What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Looks new to me, also who is the character on the left? Not seen him shown before unless I missed something on the stream.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
I think kung laos ip man punches COULD have been the best, if they extended it and added like another 10 or so punches for the brutality before punching off the opponents head. but I really liked raidens 2nd brutality where he teleported inside the opponent. that was gdlk

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It's ok to be indifferent.
We aren't being indifferent though, I bed to differ.

Let's just say that I like that they didn't go "another fatality by any other name" route. Not sure if I care much, so this is where the comment belongs, I believe.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I don't know how people don't realise the awesome potential behind these new brutalities... I mean you can literally have your OWN epic combo and finish it with some sick special movie that will have it's Own brutal animation... That's like 10x times better than watching typical "ality" cutscene.

When you think about it - how many fatalities you remember from top MK tournaments? Exactly.. there were very few (thanks to 16Bit) BUT NOW we can expect to see tons of awesome brutalities from different combos and different people. Atleast for me that's the most exciting thing about MKX so far, including 3 variations...

Just imagining how you perform an x-ray combo and (if possible) you still continue it with brutality finisher at the end... SICK shit!

Well maybe the presentation is what some people find off putting about them. MK3's were part of a giant combo string into a gory explosion...

If Tyler had done a full combo into the Brutality ender it may have struck a different chord with people, but as far as him doing that.... lol

They put on a good show though :p
Like, if they had done full combo into KL's throw for the brutality ender, that would look so awesome.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
A lot of people are let down by the fact that the Brutalities are not the same as the old days.

Mostly due to nostalgic reasons.

I for one am excited that they aren't as crazy hard to pull off by having to remember a 10 button sequence in order to do it.

But, with that said, I do like that there are certain requirements AND that you can COMBO into them.

Perhaps no one will truly know what are the requirements for your character/variation, which will make them surprising to see in live match.

I look forward to the over 100 (Boon said WELL OVER 100), and it will be oh so satisfying to pull off online!

:REO

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Both of Raiden's, Kotal's was cringeworthy which is awesome, and I like Sub-Zero's a lot too even though it's not nearly as brutal as the others. It's just really cool looking.

I agree, they aren't bad enough to hurt the game and not great enough to be hype. They're good for tournaments, giving a great finish without having a lengthy cinematic that takes forever.

Now, if we can see more Faction Kills...

In the UMK3, a Brutality was essentially an ultra combo finisher, the only difference your opponent exploded at the end.

Brutality does not auto mean "ultra combo".

Brutality infers finishing your opponent in a brutal fashion. Characters are literally being beaten to death, tele fragged, sawn in half, having insect pupae inserted into them. If that is not brutal, then I don't know what to tell you.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I actually really really like the idea of these. For a while we have been skipping past fatalities to speed things up, but this is a quick way to end a fight in a gruesome way that doesn't take much time between matches...which is what we have all been asking for. I understand people want a copy of an ultra combo with an explosion at the end that has a million rib cages falling all over, but in my opinion NRS took our feedback here about long fatality length and came up with a solution.

Bravo to NRS imo

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Man Kotal Kahn's getting bad ass monuments built in his image by 3 horned rhino elephants and giant serpants and people still think the fucking 'Murican specials forces are the koolest part of the MKverse? I don't get some people

Last edited:

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
#1 D'Vorah's Larvae Eruption
#2 Quan's Portal of Blood
#3 Kotal's Macuahuitl Bisection
#4 Ferra/Torr's Skull Skewer
#5 D'Vorah's SwarmCoaster

They were all cool as hell though.

The-Bizzle

You alright mate ?
So u want them to go back to 19 femurs , 5 rib cages, 7 elbows, 4 wrists and random limbs?

K cool
Dude, read what I said : "These kind of brutalities".... Not literally those brutalities of MKT.... At least a damn 12 hit combo or something.
I also said : "In Shaolin Monks they were much better". And those were no "19 femurs , 5 rib cages, 7 elbows, 4 wrists and random limbs". -.-"

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Everyone is complaining that they are short and arent like the old brutalities, but i really think they can be, and in a much cooler fashion than before. Straight up, i dont believe that the requirements will simply be just to end a combo with X move, yeah some of the easier ones may be but there will definitely be more complex ones.

Imagine for instance in order to pull of X brutality you have to also have hit them with certain other specials in the same combo before hand, like a spear and a teleport in a combo will allow it to be ended with whatever brutality. you wont be able to just do naked spear to teleport, youll need a means of launching and the requirements can even include other things such as 10 hit combo, meaning it will still have that old school flair of a flurry of hits ending in a brutal killing blow. I think that is exactly what we will get, combo lead in requirements meaning if you hit X hits or whatever specials you can brutality them. Subzero strings into freeze, then strings into hammer launcher, runs to catch the juggle and ends in the command throw brutality for the match. Now that is what i want.

Yeah, what they showed was a single hit, but they even said 'dont worry we changed it so you dont know what you have to do to do it.' They specifically removed or changed the requirements of the brutalities, probably to make it easier to just show them off. they ended every round with one and had a seamless stream without a fumble or need to restart cause they missed it or whatever stupid shit would have happened had tyler needed to land a full combo with multiple specials and had X number of hits and ended with a specific special/move while on stream in front of 30k people. They didnt mess it up once.

All of their streams are pretty good quality, and honestly pretty scripted, and they pull it off well. It is entertaining and I enjoy watching it, but they show us what they want to show us, and they make sure we see what they want us to see. They do what it takes to make sure they have a seamless stream, and im sure that includes toning down some of the brutalities so they can be easily shown off and displayed. I would be shocked to find that you really can just end it with X move for every single one of them without having to put much effort into the damage before hand.