What's new

The Blind Swordsman - The Kenshi Discussion Thread

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Wow that thread was going to disepeared lol.

So :

SaJa : One question : is it necessary to have combos with a zoning char such a Kenshi ?
Best Kenshi is pig, and pig never go in (could say the same for m2dave with Freddy) ! He always zones, from there, I ask the question because I want my Kenshi to be at full potential.
Does Kenshi have better result staying away from the opponent no matter what ?

Pig : This is 100% false that i never go in
against kit, sonya, cage you right but others.....What?

SaJa : Sorry I have been mistaken. When you (rarely) go in it's with b2, or f3 combo, you almost never use f2 combos (biggest damages) even to punish (however you may use 1, 1, 4). But despite that you mostly use charge, even when you can free combo (maybe stress).
Against kitana, when 16bit is jumping in front of you throwing a projectile over your head, you used charge instead of db1.
I mean, compare to Blackula, you mostly try to stay as far as possible except when you are fighting weaker than you or when you can't zone because of the mu. So here was my question.

Pig : Name my top 8s
Name other Kenshis top 8s
Theres a reason i do anything/all/everything I do in each of the MUs in this game.
Which out of the two of us mentioned has never lost to a Kitana? Theres a reason you NEVER AA 2 or rk AA Kitanas either on cross up or in your face
Also be on the lookout for how i now play some MUs at dallas
There is no reason to put yourself in danger or risk when you can guarantee success and victory .

You're comparison of the two kenshis is like me saying to reo "Dude why dont you AA with cross up standing 2 or dash back d1" when in fact he uses his own method that works EVERY time and the results show. If it ain't broke dont fix it
The smart players might wanna look at why/how i do things rather than "You should do this " stuff

konqrr : Why wouldn't you aaRK a jumping Kitana? Flankster117 does it all the time to me with success. I have to throw an early air fan to avoid it and by the time my backflipping ass lands, he has recovered. Also, if I anticipate an aaRK and do the air fan but he doesn't do the aaRK, he gets to dash in and get a full anti-air combo anyways ... this matchup is lulz
pig : max distance yes but ckise distance its a risk and often doesnt work and you eat 52% same goes for cross up aa

Pig : max distance yes but ckise distance its a risk and often doesnt work and you eat 52% same goes for cross up aa
I'm going to pick up a video you vs kitana where you could do a 100% safe RK but you go for charge.

EDIT :
01:45 to 01:55 for example. At 02:18 you lost because of the ex-charge instead of the RK.

But it may be a risk indeed so at high level charge may be better than damage ?

I'm not trolling or anything pig, If I gotta play 100% zoning to make my Kenshi better, I will (except in few bad mu), that's why I'm asking, and that's why I'm asking you.

If the opponent is trapped to the wall at a jump distance, would you jump in or keep charging ? Why ? If you keep zoning because of the "risk fact", so it means wall combo aren't really usefull then.

You told me I can't compare 2 different players with same char. Why ? Imo, this is in fact very interesting, because we can see what way of game style is the most effective, etc...

And what if blackula's biggest weaknesses would be to go-in too often (using 2 AA instead of charge for example) ?

So again, are combos good for Kenshi or should I go for a m2dave way ?
Why do you use ex-charge against crossup in wakeup instead of ex-RK ?
Why do I ask too many questions ? ^^

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

So :

I'm going to pick up a video you vs kitana where you could do a 100% safe RK but you go for charge. But it may be a risk indeed so at high level charge may be better than damage ?

I'm not trolling or anything pig, If I gotta play 100% zoning to make my Kenshi better, I will (except in few bad mu), that's why I'm asking, and that's why I'm asking you.

If the opponent is trapped to the wall at a jump distance, would you jump in or keep charging ? Why ? If you keep zoning because of the "risk fact", so it means wall combo aren't really usefull then.

You told me I can't compare 2 different players with same char. Why ? Imo, this is in fact very interesting, because we can see what way of game style is the most effective, etc...

And what if blackula's biggest weaknesses would be to go-in too often ?

I suggest watching all of my vids and watching all of blackula and choose what works best for u

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I did already (I edited btw), I expected some explanations before trying (I actually use both style randomly xD). Nevermind ^^

Tolkeen

/wrists

So :

I'm going to pick up a video you vs kitana where you could do a 100% safe RK but you go for charge.

EDIT :
01:45 to 01:55 for example. At 02:18 you lost because of the ex-charge instead of the RK.

But it may be a risk indeed so at high level charge may be better than damage ?

And what if blackula's biggest weaknesses would be to go-in too often (using 2 AA instead of charge for example) ?

So again, are combos good for Kenshi or should I go for a m2dave way ?
Why do you use ex-charge against crossup in wakeup instead of ex-RK ?
Why do I ask too many questions ? ^^
If you're fighting a character with an air throw, or kitana, they can hit you with a "crossover" face smashing kick instead of the punch, and the exRK won't reach high enough to hit them. Kitana's can do this and throw a fan to lead to a combo, or just throw a fan to get some distance since exRK on whiff is gonna leave you open for 63 frames. exSC has a Higher hitbox right at the starting point, so it's less likely to fail against people who do crossover kick.

Combos are always good to know.... just because you don't use them in a match, doesn't mean they aren't helpful. If a kitana fucks up and whiffs a f21, why WOULDN'T you full combo her.... to say you don't need combos is like saying you don't need shoes. Technically yes, but they are there to make your life easier.

GhosT

Noob
SaJa

I would suggest playing kenshi the way that feels comfortable to you, while i recommend zoning more, do what feels good to you.

With that being said, one thing to put some time into is kenshis corner combos and corner game. your more likely than not going to be pushing yourself to the corner while zoning, but when the opporunity arises to use corner pressure he is REAAALLY good at it.

Spend some time, learn the bnb midscreen combos (they arent hard to get down) you can pm me if you dont know them, and learn some corner combos as well. Kenshi has a lot of corner combo variations and there are a few for each type of starter ( 114, 21b2 f22b1 etc) most of them do similar damage, so find one you like and run with it. I have changed my corner BNB's several times after getting comfortable with them.

Still all in all kenshi is as strong as he is because of his zoning game, utilize it.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
No but I already know BnBs. My Kenshi isn't that beginner. I play him for months now. But to make him even better I need to know what works the best to him and why. Thanks for your answers guys.