What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasted

Noob
This game is made by NRS. Yes, it is too much to ask to expect any changes for Dick.

I'll see how the patch plays out - maybe we'll get something small that's not promoted. Honestly, the game is dying in my area anyway thanks to the Scorpion debacle. NRS broke a lot of people's trust with that.

Noob
I would only like al overhaul to his recovery in dashes ( some zonners dash faster and recover faster from said dash than him tis stupid) and a increase in walk speed, the rest is just bug fixes for him

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
can someone verify that Nightwings F2 will whiff on a crouching Bane at times?

I was playing Bi-Polar the other day and it seemed to be happening alot. The only explanation I could muster was latency on my end.

Also, to bring up a point for those talking about how Batman can shut Nightwing down...

If Nightwing gets caught full screen instaff and batman throws out a bat, he is locked down. It just takes one bat. Bat, Batarang (can't jump it in staff and can't duck it, MB call bat release, batarang, batarang etc.) Nightwing has to block the rang in staff. He has no other option other than to spend a bar of meter to absorb it.

AssassiN

Noob
can someone verify that Nightwings F2 will whiff on a crouching Bane at times?

I was playing Bi-Polar the other day and it seemed to be happening alot. The only explanation I could muster was latency on my end.

Also, to bring up a point for those talking about how Batman can shut Nightwing down...

If Nightwing gets caught full screen instaff and batman throws out a bat, he is locked down. It just takes one bat. Bat, Batarang (can't jump it in staff and can't duck it, MB call bat release, batarang, batarang etc.) Nightwing has to block the rang in staff. He has no other option other than to spend a bar of meter to absorb it.

Staff change into Flipkick avoids Batarangs.

Saitsu

Noob
Sorry I've been gone guys. Lose XBL kind of made me lose a bit of enthusiasm playing.

So...MB Staff Spin now hits all duckers and that's his only change.

Seems good to me.

I haven't played in a few months due to moving. I guess this would be a good time to get back into it since characters are about to get patched.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I lost to Slayer and Theo's Superman this week and got 4th again.

One more week guys, one more week :(.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
what determines when the flip kick crosses up?
Character hitbox is usually the biggest issue.

Huge characters (DD/Tall ass BA/Grundy/etc) will never be crossed up by flip kick when they stand, but it still crosses up when they are crouching. However most other characters can get crossed up by something like a blocked b2 into flip kick.

Also, flip kick can whiff on characters who crouch it at some ranges if it's not mb'd, but I've found this too be pretty rare compared to the times where it actually hits.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
i should have said after a string like i went into practice with him and f213 doesnt crossover but when i switch stance it does? what other strings does it cross over?
F213 flipkick depends on the character and how close you are. That's why I usually always do flip kicks out of j2, b2, or stand 2. F213 flip kick isn't a bad option though, especially when you condition them to block/interrupt a stance cancel ground blast after f213 and they start ducking.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
F213 flipkick depends on the character and how close you are. That's why I usually always do flip kicks out of j2, b2, or stand 2. F213 flip kick isn't a bad option though, especially when you condition them to block/interrupt a stance cancel ground blast after f213 and they start ducking.
thanks i was just playing a good nightwing and his corner game looks insane and hes safe i think if i block interesting character hope to see more of him after the patch

Noob
F213 is beautifull in my opinion... i lov eme some D1. F213 flikick or Spark cancel backdash and then check them with B2 is necessary... on more defensive players that just wait to see what you do i sometimes like to do Dahscancel foward into 2 flipkick MB

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
F213 is beautifull in my opinion... i lov eme some D1. F213 flikick or Spark cancel backdash and then check them with B2 is necessary... on more defensive players that just wait to see what you do i sometimes like to do Dahscancel foward into 2 flipkick MB
Yup, I do d1, f213 pressure all the time. I don't go for spark cancel backdashes though, because I like the offensive options of flip kick/staff spin/mb ground blast way too much to give up pressure. Plus, I'm not about to be interrupted through my pressure without a reward bigger than ground spark backdash.

Noob
Yup, I do d1, f213 pressure all the time. I don't go for spark cancel backdashes though, because I like the offensive options of flip kick/staff spin/mb ground blast way too much to give up pressure. Plus, I'm not about to be interrupted through my pressure without a reward bigger than ground spark backdash.
yeah man i get what you mean... i do it depending on matchups really and how much meter i need to hug... Staff spi and Mb groundblast i use it if i see them standing at that point i know the groundblast is going to land... staffspin i like to use it on the 2nd round for the really nice MB into 1,Goundspark MB it works really well... if i need chip ill just staffspin again

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
yeah man i get what you mean... i do it depending on matchups really and how much meter i need to hug... Staff spi and Mb groundblast i use it if i see them standing at that point i know the groundblast is going to land... staffspin i like to use it on the 2nd round for the really nice MB into 1,Goundspark MB it works really well... if i need chip ill just staffspin again
The reason staff spin/ground blast/flip kick is a great option out of f213 is the risk/reward for your opponent to swing out is terrible.

They can interrupt ground blast, but if they mess it up they eat the full damage from the juggle, or if I do staff spin they get hit and are now getting their feet tickled by ground blasts or a j2 flipkick setup, or I use MB flip kick and get a full combo into the b2 setup.

The risk/reward for a blocked f213 is really, really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.