What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Probably gonna start using 223 ender. That hard knockdown gives enough time to dash in/cross -up or SS into special to stuff wake-up or you can dash in.
What combo do you use to end it? I always end with flip kick for hard knock down.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
What combo do you use to end it? I always end with flip kick for hard knock down.

Mostly been using j2, f213~escrima fury, f3, j2, 223 and i'm sure there's a dmg sacrifice. Gotta practice the other bnb starters to get a feel for it.. If that's what you weren't asking, I mostly ended combos with 4~SS or j3~WD for dmg.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Mostly been using j2, f213~escrima fury, f3, j2, 223 and i'm sure there's a dmg sacrifice. Gotta practice the other bnb starters to get a feel for it.. If that's what you weren't asking, I mostly ended combos with 4~SS or j3~WD for dmg.
The kd is nice but i think it might be better to end with flip kick, you get more damage and the same set up

I'll just copy paste this real quick

Sup Dickheads , so Aris (Avoiding the puddle) posted this vid here showing some tech that let's you special cancel normals on whiff on the opponents wakeup...seems to be something that was in MK9 also.

I think Nightwing could benefit from this alot, flipkick, maybe even scatter bomb come to mind, so yeah have at it FIND ALL THE TECH!

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
Dudes, whats the deal with J.2 are you + on block or -? i was messing around today in the lab with flash 6f reversal and i was beating it out with j.2 F213.

I only watched the vid once didn't he say it was some kind of option select? like if the do something the special will come out if not nothing happens, only your meaty normal will hit? if not then fury would indeed be a horrible option :(

Georgie

Ex Shadow Kick
I only watched the vid once didn't he say it was some kind of option select? like if the do something the special will come out if not nothing happens, only your meaty normal will hit? if not then fury would indeed be a horrible option :(
With D1xxFury if the opponent doesn't wake up you fury still comes out and you know... punished hard. However with B1xxdb3 if the opponent doesn't wake up the full string comes out and if he wakes up flipkick comes out making it a true option select.

I think the special only won't come out if they backdash. The problem is the only time escrima fury tends to beat it is if you cancel very early. It has to be meaty enough that they can't backdash.

aww man I thought we just got something awesome as dick players, bummer lol
I think I'll hit the lab with him these days again...I feel if we search hard enough there is some cheap stuff to be found

While messing with this stuff I noticed that you can do a meaty d12 to kinda bait lightning cage and recover fast enough to block it.

Saitsu

Noob
MB Flip Kick is a fine use for that. Already a mixup and safe on its own, now it punishes wakeups (at least for Lightning Cage)? It would pretty much mean, at least in the BA example, all he can do is block and hope he's blocking the right way, which of course will open up our other crap in Escrima.

I want research on every decent wakeup attack in the game. Let's see what we can beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.