What's new

The DEAD SPACE Thread <3.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Is Dead Space available on PS3? I remember watching DeadSpace: DownFall and I thought it was one of the sikkkkest animateds I ever seen.....and probably scarier than 95% of LIVE-ACTION movies I have seen in my life. Space is scary enough....but to imagine creatures like THAT existing. Fuck you, Space.

OMG Son, U don't know what you are missing....you need to play GOW 1,2,3...in order especially if you liked Devil May Cry series and/or Rygar. AMAZING shit. These are all games you can't judge accordingly until you 100% each of them respectively.
Yeah, it's on PS3

aj1701

Noob
The asteroid shooting "minigame" was my most frustrating gaming experience to date. I failed it so much that I took a break from the game, but then I decided to give it a few more tries and I made it :eek:.
Lol. I put it down to take a break.... Two years ago.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
What was your favourite death scene guys?

Im pretty undecided but Stross' death is pretty violent. Screwdriver to the temple...ouch
Missing the eye machine :(

Or getting fucking tentacle raped...

I got pretty far in Hardcore mode, then my xbox froze! It was right before the first disc was done... didn't want to save till I got to the 2nd disc. However I own it on PC now and will just push through it when I have the motivation again...

I mean seriously...I did 7 day survivor in Dead Rising....

Enenra

Go to hell.
BUT I HATE THE JAVELIN! :(

can't you use any other guns in it's place?
No other gun is as damaging, economic, node efficient, and maneuverable. It is the best gun behind the foam finger, idk why you wouldn't use it/like it :)

It's possible you could replace the javelin with the seeker rifle, but you have to have amazing reflexes and miss very little. It's also a hell of a lot harder to use than snipers in CoD, but you will have to quick scope regularly like it was CoD.

SO yeah, I'd get over your hatred for the javelin and just use it. It's amazing, and beats everything.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
That's it... I'm starting DS2 tonight on insane or w/e it's called and I'm gonna beat it and NOT use the Javelin!

Ripper is da bes.

Enenra

Go to hell.
That's it... I'm starting DS2 tonight on insane or w/e it's called and I'm gonna beat it and NOT use the Javelin!

Ripper is da bes.
Good luck. I have hopes, but I think you're going to get fucked up in chapter 10 and beyond without a power weapon you can afford to keep up.

Enenra

Go to hell.
plasma cutter IS the power weapon. ;)
Bosses, mini bosses, black necros, and large crowds all beat out the cutter. The last three levels and final boss will buttfuck you if you try the cutter.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but I have tried out many strategies at a high skill level and have found what does and doesn't work, and why :)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So, looking at the wiki...

Plasma Cutter: 18 max damage
Pulse Rifle: 9 max damage
Contact Beam: 175 max damage
Force Gun: 35 max damage
Rivet Gun: N/A
Seeker Rifle: High (lol)
Javelin: N/A
Detonator: High
Flamethrower: 1.5 max damage (LOL)
Ripper: 12 max damage

So what's the Javelin's damage?

Also, you know what Issac needs?! ... A BETTER MELEE! It's too slow and sweeping. We need a way to conserve ammo.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Sgt Reed 24 & Lt. Box

Lrn2telekinesis.

oh and if you're good you don't really need any other gun, I was plowing through hardcore mode. Force gun is your close range weapon, and the Javelin is really awkward to use on a controller.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Sgt Reed 24 & Lt. Box

Lrn2telekinesis.

oh and if you're good you don't really need any other gun, I was plowing through hardcore mode. Force gun is your close range weapon, and the Javelin is really awkward to use on a controller.
I <3 The Force

But I gotta see if this Javelin is as good as Enenra claims.
I gotta play like I'm playing MK and play to win...bloodily.
And violently.
And with many painful weapons and curbstomping grunts.

I gots to have my toys.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I love using the force, though I need practice. I tend to just mash the hell outta square and pick up some useless thing. Though you can't blame me, anyone would do it if a Necromorph was charging at you.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Yeah, you should be using TK as much as possible.

I am also curious about the Javelin gun. I remember trying to get the achievement for fully upgrading all the guns...i could do that one next.

Enenra

Go to hell.
So, looking at the wiki...

Plasma Cutter: 18 max damage
Pulse Rifle: 9 max damage
Contact Beam: 175 max damage
Force Gun: 35 max damage
Rivet Gun: N/A
Seeker Rifle: High (lol)
Javelin: N/A
Detonator: High
Flamethrower: 1.5 max damage (LOL)
Ripper: 12 max damage

So what's the Javelin's damage?

Also, you know what Issac needs?! ... A BETTER MELEE! It's too slow and sweeping. We need a way to conserve ammo.
Lt. Box

That's per shot. So by the time the cutter has gotten it's second shot, the pulse rifle has well exceeded the 18.

The Javelin's base damage is 50 I believe, and the explosion is around 200

Enenra

Go to hell.
So each shot is more powerful than a Contact beam?

Shit now i really gotta try this out
Fully upgraded alternate fire dismembers brutes one shot if you hit them in a yellow spot. You gotta get it upgraded all the way though :\

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So each shot is more powerful than a Contact beam?

Shit now i really gotta try this out
Not exactly...

Contact beam does 175 damage instantly. Javelin would do whatever it's upgraded damage is and then another round to do the extra 200, so... it's 2 shots versus one.

175 + 175 = 350
50 + 200 = 250 Upgraded all the way it's probably a lot closer.

So, they're probably around the same power?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Not exactly...

Contact beam does 175 damage instantly. Javelin would do whatever it's upgraded damage is and then another round to do the extra 200, so... it's 2 shots versus one.

175 + 175 = 350
50 + 200 = 250 Upgraded all the way it's probably a lot closer.

So, they're probably around the same power?
No matter, ammo's alot easier to find. Plus you have to charge the Contact Beam up.