What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of you would like to practice and have some matches sometime, add me. My psn is resevil67. Im somewhat new to the online on this so i definately need practice trying to get these nightwing combos down with this dayum input lag ><. Wakeups i have an issue with to lol

GuamoKun

I played a bit of arcsys (GG and BB) but not more than an hour a month so pretty much yeah, just KoF.

Midscreen I'm quite liking db3, dash, j.1 - Flash's dp beats it :(
I'm gonna spend the weekend putting my findings together and remembering how to use Premier Pro. It'll be incoming.

Saitsu

Noob
raisedbyfinches

You only played KoF?!

MahNigga.jpg
Safe jumps are the isht I love you.

edit: Saitsu mind explaining the vortex and how to perform it? adding it to the little community guide isht here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/staves-tights-and-finger-stripes-a-nightwing-guide.28556/
Alright, it's pretty simple. Anytime you get a Hard KD, you get the option in Escrima of a left/right mixup with b2/Flip Kick. If either hits, you combo into another Hard KD and start over. You can also use b2 as a mixup in itself if you expect it to be blocked by canceling it into Flip Kick or 4 xx Ground Blast. If you're burning meter on your Flip Kicks or Ground Blasts, that's great damage every time.

Notably though, it ends when it's either blocked (obviously) or when you are still in Staff Stance at the end of your combos.

It can be expanded more I'm sure, but considering it's an Escrima-based strategy, you won't see it used that often since Staff is his better stance. Helpful though when you really need to gain that lead.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Is regular ground blast from staff +frames on block? Is staff spin the better special to be canceling into on block or should I mixup with ground blast here and there? I ask because I have been interrupted out of my cancels into ground blast.

Saitsu

Noob
Is regular ground blast from staff +frames on block? Is staff spin the better special to be canceling into on block or should I mixup with ground blast here and there? I ask because I have been interrupted out of my cancels into ground blast.
1. Yes, +9

2. Without meter, Ground Blast is better IF you can get away with it. There will be a gap between the normal and GB as you've noticed. With meter, MB Staff Spin is better in all but 4 cases as it doesn't have that same issue.

As much as I hate clarks f23. It doesn't do 8% chip, +18 on block, combo anywhere on screen, and build 40% of a bar on block. Plus think about it. With db3mb having a wallbounce. You could prolly do derpy combos like (escrima) f213df2 j3 f213 4 db3mb ji2 3 1 flying grayson.

What style do you guys have while playing? Just trying to get a better understanding of what works for different people. I tend to stay in escrima stance to maintain good movement and speed but switch between the two during strings. I will use mostly staff for certain matchups though. Also always using staff in corner. I am having a hard time getting combos with escrima. Escrima fury being the best combo move is highly punishable on block. Any tips?

Also, Superman....... this matchup is the bane of my existence. Almost everyone I come across uses superman. Its quite frustrating any tips for fighting him?

Also, Superman....... this matchup is the bane of my existence. Almost everyone I come across uses superman. Its quite frustrating any tips for fighting him?
Watch him do f23. Lie down. Try not to cry. Cry a lot.

But on a serious note as far as playstyles go, I play pretty damn lame. At the start of the round I might check the opponent with b2 if I'm feeling ballsy, but generally I get some distance and I do staff db2. I test the other player to see if they can handle dicks amazing fireball game. If they can ill start being aggressive. If not. Then I db2, db2mb , and flying grayson kick. 75% of my game is watching the opponent sit and scratch their head as to why he is so good fullscreen against most of the cast

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
my gameplan usually, is rushing down with f213~ staff spin~ escrima switch back dash, or standing 33~staff spin etc... I am always constantly trying to stay in front of my opponent and build meter and whiff punishing. Also utilizing that f3 range is really good especially meter burn raw. I am starting to Meterburn b+3 or f+3 the more i keep playing this game. it seems like the most viable option to punish allot of cast especially ones with good footsies.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
i'm having a hard time doing f3 j2 223. The final hit (3) never hits and does the long KD. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it part of my timing? Any help would be rad. I'm really liking Nightwing, thinking of maining him.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
i'm having a hard time doing f3 j2 223. The final hit (3) never hits and does the long KD. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it part of my timing? Any help would be rad. I'm really liking Nightwing, thinking of maining him.
Kinda have to do the timing a bit late for 223. It sounds weird but the hitbox on 223 is kinda low

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
My gameplan is pretty simple, get in their face and abuse staff d1. Just check them with it. Get the hard knockdown with staff spin, cancel into Escrima and go for the cross up ji2 f213xx4xxdb2 Mb or db3 MB. I stay in their face and throw frame traps for days.

Depending on what my opponent has for priority and frames, I'll either b2 or block. That first meter is very important.

I'm not very good, but I am knowledgable with Nightwings frame traps, so I force the opponent to block and let me play. This often results in me hanging myself with poor execution.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Which do you guys think is better for nightwing, street fighter input or mk inputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.