start seeing brokenness when the end of patching comes I promise!!!!!!!!! If NRS don't stop listening to all this drama they will ruin this game completely, lots of people are quitting because of this too.
NRS did a pretty good job with Tanya, as evidenced by the fact that she still made Top 8. Quan Chi was touched, but is still good, D'Vorah was touched but still makes Top 8, and Erron Black, etc.

It seems like everything has been done well -- I don't understand this point about people quitting due to the adjustments or NRS ruining the game. They've been handling things fine so far.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I think someone nailed it when they said the posers picked up BS and tried to use the lack of MU knowledge and his strengths to go far.

I don't recall seeing one player in too 32 from what I saw that maimed BS Shinnok from the first month or even second month.

It's a bandwagon thing that will continue as long as their is a perceived top tier character around or the flavor of the week.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If BS Shinnok was harder to use, you wouldn't have seen anywhere near as many BS Shinnok's. BS Shinnok is good, but he doesn't do anything crazy. He just has solid setplay and has almost a non existent execution barrier (imo). He's easy to learn, and not many people know the match-up. This plus a lot of money on the line = people picking him up in hopes of getting an easy but shallow win. A lot of people succeeded, but even the veteran Shinnok players were beaten.

Shinnok is just the next character on the flavor of the month list. Just like Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Tanya, Kung Lao, Cassie, Raiden, Erron Black, etc. Once people learn the MU, hopefully the crying will stop, or at least lessen.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
While the EVO Mortal Kombat X stream is on an intermission, I would like to take the opportunity to identify and make fun of some individuals who made, and continue to make, preposterous predictions about Bone Shaper Shinnok, who has been running through pools just like Usain Bolt runs through a 100-meter dash. Albeit I am sure more exist, the following people exhibit, and I use this term scarcely, a certain "douchebaggery" and narcissism, especially when confronted by conspicuous evidence as though the pools were not packed with Shinnok players like a cheap can of sardines at a dollar store.

Anyway, let us begin with who else but the Master of Downplaying and Buffoonery himself! This quote is directly taken from a thread on this web site shortly after the most recent patch.

OK. Interesting. Tell me more. What about Shinnok's EX hell sparks "normalization"?

Actually, he does. He gets to loop f+4,1,d+2 xx EX hell sparks for as long as he has access to one bar.

The CEO top 8 placer also decides to step in and opine.

As he is attempting to make (very poor) sarcastic remarks, someone had to inform him that REO had just lost to a Bone Shaper Shinnok player in pools and that the stream is being polluted with Bone Shaper Shinnok players.

Nonetheless, the idiocy continues. The downplaying ascends to a whole new level that has never before been witnessed by the NRS community outside of Cowboy's two-week insanity about Sinestro when he was on his period.

LOL.

Finally, the "Old School Legend" takes a break from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and chips in.

Really? What was your bold prediction?

I assure you that I have asked about these "weaknesses", but I have not yet received a coherent response. I am certain that a player like REO is incessantly checking his cellphone in Las Vegas and impatiently waiting for Juggs' advice on how to defeat Shinnok.

List other foolish quotes in this thread please.

Thank you.
I don't bother reading anything you say anymore.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Boneshaper aint the best or anything.

But it is the easiest to get the most results with the least amount of skill. He even has a literal flowchart don't get much more laid back than that.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If BS Shinnok was harder to use, you wouldn't have seen anywhere near as many BS Shinnok's. BS Shinnok is good, but he doesn't do anything crazy. He just has solid setplay and has almost a non existent execution barrier (imo). He's easy to learn, and not many people know the match-up. This plus a lot of money on the line = people picking him up in hopes of getting an easy but shallow win. A lot of people succeeded, but even the veteran Shinnok players were beaten.

Shinnok is just the next character on the flavor of the month list. Just like Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Tanya, Kung Lao, Cassie, Raiden, Erron Black, etc. Once people learn the MU, hopefully the crying will stop, or at least lessen.
Half of those characters became less popular after they were nerfed lol.

Lao and Cassie are still incredibly popular picks and complained about. People are calling Lao the best in the game. The only character on that entire list that people simply "adjusted to with MU exp" while the bandwagon fell on its own is Quan Chi, not counting his minimal nerf.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Lmao Man, shut up.

If you didn't think tele needed to be touched then you're a fucking idiot, like seriously, and that goes for all of you Tanya wannabes. That was literally the only issue I had with the character as well as other competent players. KB stilll has amazing damage output, chip and move set to do basically whatever the fuck she wants. You all just can't tele like fairies anymore since that broke the essence of the stamina system, yet NRS didn't even get that right since you can still special cancel upon touching the ground. It's still the same fucking character. You think Reo or MIT would use her if not? lol Shinnok is just the flavor of the week.

Now, please don't post stupid shit just to post stupid shit just to look cute.
Blah blah blah, calm down there bruh.

