What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GroovyMango

Bullseye
If I was gonna make a Nightwing combo video, I'd use Pixl or maybe some other cray cray house music. :3

On a different note, I have started to finally get better with escrima, and switch between both on the fly in matches. It REALLY does throw people off, the different types of zoning and rushdown, too powerful

Yeoo' dicks. What exactly are my options after ending a combo in normal flip kick? Only thing I can think of is u3 d3 shenanigans.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Yeoo' dicks. What exactly are my options after ending a combo in normal flip kick? Only thing I can think of is u3 d3 shenanigans.
i end everycombo with flipkick and i usually follow up with f21 pressure andi they start backdashing which f213 hits some characters anyway, i start b2 them

This is mostly irrelevant but since it is possible I'm posting it anyway. NW can be thrown out of MB flick kick if the first hit whiffs. It is really unlikely that this will ever happen since the timing is really tight. Needless to say I was very salty when it happened to me.

these guys have said it the best, NW threads are the best and most classy of these forums. probably the only reason i haven't dropped him completely as a character. Just so tired of having only half of my tools at any given time. =/

so I havent been able to travel anywhere for while so I was wondering if the nightwing therad should have like a matchmaking either therad or just a section for playing online because I have yet to see any compentent nightwings online and I really wanna play against a person that I can actually talk with or someone who takes this game seriouly? so should we do omething similar to this?

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Nightwing has a few overhead starters (b2, MB Flip Kick, etc) and a few mid starters (f213, 113, etc) while in Escrima stances. The problem I have is I don't see any real reason why my opponent should EVER block low.

How do you train them to block low in Escrima?
- d1 doesn't seem to really seem enough of a threat to make them respect it.
- u3 and u3d3 seems gimmicky to me, is SLOW to start up, and doesn't have any combo potential.

Thoughts?

Saitsu

Noob
Use d3 a decent amount. Eventually they'll respect it.

Or, don't care about them blocking low at all and stick to left/right or just stick to staff stance up close.

If I hit someone with a b2 I like to follow up with a f213 4 staff spin 4. then i dash in with b13 and hopefully catch them blocking high. then if they get hit get them with a meaty b2. hopefully by that time they're in the corner and you can stay in staff stance and destroy them. obviously if you hit them it'll show if they are wake up happy too.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
You can always mix up b1,3 with b1, flip kick. It's technically a left/right-low/high. But yeah d3 + oki game into pressure is enough of a hassle to get people to start blocking low.

Sent from the Batcave

You can always mix up b1,3 with b1, flip kick. It's technically a left/right-low/high. But yeah d3 + oki game into pressure is enough of a hassle to get people to start blocking low.

Sent from the Batcave
I do this but only after a 112 or u3. I also throw in a mb flipkick to get some good damage.

Saitsu

Noob
Alright, let's take a quick aside to make a quick message.

We here at the Nightwing Forums condone all forms of brutal Dicking to all our opponents. As such, and I'm sure I speak to all Nightwing players, we here at the Nightwing Forum welcome Sony Entertainment as an Honorary Nightwing, for the ultimate Dicking they granted to Microsoft. Sony...you made us proud. That is all.

Now back to our previously scheduled Nightwing progression.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Alright, let's take a quick aside to make a quick message.

We here at the Nightwing Forums condone all forms of brutal Dicking to all our opponents. As such, and I'm sure I speak to all Nightwing players, we here at the Nightwing Forum welcome Sony Entertainment as an Honorary Nightwing, for the ultimate Dicking they granted to Microsoft. Sony...you made us proud. That is all.

Now back to our previously scheduled Nightwing progression.

Except PS4 has no games.

Saitsu

Noob
Except PS4 has no games.

By that logic, neither does X1 as they have a grand total of 3-4 exclusives at the moment shown. KI, DR3, Halo and I think Titanfall. DR3 will be a Timed one at that, and Halo won't be a launch title. KI and Titanfall alone won't be enough to sell systems.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I fight scorpion much like I fight Batgirl. Rush them down watching for random TP bullshit and always respect the wakeups.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
That nerf made this matchup feel pretty good for NW. Just chill in staff and bait bad teleports like before. NW can also punish the teleport on whiff in both staff and escrima, and all of Scorp's full screen options besides teleport can be dealt with by using ground blast.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
IF you use 1~ground pound against a lot of characters (like Wonder woman) on their wakeup...spaced properly they cant do anything about it and it will leave you at advantage (their wakeups will whiff and the staff pound will hit).

It's essential for wonder bitch.

Anyone that doesn't have a true advancing wakeup is susceptible to this (green lantern is not due to lift)

None of wonder womans wakeups will work against it. Not even shield bash (not a true wakeup).

I think staff d1 actually is +5 on block. I recorded NW doing d1, 1 with turbo on to get 1 out as early as possible. Then I tried to beat the 1 with escrima d1(turbo on) and lost every time. Against staff d1 they traded each time. It's just tough to time without turbo on and you can't really mash it out.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Even if it's not +5, it's super close. Ironic as it sounds, d1 is a button you mash to get people to stop mashing buttons. And then once they've elected to stop contesting you at every turn, you set up the mixup. Whether or not d1 is actually +5 is sort of irrelevant imo.

Btw guys, I'm going to The Break tonight in Jersey. Wish me skill!

Sent from the Batcave

Even if it's not +5, it's super close. Ironic as it sounds, d1 is a button you mash to get people to stop mashing buttons. And then once they've elected to stop contesting you at every turn, you set up the mixup. Whether or not d1 is actually +5 is sort of irrelevant imo.

Btw guys, I'm going to The Break tonight in Jersey. Wish me skill!

Sent from the Batcave
That's all true but I just like to know this sort of thing for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.