What's new

The Blind Swordsman - The Kenshi Discussion Thread

cabibi

Noob
Well, my friend that works for xbox has the chicken pox and shingles LOL.. so he's not at the office... but he's going to try and VPN it to see if he can find anything out. I'll keep you guys posted if he finds anything.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
What you're saying makes no sense. People know the update cycles of their consoles, they expect things announced months in advance to be released in a timely manner, i.e. the scheduled date at the time of the console update. If NRS doesn't know that, they're deeply out of touch. Not giving any attention to the fact that he wasn't released this morning just makes them look like assholes.

And if he is being released and they're shutting up to avoid unwanted attention, then my previous statement is true: Somebody failed very hard today.
So if they come out and say "Hey we fucked up.. he isnt coming out today.. sorry" what good is that going to cause? Its not going to cause any. Your going to be just as mad as you are right now. And if he in fact IS going to be released later today.. They arent going to come out an apologize for it not being out already because they know he is coming.. people just have to wait a little longer. What is there to apologize about? The fact that MS dicked around and didnt put it up on time?

The reason they probably havent said anything is because they dont know if he is being released or not. They give the DLC to MS and PS and its their job to put it on their store. So if anything you should direct your anger towards MS.

I agree.. someone probably did fail very hard today. However I have a hard time believing that it was on NRS's behalf. I think you are looking for an apology in the wrong place.

Loscakes

Noob
rage

What you're saying makes no sense. People know the update cycles of their consoles, they expect things announced months in advance to be released in a timely manner, i.e. the scheduled date at the time of the console update. If NRS doesn't know that, they're deeply out of touch. Not giving any attention to the fact that he wasn't released this morning just makes them look like assholes.

And if he is being released and they're shutting up to avoid unwanted attention, then my previous statement is true: Somebody failed very hard today.
Agreed. There's also the fact that Garcia's twitter actually gave a release time so if something got in the way of that, whatever the hell it may be, he should have corrected himself. That really makes it look like he, and the rest of NRS, simply does not give any modicum of a fuck.

On top of that, has anyone else noticed all of the random gaming sites saying he's already out? That and the false ad on the dashboard is making me lose my mind.

Btw, I registered just to chime in on this nonsense. Fantastic site.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Well, my friend that works for xbox has the chicken pox and shingles LOL.. so he's not at the office... but he's going to try and VPN it to see if he can find anything out. I'll keep you guys posted if he finds anything.
LOLwut? Is this just bad ass luck or what?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So if they come out and say "Hey we fucked up.. he isnt coming out today.. sorry" what good is that going to cause? Its not going to cause any. Your going to be just as mad as you are right now. And if he in fact IS going to be released later today.. They arent going to come out an apologize for it not being out already because they know he is coming.. people just have to wait a little longer. What is there to apologize about? The fact that MS dicked around and didnt put it up on time?
I'm not mad that Kenshi isn't out, I'm mad because I don't know why he's out. If they held him back because of a bug in the code, or just because everyone was too wasted today to get anything done, there's really nothing to be angry about. It's all understandable. I just want the why.

The reason they probably havent said anything is because they dont know if he is being released or not. They give the DLC to MS and PS and its their job to put it on their store. So if anything you should direct your anger towards MS.

I agree.. someone probably did fail very hard today. However I have a hard time believing that it was on NRS's behalf. I think you are looking for an apology in the wrong place.
A valid point. I don't care if this is NRS or MS, I just want some communication here.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
If you have a pool and access to quickies, I don't see why Kenshi is a concern for you today.
the concern is not about getting kenshi, i could care less, the concern is that NRS will probably get it right. i kind of anticipated they would probably release him later on like 6 or 7 pm. I was looking forward to having him for free, i just hate the hassle of having to buy idiotic microsoft points for things i should of already have included in a 60$ game i bought. But hey that's just me... Capitalists, what can you do.

Who's to say they fucked up? Just because Skarlet came at a certain time doesn't mean every single DLC is going to be the same way. It's nearly 1 in the afternoon for fuck sakes, it's not like it's night time and we can say it's definitely not out yet.

You can't even base this on Skarlet's release because she was released with issues. It may be an xbox issue for all we know, just don't assume shit and wait.

Gurrry

Dont get me wrong guys.. I want Kenshi just as bad as you all do. But my whole point is that the day isnt over yet.

If he isnt out by 11:59 and NRS hasnt said a word addressing the situation.. THAT is when you can grab your pitchfork and raise hell. I will join you in the parade as well.

NRS - you have 12 hours to make a move. The ball is in your court.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
It has been decided that instead of receiving another character you should instead receive another game mode: "Test Your Patience"

Robotic

Gentleman.
Was he driven to open the Kenshi DLC box by an old man? He should know better.:bigsmile:

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Maybe he was the guy supposed to release Kenshi.

Dont get me wrong guys.. I want Kenshi just as bad as you all do. But my whole point is that the day isnt over yet.

If he isnt out by 11:59 and NRS hasnt said a word addressing the situation.. THAT is when you can grab your pitchfork and raise hell. I will join you in the parade as well.

NRS - you have 12 hours to make a move. The ball is in your court.
That's right NRS, you heard the man. YOU HAVE 12 HOURS TO GIVE US THE KENSHI, or you can say goodbye to your headquarters.

*Cue 24 ticking*

Gurrry

I have another theory too..

NRS is kind of looking worse and worse as they try and do more and more. It seems like everything they do has some sort of problem associated with it that is always going to be fixed at a later date.

Maybe Kenshi did in fact have some bugs.. but NRS just said "eff it.. lets give it to MS and patch it later through a hotfix"

With that mentality.. I could see MS denying some things from being released until they are satisfied. With the ammount of headaches the Skarlet thing and the Klassic Costume desynchs cause.. I cant say I blame them.

I guess id rather wait it out and have Kenshi work 100% rather than spend money downloading him today to find that I cant even use him online or it causes a massive amount of desynchs.

Gurrry

Well Im glad Boon finally came out and said something. However, he doesnt sound too sure of himself with that tweet lol.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Developers never give you anything 100%, since an entire host of things could go wrong for no reason at any moment.

cabibi

Noob
RT @ericmcelrath @noobde when are u releasing kenshi Mr Boon Noobde: Very close, still today. Will keep u posted! He will be worth the wait

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Well Im glad Boon finally came out and said something. However, he doesnt sound too sure of himself with that tweet lol.
Probably because he doesn't have any idea whats wrong, 90% of the time when DLC arrives late, and it happens ALL the time, it usually MS or sony going slow, for any number of reasons, and NRS can't really do anything about it, or saying anything, because its bad business to publicly say MS dun fucked up.