Of course I agreed with her Tele being nerfed. I just find it amusing you are telling people to stop crying and to level up when APPARENTLY that wasn't acceptable for Tanya players to spout back then.

You sound just like the "competent" people who now think BS Shinnok might need some "adjustments". Lol

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Bone Shaper is beast. Numbers are always telling. When everyone and their grandma not only switches to Shinnok, but has a ton of success after making the switch, it is very telling.
It kind of goes without saying, but a lot of the good players that were looking forward to the variation system helping them with character loyalty issues have since turned into "flavor of the patch" players. If we aren't going to get a change to let character patches play out, of course travelers are gonna jump ship to a character that will give them a better chance of not wasting their money. Give it a patch or two and everything will change, again.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I've been using Bone Shaper and his other variations since day one. He is a little brain dead currently but some 'very minor' tweaks can adjust that.

Firstly the character has improved a lot since he first came out, but his play style in each variation has barely changed.

The entire issue with this character currently, comes from Dark Beam. If it was +3 on hit and -6 on block he would be more manageable to fight. Help, Amulet Strike would benefit from having frames like that as well.

Everything else is mostly fine and if you disagree why weren't you complaining earlier?

The character is meant to be safe and pressuring like Bison from Street Fighter. The problem with NRS is their version of safe is being extremely plus on block.

I hope that if they adjust the character, that they only make a change similar to what I suggested. Don't change the way he actually has played up until now.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I've been using Bone Shaper and his other variations since day one. He is a little brain dead currently but some 'very minor' tweaks can adjust that.

Firstly the character has improved a lot since he first came out, but his play style in each variation has barely changed.

The entire issue with this character currently, comes from Dark Beam. If it was +3 on hit and -6 on block he would be more manageable to fight. Help, Amulet Strike would benefit from having frames like that as well.

Everything else is mostly fine and if you disagree why weren't you complaining earlier?

The character is meant to be safe and pressuring like Bison from Street Fighter. The problem with NRS is their version of safe is being extremely plus on block.

I hope that if they adjust the character, that they only make a change similar to what I suggested. Don't change the way he actually has played up until now.

I agree, perhaps +3 on hit is a bit low, but I agree.

I'd like the return of the +24 MB HLs for impostor and necromancer that were already unused before before the nerf tho.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I agree, perhaps +3 on hit is a bit low, but I agree.

I'd like the return of the +24 MB HLs for impostor and necromancer that were already unused before before the nerf tho.
I don't think he needs a guaranteed overhead but you know that's just me.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I don't think he needs a guaranteed overhead but you know that's just me.
I am talking post nerf. The projectile is the cause of most of these problems: from zoning to extreme safeness, nerf that and we have our old nobody-cared bone shaper back, and he could use that +24 too I belive. Also you can react to that overhead.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
He doesn't need +24 Hell Sparks he just needs to be safe and spend meters to become plus. This whole everlasting blockstring nonsense the game has actually needs to be reduced not increased. It seems that NRS are trying to to do something about it. If we're not part of the solution we are part of the the compound.

This is what I really think Shinnok needs and this will help every variation he has. These modest suggestions as the character is already great.

SUGGESTIONS

<<D,B+2+Block (HELL BLAST) to have reverse trajectory. Projectiles to start where Hell Sparks end and travel back towards Shinnok. Frame data adjusted to match HELL SPARKS>> (Change)

<<B,F+1 (AMULET STRIKE) to become +3 on hit and -6 on block>> (Buff)

<<B,F+1+Block (AMULET CURSE) to become -6 on block but gain armor and now hits High.>> (Change)

<<B,F+1 (DARK BEAM (Bone Shaper) to become +3 on hits do -6 on block>> (Nerf)

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I think a lot of people need to learn the difference between "very good" and "broken"
Just nerf shinnok's meter gain and he'll be fine, i don't want to see him crippled just because

snort

Noob

For real, people act like he's top 5 when theres no way in hell he is.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
First of all, never use the word "all" in reference to the select few foolish enough to still dare pick Kano at the character select screen.

Secondly, the fact their skills were so godly that they were able to make Kano look semi-competent in losses against vastly superior characters is a testament to the players advanced skill levels, since it takes SonicFox like mastery to simply look respectable with this character.

:DOGE Or :coffee:? The world may never know.
Isn't it kind of weird that we only really saw Cybernetic abd Commando, but no Cutthroat?
RIP KNIFEBOIYZ

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Dat shit be borked.
Needs some honest to God adjustment.
And if you want to call me out on it, I direct your attention to who I'm STILL maining even after the nerfs. She deserved the nerfs.
Downplaying needs to stop this early or we'll end up with another fucked up game.

@General M2Dave how many Bone Shapers are there in top 8?? Exactly ! And you can't say there weren't enough of them for at least one to make top 8 if he is really broken. Character is very much beatable and high level players worthy of evo top 8 know how it is done!
Apologize!