What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

Elder God

Power!
I only defeat my oponent with a trhow or a special move and make a Brutality? and when's Fatality instead this? I don't understand nothing.

Now imagine something like that updated to next gen without the exploding bs. Would've been epic.
I could actually see them making this work. Just how UMK3 brutality used characters movesets and kept opponents grounded instead of launched with a launcher move.

Concept:
Maybe implement custom combo strings & add a 'timed' input difficulty as you progress with the brutality, (akin to MK Armageddon fatalities... but quicker presentation). And just like the speed of the brutality animation get faster (which serve as visual cues) so would your inputs. Then like MKA, be ranked on your performance.
In the end our foes end up super bruised & bloody and just plain wasted.
This is what I would have done anyways.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I feel like they should've started off with a more obvious one than Cassie's, maybe Raiden's? I watched the archive just now, and I had to rewind, thinking to myself, "wait, that was it?!"

I have confidence that they will deliver their own layer of yomi/hype to the crowd once we're more reliably informed of the requirements concerning how they come into play though. And they're ragequit-proof, for what it's worth.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm okay with this thread being a designated place to rant about Brutalities... but that's it.

I have to say I like that you can COMBO INTO Brutalities now. I think that's neat but I definitely was surprised and slightly disappointed at first at their new look.
You could combo into brutalities before, that is not a new concept, but i still like this new brutalities too.

Anyway, i was wondering, maybe not every brutality is that easy, if you remember Tyler and Derek said that some are much dificult to perform and much more requirements for them is needed.

Now i was thinking, maybe the 11 input Brutality finisher is still in the game, but in order to do them there must have at least 3 or more requirements to be performed. Just imagine how mindblown would that be if i'm right?

You could combo into brutalities before, that is not a new concept, but i still like this new brutalities too.

Anyway, i was wondering, maybe not every brutality is that easy, if you remember Tyler and Derek said that some are much dificult to perform and much more requirements for them is needed.

Now i was thinking, maybe the 11 input Brutality finisher is still in the game, but in order to do them there must have at least 3 or more requirements to be performed. Just imagine how mindblown would that be if i'm right?
I hope you're right Eddy.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I think they're aight, but the slow motion kills the hype for me....like it's so fast paced with blood and shit already going on, and then it just slows down to a whelming, borderline underwhelming fatality. I think if they added a few extra hits in them, it would look a lot more stylish, without the slow motion too. Like Ninjitsu(however the fuck its spelled) Scorpion for example. Remember how his ending had him slice off Ermac's arms? Now imagine, without the slow-mo, and he added an extra slice to chop off the head and then strike it as it falls to the ground. Meh, just my thoughts.....

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Lol at all these mad people... Well I like it, it doesnt look ridiculous as in MK3 and the fact that you need to make these without the "finish him" stunn-pause makes it super cool because you have to make those instantly. I expect to see those in upcoming MKX tournaments.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I've just got a question. Did anyone notice that they were able to end the match with a brutality, without going to two rounds? I don't know if it was set to one round. But I never saw them switch any options around when they did the versus mode. Just a thought, brutalities may be useful in a competitive means, if the conditions are not too ridiculous.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
from what I gathered it is still the same as old brutalities except you are the one doing the combo. I just think they showed it off wrong(they just walked up and did one move instead of a combo), because in tournament someone is going to do a swag combo and then end it with a brutality which will make it look just like the mk3 ones. they should have done a combo and then the brutality that would have made it look like mk3 but I love the new idea, this is going to call for some really hype moments in mkx's life. imagine if at evo someone pulls off a swag combo and a brutality to get into top 8 or something, this is gonna be great.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've just got a question. Did anyone notice that they were able to end the match with a brutality, without going to two rounds? I don't know if it was set to one round. But I never saw them switch any options around when they did the versus mode. Just a thought, brutalities may be useful in a competitive means, if the conditions are not too ridiculous.
^ I wanna know that too
They didn't show it, but at some point that we weren't shown they switched it to one round, and when they fought each other at the end switched it back to two rounds.

