What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lous1210

Loyal Dick
Thanks, and thanks for the speedy replies ^.^ Just out of curiosity, are u3 and u3d3 worth using at all? they seem to have a lot of startup to use as anything other than maybe a pressure after knockdown

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Thanks, and thanks for the speedy replies ^.^ Just out of curiosity, are u3 and u3d3 worth using at all? they seem to have a lot of startup to use as anything other than maybe a pressure after knockdown
There was some tech recently in either this thread or in the match up thread in the corner, I would check the last few pages of both and see if you find any thing

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I'm seriously considering pulling the ethernet cable out of my consoles. Re-learning combo timing and input timing as I go from playing online all day, and then playing offline at night. Really irritating trying to be consistent with my execution.

AssassiN

Noob
His overall best strings are forward 2 1 3, and back 11, and down 12, imo the go to pokes are forward 213 and down 12 and should be focused on the most, and to answer your question, I forget if there was a list of what down back 3 crosses up on certain opponents on certain strings
I found out that F213(first hit)~Flipkick whiffs on crouching Flash, so I guess there are some more exceptions out there...

Saitsu

Noob
I didn't believe it myself but I found ONE niche for it. Just one. But it actually fills a hole that Nightwing can struggle with.

Saitsu

Noob
Well it's for the Start of Match.

You see we usually have two options.

b2
j3.

However, that doesn't really cover everything as there are characters who's j3's wreck ours like Joker or Green Arrow which got me to thinking. Scatter Bomb actually does something in that niche. Because of the spacing of SoM, the opponent can't cross you up with a jump at that distance. If you figure that the opponent will jump in at the SoM (which isn't a long guess considering their j3s), Scatter Bomb WILL beat them out. And you can OS your MB so if it hits, you juggle them with a quick b2 xx Escrima Fury, j3 xx Wing Dings for a 33% to start off the match with a correct guess on a jump in.

All this time I had been wondering what to do with it since it was only decent if you could predict a jump in and it doesn't cross up. SoM FORCES those conditions.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Well it's for the Start of Match.

You see we usually have two options.

b2
j3.

However, that doesn't really cover everything as there are characters who's j3's wreck ours like Joker or Green Arrow which got me to thinking. Scatter Bomb actually does something in that niche. Because of the spacing of SoM, the opponent can't cross you up with a jump at that distance. If you figure that the opponent will jump in at the SoM (which isn't a long guess considering their j3s), Scatter Bomb WILL beat them out. And you can OS your MB so if it hits, you juggle them with a quick b2 xx Escrima Fury, j3 xx Wing Dings for a 33% to start off the match with a correct guess on a jump in.

All this time I had been wondering what to do with it since it was only decent if you could predict a jump in and it doesn't cross up. SoM FORCES those conditions.
I just tested this out against GA and it seems to work, this may actually be useful lol

Saitsu

Noob
I just tested this out against GA and it seems to work, this may actually be useful lol
Yeah I tested it against Joker too.

It's a slight risk since you have to guess the opponent will jump, but all considering, it's not that tough of a guess and the reward is solid.

Saitsu

Noob
Doesn't work that good against Lex.
It somewhat does. You have to do it IMMEDIATELY in order to beat an early j.3. But it can beat it out.

And if he does a early j.3...just backdash. It'll whiff and you get a full whiff punish of choice. Actually you can do that by blocking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.