What's new

The Conclusion of MKXL at CEO 2016

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
That's the same amount of characters in the MKX top 8 my man
I meant people who played different characters. Not like our top 8 who had 3 people who switched to another character. But its cool, i enjoyed watching some of the matches. Specifically scar sonic and semiij.

Reactions: Jer

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Do FGC events ever have a Cosplay runway? I heard the cosplay at CEO was really great but can not find any images or video of it...

This is all I found a random twitter post...

Also while I am here... the Stream really failed to get across how awesome CEO was.. (like what is the point of music intros if the stream can not evcen hear it) There needs to be a mic in the crowd or something... but check this pic... looks so much more epic than the stream seemed.

Ok we all know the game is severely unbalanced character and gameplay wise. Why must we why keep repeating it every chance we get?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yes. It was still bad pre KP2 but i feel KP2 didn't help. Only dragon was really doing well with Tanya and Occasionally MIT when he decided to play her. You didn't see 3/4 tanya in top 8 consistently like at CEO after the nerf. Now we see lots of alien. Sonya stayed mostly the same. And now we have Kano/Milena which i think is worse than tremor and Lao. At least those top Tiers we didn't see 4 of before KP2. Top 8's where kinda diverse except for Sonic still winning. Quan was dumb but we only saw one person consistently do well. It probably doesn't help that Alien has 2 good variations that are dumb in their own way
Don't forget Sonic Fox, Dab, REO, and everybody else who was playing her. We went from Sonic Tanya vs. Dragon Tanya -> Sonic Alien vs. Dragon Alien. But there are still less Alien players than there were Tanyas pre KP2.

shura30

Shura
I'm rooting for woundcowboy from now on, those clutch drops costed him a lot against SF but he's one of the player that has the most chances at winning against him

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm rooting for woundcowboy from now on, those clutch drops costed him a lot against SF but he's one of the player that has the most chances at winning against him
yeah that match was so exciting!! I just can not get over how awesome the CEO event was.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Don't forget Sonic Fox, Dab, REO, and everybody else who was playing her. We went from Sonic Tanya vs. Dragon Tanya -> Sonic Alien vs. Dragon Alien. But there are still less Alien players than there were Tanyas pre KP2.
sonic fox barely played her. Only for a few event for a few MU's after CEO. Dab barely traveled and also had other characters he would use like Jackie. REO also didnt consistently use her at all. After they nerfed her Reo mostly stopped using her and went to HQT. We still only saw a few tanyas in top 8 events after she got nerfed before evo. Like i said in my previous post i was referring to after she got nerfed not the few events where everyone did use her. Alien atm is dominating top 8's more and events. People seem to be ignoring that slayer also used alien at CEO this year. Sonic fox also didnt tanya mirror dragon that often since he did have kitana. He did use tanya at NEC against slayer and against scar at KIT IIRC. even then thats 2 tanya in top 8 and not 3/4 aliens

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
LMAO @ ppl trying to compare sfv character diversity in top 8 to mkx.

This top8 was definition of resident sleeper lol

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I think Alien is pretty hype imo. It is like a "heel" wrestler. I'm so into the fight hoping it will be taken down, and apart from a few matches Alien was pretty much destroyed constantly in the top8.
If he was ever a heel, he's this one...
...because they both suck, get way too much airtime, and are boring as hell.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
People talking like alien dominates every top 8. Have we really forgotten about combobreaker already?
There were two Aliens, two Takeda's, a Mileena and 3 characters that couldn't get it done. This time around there were 3-4 Aliens, two Mileenas, a Sonya and 2 characters that couldn't get it done. Gonna go out on a limb and say the EVO top 8 will be filled with Alien, Takeda, Mileena and Sonya and then ONCE AGAIN, some characters that just aren't gonna cut it. The hypest matches in this top 8 were when Sonic would pull out Erron or Scar would switch it up (although the 67% x-ray combo was ridiculous).

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah and SFV has half the characters MKXL has, not to mention SFV's top 16's usually have a big variety of characters, including the bottom tier characters.
1 Gief, 1 Bison in top 16. NO Rashid.

MKX had a Jason and Kitana

I'll go even further to look at Combo Breaker as well

Top 16 SF:
1 Alex, 1 Bison, 1 Laura in top 16 (Not sure if Laura falls under low)

Top 16 MKX:
1 Kotal, 1 Ferra, 1 Kitana, 1 KENSHI.

Yeah man, we REALLY don't see any lower tier representation in MKX

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I don't get how people can claim MK XL is unbalanced when each tournament top 8-16 always have many different characters. Are you guys blind?

Stop claiming each top 8 is full of Alien and Mileena because it just isn't true.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
There were two Aliens, two Takeda's, a Mileena and 3 characters that couldn't get it done. This time around there were 3-4 Aliens, two Mileenas, a Sonya and 2 characters that couldn't get it done. Gonna go out on a limb and say the EVO top 8 will be filled with Alien, Takeda, Mileena and Sonya and then ONCE AGAIN, some characters that just aren't gonna cut it. The hypest matches in this top 8 were when Sonic would pull out Erron or Scar would switch it up (although the 67% x-ray combo was ridiculous).
Who were the two aliens in combobreaker top 8? I count 1

edit: can't remember if fox used alien