What's new

The Conclusion of MKXL at CEO 2016

Again, no shade but aside from a few moments

Scar's 67%
Grand Finals
Forever King vs Slayer

There was a lot of time where people were on their phones during this top 8. But, like I said I enjoyed it more for the chance to meet some of you, compete myself and enjoy a weekend at a Hotel in Florida.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
The real problem was the low tier heat. Jesus man i haven't been that hot since i lived in Nigeria lol. But it was an amazing event, my first ceo that will definitely not be my last

Error404

Noob
SF V looks awful and plays like its under water , but atleast losing in that game doesn't feel nearly as shitty and unfair as loosing to any of the dumb 50/50 characters in this game. It's a shame because I genuinely loved this game before it got butchered with the XL patch.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
SF V looks awful and plays like its under water , but atleast losing in that game doesn't feel nearly as shitty and unfair as loosing to any of the dumb 50/50 characters in this game. It's a shame because I genuinely loved this game before it got butchered with the XL patch.
Have you played against a Mika before?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
There were two Aliens, two Takeda's, a Mileena and 3 characters that couldn't get it done. This time around there were 3-4 Aliens, two Mileenas, a Sonya and 2 characters that couldn't get it done. Gonna go out on a limb and say the EVO top 8 will be filled with Alien, Takeda, Mileena and Sonya and then ONCE AGAIN, some characters that just aren't gonna cut it. The hypest matches in this top 8 were when Sonic would pull out Erron or Scar would switch it up (although the 67% x-ray combo was ridiculous).
Scratch the EVO part - forgot it was 2/3. Anything could happen.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Mika has to work you into the cornee for that nutty stuff, all alien has to do to make you guess is have you block a half screen normal with no hurtbox on it that coyld also be overhead or low...

Meanwhile Alien made up half the top 8, not even close
Mika has the nutty stuff midscreen as well. The full screen low gets alien nothing besides a knockdown.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Main difference being that SF games are supported for 4 years vs. MKX's 1 year. What's unbalanced now may not be at the end of the game's life, but this is the end game for MKX. And it's trash. Not sure why you're trying so hard to defend what is clearly ass.
Bill lbsh for a minute, you're still living in the age that MK9 is/was the best (NRS title) and everything after it sucked. MK9 had glaring issues as well my man

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Mika has the nutty stuff midscreen as well. The full screen low gets alien nothing besides a knockdown.
Then where are all the mikas abusing it on their ways to top 8 and taking over with their braindead character?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Then where are all the mikas abusing it on their ways to top 8 and taking over with their braindead character?
Correct me if I'm wrong, is this not the first tournament in a while where a Mika hasn't been in the top 8?

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
The game has a ton of character variety, 3/4 of the variations are viable and people only see Alien lol. This is the only time we see another Mileena together with foxy in top 8, but for some reason we should have EVO filled with Mileenas too.

You guys just like to complain about everything and anything

9_Lives

Noob
How about you guys crying about diversity improve and put some of these other characters on display? It shouldn't be up to the players to "switch it up" for your entertainment. Have some respect for the guys that made it and continue to improve your own levels of play.
Hey man! I remember you from ComboBreaker. My name was WarMach33n. You double eliminated my Sektor. Q_Q Are you on PSN or XBL?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Scar's Smoke was dripping swag. Same with PL's. I just wish we got to see PL vs Hayatei. Wasn't it 3-0? Hayatei is usually extremely dominant and that would have been cool to see it happen from a Smoke.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Watches top 8 of a 200-man major. Calls the game dead.

How about you hop off from behind your keyboard and travel?

That's how the game stays alive.

I did travel for this game. A few times. Even established a local scene and held locals (paid for the venue too BTW) for awhile until NRS fucked the game up because crybabies crying. And then slowly watched the game die out.

Sorry but the games dead. It's slowly going to dissipate and before this next 6 months is up, it'll probably be at side tournament status.