What's new

The Cheapest Character in UMK3.

Robosmoke hands down.
He can telepunch=cheap
He can dissapear=cheap
His combo is sooo easy to do and must newbs can get 40% no problem.
His spear is cheap cause he has an underground layer that he goes down into and then comes up and hits u in the face, then uses that crappy spear.
And his throw is cheap!

Sheeva is cheap to because one JPS to autocombo and more than half of your life is gone.

Classic Sub and Cyrax are also cheap because the ground freeze and bombs are unblockable.

Shang Tsung is cheap too becuase he's hard to juggle.

DAVE101 said:
Sheeva is cheap to because one JPS to autocombo and more than half of your life is gone.

Classic Sub and Cyrax are also cheap because the ground freeze and bombs are unblockable.

Shang Tsung is cheap too becuase he's hard to juggle.

All of their cheapness is evened out because of how low they are on the tier list.

Kabal is Number 1 for a reason, and Robosmoke isn't low, but his spear comes out so fast it's considered cheap. If you get hit by his teleuppercut, it's your own fault though. Thats blockable, and easily countered.

His throw is overpowered though. If you do a block in fear of a teleport, he can easily come throw you or give you a sweep.

I just feel rsmoke is overpowered. 9/10 times i play someone hes rsmoke. His throw is too good. Give him a weaker throw and it'll even things out fine.

dreemernj

Ambassador
TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
Robosmoke hands down.
He can telepunch=cheap
He can dissapear=cheap
His combo is sooo easy to do and must newbs can get 40% no problem.
His spear is cheap cause he has an underground layer that he goes down into and then comes up and hits u in the face, then uses that crappy spear.
And his throw is cheap!
And he has a bad uppercut and he is easier to combo than most of the other characters. The telepunch is in no way cheap. The spear is only a tiny bit faster than the other spears in the game and doesn't amount to the same damage potential as Human Smokes. His autocombos are nothing special.

I'd say Human Smoke is more cheap. He has a better teleport, the spear, air throw, low starting popup combo, his juggles can amount to ginormous damage, and he has a faster walking speed.

Or maybe Kabal is more cheap since he has the fastest containment in the game. So fast that in regular MK3 you could cancel a standing HP to the spin, and get the two moves to connect 1 frame apart and count as a single hit.

dreemernj

Ambassador
ipushmycar said:
His throw is overpowered though. If you do a block in fear of a teleport, he can easily come throw you or give you a sweep.

I just feel rsmoke is overpowered. 9/10 times i play someone hes rsmoke. His throw is too good. Give him a weaker throw and it'll even things out fine.
If you are holding block fo fear of a teleport, hold down and away to avoid sweeps and to avoid being thrown.

Scheisse said:
He is definately the new replacement for MK2's Mileena.
He would really need to be more dominating for that to be true. Mileena owned the rest of the roster except for Jax. Robo Smoke's got a lot of other characters at or above his level.

I don't think Kabal is cheap. He's perfectly counterable with karajabs, and if they accidentally do a ground fireball, you can counter them pretty well.

If I do think anyone is cheap.. It's Sonya. The leg grab has a deceptive hit range, and you have to be ducking and blocking. That bike kick, I have yet to defeat it in the air...

DARXYD3 said:
MasterBoomstix (sp?) has an amazing RoboSmoke.
hes made about 30 different accounts

and ya, he's easily played 7,000 games as robo smoke, hes pretty damn good

he knew what i was going to do before i did it

i like how in ranked against those rsmoke people, all you do is hold block and they somehow believe if they keep telepunching, that one of these times they wont get uppercut. I am not good and i molest these nubs.

pro rsmoke player however kick my ass just as they would using any other character. but i do get a little mad inside when i get teleuppercut cause i know that spear is coming for my face.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
An uppercut is one thing, but I find it amazing that they will try the TU again even after taking 50-60% juggle combos from me, and then complain about it.

i agree with dreemernj Human Smoke is more cheap than Robosmoke, there are good shits from Robosmoke to call him a cheap but Hsmoke own, if your enemy run to you... you can teleport, if you do the knee kombo you could (in the easy way), to do a more than 40% damage, he´s walking speed is a easy way to punishers, the air throw is so fast if you hit a spear you can do a knee kombo and then got more than 40% damage, but robo smoke got invisibility and you could perform the move and and if your enemy come to atack you (even kaba´s spin) then block like if nothing happened, is hard to find robosmoke if there are too much sound in the area (and more dangerous if there are no sound in the area), i like to fight hanzo´s kabal with my Human Smoke this two fighters is so good for a casuals matchs

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
I think RoboSmoke is "cheap" in a somewhat literal sense. As in, one can attain high-damage combos with very little "cost" in effort/skill.

This doesn't mean he's "unfair," or that people shouldn't use him.

What I'm trying to say is that Robosmoke is way too easy to use.
If you jump towards him, he TU's and into a combo.
If you run towards him, he can spear you.

I'm not saying he's unbeatable, or "the best" character or nething like that. Just that if some1 who is a "newb" can get 40%... thats just stupid.
He's easy to defend, but sometimes i wonder if the people who use him are any good?!>

Mario

Noob
Robosmoke only seems unfair when he turns unvisible (and the player knows how to use him effectively in this mode). One mistake, and 40% of your life is gone. Easy mistake to make when you can't see where he is. If I'm playing against a guy who is good at using him in his invisible state, I'll start picking Sektor as a counter character. His homing missle renders that invisibility move nearly useless.

TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
What I'm trying to say is that Robosmoke is way too easy to use.
If you jump towards him, he TU's and into a combo.
If you run towards him, he can spear you.

I'm not saying he's unbeatable, or "the best" character or nething like that. Just that if some1 who is a "newb" can get 40%... thats just stupid.
He's easy to defend, but sometimes i wonder if the people who use him are any good?!>
Most people online don't know how to use him properly anyways, and expect to hit the teleport uppercut to get that 40% combo. However, the ones that do know how to use him well are very dangerous. The best Robot Smoke I've ever encountered as been Crazy Dominicans.

i know it might seem like im complaining but im not. But i agree with Mario on the invisablity. Its just that robosmoke annoy's the HELL out of me!