What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssassiN

Noob
A little bit of dirt for my fellow Dicks(dunno if this is known).
In Atlantis when you are in the corner end your combo with D2~Flipkick(Flipkick must hit) and you can use the interactible for 16% extra damage. The only way they can counter is by waking up or B3/F3 MB, which can be countered by NJ into a full combo or meterburning the interactible. Using this will put the opponent full-screen, so know the MU. Possible combo's:
- F213~Escrima Fury MB, J3, 112, D2~Flipkick, Interactible: close to 50%
- F213~Escrima Fury MB, J3, 112~Scatter Bomb MB, D2~Flipkick: close to 60%

They can B3/F3 MB through it on reaction, so I don't really recommend it. Use it when your opponent has no meter.

In Metropolis Street on the left you can keep blowing up the car, it does not go away. If you end your combo in D2~Flipkick(Flipkick must hit) you can place a bomb on the car and get another combo going with dash forward, B2~Escrima Fury. If they wake-up attack it will whiff since it has invincibility frames on start-up and you have a combo for sure. They can only counter it by dashing or jumping. A well time back-dash will make it whiff, while dashing away from the car is also an option but they have to do it the second they get up. Jumping away from the car is a more viable option for the opponent, so get your AA's ready.

I noticed a little while ago that any combo ending in 113 allows a safe jump. It's not hard to time. Just a very slight delay after 113 and then do a delayed ji3, block. Works in the corner if you neutral jump.
example combo: f213 xx df2, f3, j2, 113 (30%)

Saitsu

Noob
Calm down. That actually isn't too bad at all. We can still spam the hell out of d1. Just be a bit more careful with cancel shenanigans with it.

Killer Frost nerfed.
Superman Nerfed (only slightly though).
Black Adam Nerfed.
Scorpion Nerfed.

We were barely even touched. So we Dick another day.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Everyone's nerfs gave Dick the stroking he needed to get up in the tier lists even though he was already good. Combine that with the universal d2 buff and YES YES YES.

~delicious

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I think i would've preferred a buff on scatterbombs to not whiff on crouching since it says mid and maybe make quicker but hey can't complain. "Dick got stronger , now dick will be played with longer!"

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Calm down. That actually isn't too bad at all. We can still spam the hell out of d1. Just be a bit more careful with cancel shenanigans with it.

Killer Frost nerfed.
Superman Nerfed (only slightly though).
Black Adam Nerfed.
Scorpion Nerfed.

We were barely even touched. So we Dick another day.
Superman's ex breath is +6. Hardly a nerf considering all other characters in this game have to sacrifice meter to stay positive.

Saitsu

Noob
Superman's ex breath is +6. Hardly a nerf considering all other characters in this game have to sacrifice meter to stay positive.

Yeah but it also makes it more likely to take away the option for him to Super and punish everything under the moon.

Making him burn more meter is just more advantage for everyone else.

AssassiN

Noob
Tbh, I started using Escrima's 1 as an AA. Did a better job than his D2, how much better is D2 or is the patch not out yet?
But I'm happy he pretty much remains untouched. Only his Escrima stance needs to be buffed.

Saitsu

Noob
Tbh, I started using Escrima's 1 as an AA. Did a better job than his D2, how much better is D2 or is the patch not out yet?
But I'm happy he pretty much remains untouched. Only his Escrima stance needs to be buffed.

Patch isn't out until Zod drops which is next week. So unknown as of now. Could be very a very minute change...or Injustice could pull a SFxT and pretty much demolish anyone who ever has a thought about jumping without a way to change trajectory.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
From +6 to +3.

Lol they call that a nerf? Puhleeze. It's still a "respect me whilst I start my pressure plz" button, as it should be. So whatever.

Fingers crossed for a godlike d2.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I'm picking up the boy wonder, gentlemen. Hello to you all :)
Re: staff d1...is it just me or did it always feel less then +6 anyway :-S

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.