What's new

The DEAD SPACE Thread <3.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Not exactly...

Contact beam does 175 damage instantly. Javelin would do whatever it's upgraded damage is and then another round to do the extra 200, so... it's 2 shots versus one.

175 + 175 = 350
50 + 200 = 250 Upgraded all the way it's probably a lot closer.

So, they're probably around the same power?
But at the same time, the javelin shoots faster, recovers faster, has cheaper ammo, more capacity, and less punishment for missing. I think the javelin is the all around best. The contact beam is like Ermac, sure he hits hard when he lands, but I'd rather be Sonya all around.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
No matter, ammo's alot easier to find. Plus you have to charge the Contact Beam up.
You sure it's easier to find? Seems to me that whatever gun I've bought is usually the ammo that I find. Or maybe I'm crazy. lmao

It's cheaper though.

Enenra

Go to hell.
You sure it's easier to find? Seems to me that whatever gun I've bought is usually the ammo that I find. Or maybe I'm crazy. lmao

It's cheaper though.
A lot easier. Depending on resale value of the ammunition, the ammo is more or less plentiful to find. It also relates to weapons in your inventory. But if you have a contact beam and a javelin, you'll find a fuckton more javelin ammo. Likewise, if you only have a javelin or only have a contact beam, the game will provide more javelin ammo than it would contact ammo.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
A lot easier. Depending on resale value of the ammunition, the ammo is more or less plentiful to find. It also relates to weapons in your inventory. But if you have a contact beam and a javelin, you'll find a fuckton more javelin ammo. Likewise, if you only have a javelin or only have a contact beam, the game will provide more javelin ammo than it would contact ammo.
But it does depend on what you're carrying? ... I knew it felt like the ammo types I found changed when I switched weapons.

Enenra

Go to hell.
But it does depend on what you're carrying? ... I knew it felt like the ammo types I found changed when I switched weapons.
It does. You"ll still find ammo for guns you don't have, but it will be far less prevalent than the ammo for guns you do have.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
DS: Aftermath...I thought it couldn't get more fucked up tha Downfall...I thought wrong.

Kutner & his daughter = one of the most fucked up horror flick angles I've seen in a while :(

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Enenra

FUCK... I'm so pissed right now. Died at the damn train part AGAIN. Ran out of plasma cutter ammo trying to kill those little fuckers coming at you while you're upside down and only had one javelin shot when the brute or w/e they're called came out of the train... couldn't cut off that one arm. Fucking squashed by the train! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Trying this shit again tomorrow and I'm not wasting money on that shit javelin again. I saw a guide and he used the seeker rifle. So that's what I'm gonna go with.

I hate hardcore.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Enenra

FUCK... I'm so pissed right now. Died at the damn train part AGAIN. Ran out of plasma cutter ammo trying to kill those little fuckers coming at you while you're upside down and only had one javelin shot when the brute or w/e they're called came out of the train... couldn't cut off that one arm. Fucking squashed by the train! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Trying this shit again tomorrow and I'm not wasting money on that shit javelin again. I saw a guide and he used the seeker rifle. So that's what I'm gonna go with.

I hate hardcore.
Oh yeah dude, don't use the Javelin at the beginning. It's for the end, it is SO good for the end. Once you have enough nodes to upgrade it loads then take off the nodes off something not so useful anymore, sell that shit and buy the javelin. I'd stick with just the Plasma Cutter for the first few chapters.

I think on the last few chapters I ended up selling my plasma cutter to upgrade my contact beam and javelin almost completely (the explosive on the javelin and the alternate shot stasis on the contact beam are most important) and just stuck with those to the end.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Oh yeah dude, don't use the Javelin at the beginning. It's for the end, it is SO good for the end. Once you have enough nodes to upgrade it loads then take off the nodes off something not so useful anymore, sell that shit and buy the javelin. I'd stick with just the Plasma Cutter for the first few chapters.

I think on the last few chapters I ended up selling my plasma cutter to upgrade my contact beam and javelin almost completely (the explosive on the javelin and the alternate shot stasis on the contact beam are most important) and just stuck with those to the end.
I didn't use it... I just went ahead and bought it since I had the money. But I ran out of plasma cutter ammo while I was upside down and only had that one javelin shot left. =/ OH and a useless line rack. lol

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
I didn't use it... I just went ahead and bought it since I had the money. But I ran out of plasma cutter ammo while I was upside down and only had that one javelin shot left. =/ OH and a useless line rack. lol
Iduno, I think the Line Rack is pretty good in the beginning, just probably not the very beginning haha. But yeah, just stick to the Plasma Cutter, level up it's damage, spend your first bit of money on extra ammo rather than weapons you're not going to use for the moment if you find you're running out.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I played & completed dead space 2 on hardcore, it was really good and fuck me did i spend like some time dying on the last 20-30 minutes up to the last boss' save point, only to go back like 3-4 hours. My xbox got real hot too from leaving it on pause for days/nights until i felt up to giving it another go.