When they go through showing off the Brutalities you can see the circle that shows the round by the life bars are black. So after the health is low they do the finisher. But when they were fighting each other or during the Cassie stuff it was clear, and after someone wins a round half the circle is white to show they are up a round.

So it'll definitely be in the finishing round only.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
To be honest, was disappointed once I learned Brutalities were coming back. Sure, they looked cool and required execution, but I never bothered to learn them because they were just so unappealing to me. These new Brutalities are awesome. Finally I can fatality someone without having time to make a sammich before they actually die. Golf clap.
^this

absolutly love the new Brutys ♥

me after the stream:

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Here is my 2 cents on Brutalities. I think people complain about Fatalities taking too long and getting old. I feel like this is a quick way to end a match without having a long cinematic Fatality, but still killing your opponent.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Everyone is complaining that they are short and arent like the old brutalities, but i really think they can be, and in a much cooler fashion than before. Straight up, i dont believe that the requirements will simply be just to end a combo with X move, yeah some of the easier ones may be but there will definitely be more complex ones.

Imagine for instance with in order to pull of X brutality you have to also have hit them with certain other specials in the same combo before hand, like a spear and a teleport in a combo will allow it to be ended with whatever brutality. you wont be able to just do naked spear to teleport, youll need a means of launching and the requirements can even include other things such as 10 hit combo, meaning it will still have that old school flair of a flurry of hits ending in a brutal killing blow. I think that is exactly what we will get, combo lead in requirements meaning if you hit X hits or whatever specials you can brutality them. Subzero strings into freeze, then strings into hammer launcher, runs to catch the juggle and ends in the command throw brutality for the match. Now that is what i want.

Yeah, what they showed was a single hit, but they even said 'dont worry we changed it so you dont know what you have to do to do it.' They specifically removed or changed the requirements of the brutalities, probably to make it easier to just show them off. they ended every round with one and had a seamless stream without a fumble or need to restart cause they missed it or whatever stupid shit would have happened had tyler needed to land a full combo with multiple specials and had X number of hits and ended with a specific special/move while on stream in front of 30k people. They didnt mess it up once.

All of their streams are pretty good quality, and honestly pretty scripted, and they pull it off well. It is entertaining and I enjoy watching it, but they show us what they want to show us, and they make sure we see what they want us to see. They do what it takes to make sure they have a seamless stream, and im sure that includes toning down some of the brutalities so they can be easily shown off and displayed. I would be shocked to find that you really can just end it with X move for every single one of them without having to put much effort into the damage before hand.

Just wanted to get the communities opinions on u guys top 5 brutalities ranging from fav to least favorite, you may also give ur reason for liking a specific one, so I'll start my list :)

1. Kung Lao (Ip Man Brutality): Like NRS said this one just screams to be made into a brutality, and those hard ass punches at the end of the fury made me cringe & get hype at the amount of force he puts into the last few punches to knock the opponents head off! (Def the most brutal looking of the bunch so far)

2. Kotal Kahn (Aztec Weapon Saw) Another well done brutality, seeing Kotal come down with his weapon and saw the meat from from his opponents flesh like a butcher is just beautiful.

3.Raiden (Electrical Air Grab) anything dealing with sending high amounts of electricity through someone's body never gets old, easily won be over, but I wonder how long he holds them after they head pops? I think their body should explode as well

4. Cassie Cage (UFC Beatdown) This Brutality imo could have been better if they make Cassie throw a few hammerfists down on her opponents face to show more gruesomeness of the attack, and about 3 more punches and this one could be amazing, but right now its ok.

5.Subzero (Cyro Stab) Love the slowmotion jump at the end to drive the ice dagger into the opponents head after a series.of stabs to the body

Least Favs:
D'vorah
Quan
Ermac

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Raiden's 2 shown ones (10 times better than his fatality), Cassie's nut punch, Quan Chi's & Kung Lao's punches one (I like how it keeps their head half hanging)