What's new

The Conclusion of MKXL at CEO 2016

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This top 8 was amazing. Simply put.

Can we give MRKN Semiij some props please, this kid came back from 0-2 on Dragon!!!!!!!

Semiij made the top 8 entertaining for me. Local Tampa player who finally got a chance to shine.

I will say super upset Semiij didn't do any kind of pop off and I had to make up for it.

CEO 2016 was an amazing event to say the least. Props to all of the players.

p.s. I believe I am now the highest placing Goro at a NA Major with 200+ players. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Ah glad Top 8 was uploaded, I missed it due to it being a Busy weekend.

Round of applause to cats @YOMI REO and @RM Indecisive for their post for those of us who couldnt see it live this weekend! Thanks you!

Personally I found Scar's matches to be the most hype at the end of Top 8. Congratulations to Semij, a well deserved placing. Truly congratulations to all the top 8 competitors. It was fun to meet many of you in person.

That being said "I" found the majority of Top 8 to be rather dry. It seemed like every time I looked at the screen it was Alien or Mileena. There were some times I'd look over at the SF screen for several minutes at a time.

There were people in the MK section sitting near me asking about Alien and Mileena wondering why the characters had the tools they did. And truthfully outside of Scar's matches I don't remember the crowd being that hyped at any point. At least nowhere near the level of Melee, Marvel or even SF which I'm sitting at currently.

I enjoy the experience of sitting here among my peers. Though I can't honestly say watching 3 Alien's and 2 Mileena's was all that much fun. (I was hoping Big D or Toxin would make it in) and yes I'm aware that Hat Trick, Gun Slinger and Smoke made appearances. But they weren't the focus of top 8. It wasn't as though Scar used Hat Trick to get to top 8. So there is a difference.

Long story short, I'm happy for the experience and meeting players. Was a fun weekend to compete and be social.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
This top 8 was amazing. Simply put.

Can we give MRKN Semiij some props please, this kid came back from 0-2 on Dragon!!!!!!!

Semiij made the top 8 entertaining for me. Local Tampa player who finally got a chance to shine.

I will say super upset Semiij didn't do any kind of pop off and I had to make up for it.

CEO 2016 was an amazing event to say the least. Props to all of the players.

p.s. I believe I am now the highest placing Goro at a NA Major with 200+ players. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm starting to think that watching a top 8 live versus watching it on Twitch is reeeally different though. Watching people you know and have talked to battle it out in a hype room probably has a larger impact on a person than watching a bunch of the same characters fight on your phone. To me, there were a few hype moments but other than that it's just the same old song and dance.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Why are people so surprised about semiij? He is a seriously good/competent player playing one of the best characters in the game currently. He played ridiculously well and just kept calm under extreme pressure, MUCH props to him.

In regards to top 8, it wasn't that good imo. No offence but the alien mileena/mileena alien/alien mileena matches destroyed the hype. Alien is pretty cancerous to this game from what i saw/heard, but nonetheless, it was a good run.congrats to everyone in top 8, maybe next time i wont choke and ill be up there lol.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
You think the game is worse now than it was pre KP2?!
Yes. It was still bad pre KP2 but i feel KP2 didn't help. Only dragon was really doing well with Tanya and Occasionally MIT when he decided to play her. You didn't see 3/4 tanya in top 8 consistently like at CEO after the nerf. Now we see lots of alien. Sonya stayed mostly the same. And now we have Kano/Milena which i think is worse than tremor and Lao. At least those top Tiers we didn't see 4 of before KP2. Top 8's where kinda diverse except for Sonic still winning. Quan was dumb but we only saw one person consistently do well. It probably doesn't help that Alien has 2 good variations that are dumb in their own way

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Can we all agree that watching Alien or Kung Jin is like watching paint dry?
I think Alien is pretty hype imo. It is like a "heel" wrestler. I'm so into the fight hoping it will be taken down, and apart from a few matches Alien was pretty much destroyed constantly in the top8.

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Props to the top 8 placers and again, good shit to Sonic for managing to take another victory.

Special shoutouts to Semiij, Slayer (Shaolinboyz), and Scar for their insanely hype performances.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Even though I hate mileena and was hoping for Sonic to win, anyone notice that they lost because of guessing wrong? No other reason other than that. That's pretty dumb. Other than that, Sonic's comebacks against cowboy and Scar were pretty good, and that 67% on Semij was godlike.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Great games, The grand finals was hype and so much fun to watch. I loved Scar's Hat trick, Smoke and dat smile after it was over.

Oh and still waiting on foxy's 420noscope skillz that matches SonicFox's level lololol.