For people worrying about guns, try focusing your attention to criticals with the plasma cutter, cut as many limbs off as you can account for with as little amunition as you can, and use the limbs to kill other enemies, ammo is precious and expensive. Also if you see something spiky, make sure your'e always picking it up and carrying with you for the next enemy you see, you dont pay for spiky things, but you pay out of the arse for ammo.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Dammit... made it to chapter 7 and saved. So that's my first save... but I just fucking died in chapter 10 in the ...

damn medical wing of the ishimura. ugh... now I gotta do all that shit all over again. T_T ... I'm using the Seeker Rifle and Contact Beam. Plasma rifle is still there as a backup. FUCK, I knew I shoulda saved before going into the damn med wing and just gone to bed.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Enenra

I just beat it on Hardcore!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I can't believe it AND it only took me one try on the final boss! XD

I used the seeker rifle (max damage upgrades), the force gun (max alt damage upgrades), and pulse rifle (no upgrades). NO JAVELIN, SO HA! :p

Saved at beginning of chapter 7, mid chapter 11, and end of chapter 13.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
How is everyone doing so far? I've recently started on Hard for DS1. Not gonna lie, I'm scared. I've already ran out of ammo twice (though it wasn't so bad) I'm just scared for later on when the big boys come into play. I've been tryin' to use the force, but it seems like it isn't that effective. I'm currently about a quarter ways done in Chapter 2. (Just got the thermite or whatever you call it) It's worth noting that the first door that asks you if you wanna use a power node to open it IS worth it. You get a Large and Medium health pack, a goldsemiconductor (which is woth 10,000 credits I think) and an audio log (I love these). I think I'm gonna open all doors, as it is my second playthrough. (only on a harder difficulty) I only have the Plasma Cutter, I buy about 3 ammo packs, and save the rest for suits.

I'm starting on 2 today. :eek:

Lt. Box Sgt Reed 24 Enenra

Enenra

Go to hell.
Enenra

I just beat it on Hardcore!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I can't believe it AND it only took me one try on the final boss! XD

I used the seeker rifle (max damage upgrades), the force gun (max alt damage upgrades), and pulse rifle (no upgrades). NO JAVELIN, SO HA! :p

Saved at beginning of chapter 7, mid chapter 11, and end of chapter 13.
I'm going to try a one gun zealot run with no saves (hardcore is survivor mode with 3 saves).

Lt. Box Squeaker101 Sgt Reed 24 Gun recommendations? I'm thinking Seeker rifle, or more realistically Pulse rifle.

And good luck Squeak!

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I'm going to try a one gun zealot run with no saves (hardcore is survivor mode with 3 saves).

Lt. Box Squeaker101 Sgt Reed 24 Gun recommendations? I'm thinking Seeker rifle, or more realistically Pulse rifle.

And good luck Squeak!
Is this for DS2? I wouldn't know, I've only played normal with the PC and the PR. (was like 3 quarters done, then someone deleted the game off the xbox :mad:)

I'll leave this to Sgt Reed 24 Good like Enenra!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
How is everyone doing so far? I've recently started on Hard for DS1. Not gonna lie, I'm scared. I've already ran out of ammo twice (though it wasn't so bad) I'm just scared for later on when the big boys come into play. I've been tryin' to use the force, but it seems like it isn't that effective. I'm currently about a quarter ways done in Chapter 2. (Just got the thermite or whatever you call it) It's worth noting that the first door that asks you if you wanna use a power node to open it IS worth it. You get a Large and Medium health pack, a goldsemiconductor (which is woth 10,000 credits I think) and an audio log (I love these). I think I'm gonna open all doors, as it is my second playthrough. (only on a harder difficulty) I only have the Plasma Cutter, I buy about 3 ammo packs, and save the rest for suits.

I'm starting on 2 today. :eek:

Lt. Box Sgt Reed 24 Enenra

When you're using your nodes at a workbench, ALWAYS keep at least one node with you at all times. I open EVERY node door I find. They are definitely worth it. Lots of conductors in these rooms and they are worth tons of credits.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

And good luck Squeak!
The seeker rifle is AMAZING! I never realized this until I used it as my main weapon in that hardcore run. 2 shots kills are awesome. lol

However, you don't get the seeker rifle right away. I'd go with either the Plasma Cutter or Pulse Rifle and upgrade them as much as you can until you get the seeker rifle. Then respec your nodes and put them all in the seeker rifle.

OH, also another problem with the seeker rifle is... you don't get the schematic for the seeker ammo until really late in the game. So if you go seeker, you'll need a backup weapon for a while.

Enenra

Go to hell.
The seeker rifle is AMAZING! I never realized this until I used it as my main weapon in that hardcore run. 2 shots kills are awesome. lol

However, you don't get the seeker rifle right away. I'd go with either the Plasma Cutter or Pulse Rifle and upgrade them as much as you can until you get the seeker rifle. Then respec your nodes and put them all in the seeker rifle.

OH, also another problem with the seeker rifle is... you don't get the schematic for the seeker ammo until really late in the game. So if you go seeker, you'll need a backup weapon for a while.
I will have it right away, lol. But I take that as a vote for seeker... Ok, I just need a night of being completely free and I'll do my no save run on Zealot with Seeker rifle only.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I will have it right away, lol. But I take that as a vote for seeker... Ok, I just need a night of being completely free and I'll do my no save run on Zealot with Seeker rifle only.
Only noobs play on new game plus where you get to keep all your stuff! :p