What's new

General/Other - Shinnok The Downplayers of Bone Shaper Shinnok

M2Dave

Zoning Master
While the EVO Mortal Kombat X stream is on an intermission, I would like to take the opportunity to identify and make fun of some individuals who made, and continue to make, preposterous predictions about Bone Shaper Shinnok, who has been running through pools just like Usain Bolt runs through a 100-meter dash. Albeit I am sure more exist, the following people exhibit, and I use this term scarcely, a certain "douchebaggery" and narcissism, especially when confronted by conspicuous evidence as though the pools were not packed with Shinnok players like a cheap can of sardines at a dollar store.

Anyway, let us begin with who else but the Master of Downplaying and Buffoonery himself! This quote is directly taken from a thread on this web site shortly after the most recent patch.

cR WoundCowboy said:
Well, if you don't want to have a logical argument and instead brand me a downplayer, that's your choice. Boneshaper's time is limited.
OK. Interesting. Tell me more. What about Shinnok's EX hell sparks "normalization"?

cR WoundCowboy said:
Stahp. He has to meter burn it to be safe, and now he doesn't get anything off of it if he uses it in the neutral.
Actually, he does. He gets to loop f+4,1,d+2 xx EX hell sparks for as long as he has access to one bar.

The CEO top 8 placer also decides to step in and opine.

D. R. said:
Man, where are all of these BS Shinnoks at to win Evo? The character is CLEARLY broken.
As he is attempting to make (very poor) sarcastic remarks, someone had to inform him that REO had just lost to a Bone Shaper Shinnok player in pools and that the stream is being polluted with Bone Shaper Shinnok players.

Nonetheless, the idiocy continues. The downplaying ascends to a whole new level that has never before been witnessed by the NRS community outside of Cowboy's two-week insanity about Sinestro when he was on his period.

D. R. said:
RS Kitana tool set > BS Shinnok tool set.
LOL.

Finally, the "Old School Legend" takes a break from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and chips in.

Juggs said:
Looks like my Boneshaper Shinnok EVO prediction was accurate.
Really? What was your bold prediction?

Juggs said:
He's really easy to learn and use, his setplay is simple to understand and execute. Once it gets to the later stages, those who actually prepared for EVO and learned the MU will expose Shinnoks weaknesses.
I assure you that I have asked about these "weaknesses", but I have not yet received a coherent response. I am certain that a player like REO is incessantly checking his cellphone in Las Vegas and impatiently waiting for Juggs' advice on how to defeat Shinnok.

---

To be clear, this thread is not an attack on the character. Bone Shaper Shinnok is a top tier zoning character who is one of my primary characters. This thread is a criticism of Shinnok players who believe he is a mid tier character (i.e., Cowboy) and those who have the pretentious, self-aggrandizing, and aberrational attitude of believing only they have the solution to Shinnok's dominant gameplay (i.e., namely D. R. and Juggs).

Last edited:
While the EVO Mortal Kombat X stream is on an intermission, I would like to take the opportunity to identify and make fun of some individuals who made and continue to make preposterous predictions about Bone Shaper Shinnok, who has been running through pools just like Usain Bolt runs through a 100-meter dash. Albeit I am sure more exist, the following people exhibit, and I use this term scarcely, a certain "douchebaggery" and narcissism, especially when confronted by conspicuous evidence.

Let us begin with who else but the Master of Downplaying and Buffoonery himself! This quote is directly taken from a thread on this web site shortly after the most recent patch.

OK. Interesting. Tell me more. What about Shinnok's EX hell sparks "normalization"?

Actually, he does. He gets to loop f+4,1,d+2 xx EX hell sparks for as long as he has access to one bar.

The CEO top 8 placer also decides to step in and opine.

As he is attempting to make poor sarcastic remarks, someone informed him that REO had just lost to a Bone Shaper Shinnok player in pools and that the stream is being polluted with Bone Shaper Shinnok players.

Nonetheless, the idiocy continues. The downplaying, in particular, ascends to a whole new level that has never before been witnessed by the NRS community outside of Cowboy's insanity about Sinestro.

LOL.

Finally, the "Old School Legend" takes a break from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and chips in.

Really? What was your bold prediction?

I assure you that I have asked about these "weaknesses", but I have not yet received a coherent response. I am certain that a player like REO is incessantly checking his cellphone in Las Vegas and impatiently waiting for Juggs' advice on how to defeat Shinnok.

List other foolish quotes in this thread please.

Thank you.
Dave I am sure Wound was speaking of Impostor saying that he doesn't get any pressure after MB HS just another attempt at a mix up. He doesn't have the f41d2 string.
The other stuff is hilarious because I am guilty of this "downplaying" as well.
But I can give you one of BS's weaknesses.Surprisingly he doesn't control the air well. And before you blow me up , saying HS control all the air - It does prevent going into the air at certain distance but at a sweep distance (you can jump at him from that distance) and fullscreen away it doesn't. That is why characters like Kitana or Pyromancer Tanya do good against him while zoning at fullscreen being airborne)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
But seriously, I've been told but cannot confirm that it is true myself that you block low against shinnok after EX hellsparks then if he doesn't instantly do the low it means you can backdash the overhead or armour through or whatever.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
My 20 minutes in the lab BoneShaper is more effective than my 2 month old Jacqui... In most match ups, and while using smart and safe play. Of course I only know exactly what to do with this character from watching others play him. But the fact that if I want to, I can inflict damage while taking no risks whatsoever as long as I'm patient is kinda funny.

Oh well... He is the Boss character.

But seriously, I've been told but cannot confirm that it is true myself that you block low against shinnok after EX hellsparks then if he doesn't instantly do the low it means you can backdash the overhead or armour through or whatever.
You can in theory. But actually reacting to that in a match is impossible at least for me. You probably can train yourself to always armor/ backdash after blocking low at a certain timing that covers all that but that would be hard as well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Bone Shaper is beast. Numbers are always telling. When everyone and their grandma not only switches to Shinnok, but has a ton of success after making the switch, it is very telling.

The polar opposite of Kano. Should tell you something in both situations. (You know I had to throw it in, but my BS Shinnok point stands :DOGE)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Dave I am sure Wound was speaking of Impostor saying that he doesn't get any pressure after MB HS just another attempt at a mix up. He doesn't have the f41d2 string.
The other stuff is hilarious because I am guilty of this "downplaying" as well.
But I can give you one of BS's weaknesses.Surprisingly he doesn't control the air well. And before you blow me up , saying HS control all the air - It does prevent going into the air at certain distance but at a sweep distance (you can jump at him from that distance) and fullscreen away it doesn't. That is why characters like Kitana or Pyromancer Tanya do good against him while zoning at fullscreen being airborne)
You should tell all those players like REO to use UltraDavid's OS to get out EVERY TIME as you said in previous threads.

:-P

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Bone Shaper is beast. Numbers are always telling. When everyone and their grandma not only switches to Shinnok, but has a ton of success after making the switch, it is very telling.

The polar opposite of Kano. Should tell you something in both situations. (You know I had to throw it in, but my BS Shinnok point stands :DOGE)
Bruh, did you not SEE that godlike match between that average Liu Kane and Showtime?

#NerfKano